Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Fingers crossed
    Started by Fingers crossed,

    Hi, How many of you out there are currently going through the recruitment process with Grampian Police? If so, what stage are you at, do you have a start date etc etc Would be good to hear from you all.

    steve131546620959
  2. OSGB36
    Started by OSGB36 * ,

    This could be of use to those training for the fitness test, here is the 15m bleep test from YouTube.

  3. Ref1546621029
    Started by Ref1546621029,

    Hello, I ave two points: Firstly, I passed the assessment Centre with a score of 53%. If I wanted to transfer my assessment score to anothern force, would this be possible? And if so, would I need to attend a final interview with that chosen force? Secondly, can anyone tell me if the Assessment is done Nationally, why does each force have it's own pass mark? Many thanks in adance.

  4. dmj
    Started by dmj,

    I received a letter this morning saying that I have been successful to date with Notts Police and invited to attend an Assessment Centre on 17 April. The problem is I am in the Territorial Army and have had overseas training planned since last year (before I even knew the police were recruiting). I am due to go 6-21 April. Would the police accept this a a valid reason for being unavailable and allow rearrangement? I don't want to phone and appear unable to follow instructions as the letter specifically says that the date is non-negotiable and unavailability to attend will lead to withdrawal from the application process. What do you guys think?

  5. MSZ

    Hello people, I've received an invitation to an interview with Norfolk police to transfer. Just thought I'd start this thread to see if there is anyone else out there in the same position. Hope you're out there :)

    • 0 replies
    • 838 views
  6. J.Andrew.Utah
    Started by J.Andrew.Utah * ,

    Hi all. Just wondering if there's anyone on here either working on Arv's in A&S, or have any knowledge of the role? I'm interested in transferring, but it would be a bit of a leap into the unknown at the moment! Cheers!

    J.Andrew.Utah *
  7. Alfie hurley
    Started by Alfie hurley * ,

    Does anyone know is South Wales will be taking on transferee constable's during the next financial year?

    Alfie hurley *
  8. CFreeman
    Started by CFreeman,

    Hello Mods of UK Police Online Forum . com, My question is can I request that there is a pinned topic in the recruitment section for regular (PC) recruitment drives and openings UK wide? If that can't be done, can you think of anything that I / we / us can do about it? The only other way I can think of doing it is by starting a new topic in this section and get people to post when a force opens up, but this means it may not stay in the top topics. I look forward to your response Thank you, CF

  9. George11
    Started by George11,

    Just a quick one, I was wondering how often do you do PT at Tulliallan? The reason I ask is because at my initial interview as I was asked, "How will you fit fitness around your studying while at college?" - and this got me thinking. Am I just over-analyzing that question, or is there more focus on the academic side at Tulliallan and they leave a lot of the fitness in your hands to improve? Many thanks, George

  10. donza3636
    Started by donza3636,

    HI all, I've had my assessment day today at Empress Building in London for Special Constables. I thought I did ok. However on the information pack I was sent there is written: You will be informed at the Assessment Centre when to expect your results. If you are successful, you will also be given a date to attend Day 2. I was not given a date to attend Day 2. Does that automatically mean that I faiiled or is there a little hope that procedure has changed? Thank you in advance for your help, Regards, Diana

  11. Ref1546621029
    Started by Ref1546621029,

    Hello, I was just wondeirng if anyone could give me advise on references? Will recuitment check all 5 years of employment? Also, I'm not sure how accurate the information I gave them was e.g. contact details, names etc, becasue for obvious reasons such as: managers retire, managers leave etc. Would the recruitment team just contact the companys' HR department to check that I had actually worked there, job title and the start and leave date? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Ref1546621029
  12. Timmy1972
    Started by Timmy1972 * ,

    Anyone failed CNC firearms and managed to reapply?

  13. autopilot
    Started by autopilot +,

    I'm interested in a course (or even a 1-2-1 session, not sure) but I have messaged them via there website a week ago and also called and left a message on a number listed on their site. Are they still around? Anyone know of any other method of contact?

  14. andyace

    Hi all, I have my Fitness test for Lothian and Borders on the 28th of March. I understand that the day includes a 1 hour Paperwork Excercise. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what that might entail, and what preperation I may be able to take before hand. Thankyou Andrew

  15. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    As i mentioned earlier in the week, I had my initial interview with Strathclyde. The mail has just been delivered to my work and my boss has an envelope with my name on it. If this is a reference, does that mean I passed the interview.......and my letter should be waiting on me getting home???

    • 3 replies
    • 414 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.