Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Hopeful88

    Hi, I have just been given my final interview date for Strathclyde police *whoop* anyone out there who has just completed this? How did it go?, What did they ask? etc the more information the better any insight would be great Thanks

    scottiedog007
  2. sword1546620377
    Started by sword1546620377,

    Hello everyone, I'm looking for so help, I will soon be starting with NWP and have been told that we will be given 8 modules to learn prior to joining. Can anyone shed some light onto the context of these and the amount of time you need to invest in them? many thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 403 views
    sword1546620377
  3. Rossy1
    Started by Rossy1,

    Anyone going through the process with Suffolk at the moment. I've got my final interview soon. Anyone else in the process?

  4. reflex4
    Started by reflex4,

    Did anybody apply for the police officer jobs when Wiltshire opened up a few weeks ago. If so what stage are you at and are you still waiting for your application form? Good luck.

    only_jukes1546620925 *
  5. Keeps
    Started by Keeps,

    Hi Nottinghamshire police are now recruiting. They are looking for 150 officers, are there any who are on Derbyshire's waiting list considering transferring their applications?

  6. rox1987
    Started by rox1987,

    Hey, Thought I'd set up a topic for those of us going to Tulliallan in February. I'm joining with Grampian, anyone else on here have a February start date for Grampian? Rox.

  7. sword1546620377
    Started by sword1546620377,

    Hello everyone I wanted to start a new topic for those of us who have been successful in joining the force and provide an opportunity for everyone to get to know each other. Also as we have to do some learning before we start I thought this might prove to be a useful space for everyone to help each other.

    sword1546620377
  8. turtletom
    Started by turtletom,

    Hi Everyone, Just done my 12 weeks with my tutor and fingers crossed will be going independant tomorrow. Nervous is not the word! I feel like I have no idea what I am doing and am finding myself thinking questions over and over in my head, it's starting to get a bit annoying now! Any other fellow students who have recently done independant give me any tips / advice? Thanks in advance.

  9. Nykad21
    Started by Nykad21,

    Is anyone going for this? For those already in it or in an other ASU, can anyone provide any insight to joining and the requirements, tests and training.

  10. Chris0984
    Started by Chris0984,

    Hello, Anybody applying to join this force?? I have my SETs on Sat 24th November!

    newby11546620625
  11. blackout17
    Started by blackout17,

    Anyone else get an email about the assessment centre in Feb? Little excited! But nervous too! Got a lot of preparing to do!

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  12. Ardwyn1a
    Started by Ardwyn1a,

    I have passed the application for the police, very chuffed but as time is going on and the assessment centre is getting closer am i doing the right thing! With the pay cut they have announced I will have a substantial pay cut to begin with, I have tried asking our HR dept. to ask how long it would take to even get back to where i am now, to no avail. Also I have 2 children under 10 when am i going to see them with only basically having 1 weekend off in 4, taking my son to rugby on Sunday mornings will be a thing of the past or at least a rareity. I do have a very supportive husband who is also very much into his sport...oh do i change the my family dynamics for the job?…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. reflex4
    Started by reflex4,

    Anyone else got there Cnc assessment centre in march. Received an email today about getting doctors and optician forms signed before 22nd March!

  14. akashamin
    Started by akashamin * ,

    Hi there, I received a e-mail yesterday stating that I had failed to obtain clearance from the vetting procedure for the metropolitan police specials. When I called up they stated that this was because I failed to declare that I had been arrested for robbery in 2005 and given a communication warning in 2005 for a prank call to a friends dad who actually called the police on us (I was 14...) Although I did actually declare both of them, I am pretty sure that I put them down as happening in 2006 as I generally couldn't remember exactly when they occured and didn't term either in the same way, i.e I put 'suspect for a stolen phone - no further action taken' and 'given a v…

  15. mogamo
    Started by mogamo,

    Hi everyone , I've got a start date in 6 weeks time for lincs regs . I have been looking for boots but I just have no idea what to buy . What sort of thing is everyone else got or buying ? I've seen some I like the look of but don't want to spend £70+ for them to arrive and be uncomfortable . Arghhh to much choice .

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.