Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Adsy
    Started by Adsy,

    Just a quick one about the SEARCH interview.... What are the competencies you're questioned on in the Interview? I have a feeling all the information I'm coming across is outdated.... Thanks in advance.

  2. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    How do the Police test breathing, reflexes and lung capacity?

    • 2 replies
    • 351 views
  3. saffaguy
    Started by saffaguy,

    Good evening I am new to this forum and need some help. I have an assessment day coming up for the regs and was wondering if anyone that has passed this recently have any good tips on what books I should get to prepare me. I am particularly looking at the numerical reasoning test and if there are any books or online pages I could look at to practice. I believe the assessment day has changed since November 2012 and the tests are a lot more difficult. Thank you for all your help.

    FutureBright
  4. mancuser
    Started by mancuser,

    Few questions, I've seen that cumbria seem to have had an intake already this year, will this intake also be starting in the near future ? For those joining externally, with no experience, has the pay changed to 19? Or is it still 22/23? Appreciate best info !

  5. AndrewB
    Started by AndrewB,

    Hello, I'm doing my first traffic op tomorrow and wanted to clear up a few things. At Hendon we weren't told to caution when pointing out an offence yet on borough one mentor mentioned to my other new colleague he should have. So would I be right in thinking if I stop a car for routine checks and then suspect he has no insurance, to then caution him before continuing with the enquiries?

  6. kay17377
    Started by kay17377,

    Hi everyone, It's been a while since I posted on here but I was after an honest opinion. I am in two minds as to whether to apply for Sussex Police or wait for the Met to open up. I am currently police staff with the Met but I feel it will help getting the thoughts of the two different forces from people who aren't going to give a bias thought due to the fact I know them. Any thoughts would be welcome as it leaves me in a bit of a dilemma as what to do as you can only apply to one force at a time Thank you for your thoughts

  7. Ryanbev1992
    Started by Ryanbev1992,

    Hi all new to this forum. Here is a little information about me. I'm 21 years old and live in windy Edinburgh. I left school in 2009 with the ambition to join the army come out and pursue a career with the police as this is my long term goal in life. Unfortunately this never planned out and i was medically discharged due to having severe shin splints in my infantry training. Since I have came out, I have had a number of jobs. Mostly retail / customer service so I do have experience dealing with different types of people. I am now working at the airport working as a ramp agent. I am planning on applying to Lothian and Borders Police as they are recruiting towards the …

  8. ifonly
    Started by ifonly,

    Hi All Anyone have any info on how and when GMP will recruit police officers this year?

    popularfurball
  9. fruity74
    Started by fruity74,

    Anyone else for Tayside waiting on a start date?

  10. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    Had my final interview yesterday and got the great news that I passed. Although it is now Police Scotland, it was originally Strathclyde that I applied for. Advised that should go through March intake next year.

  11. mezza90
    Started by mezza90,

    Hello all, Does anybody know if West Mids will be following other forces by restricting recruitment to Specials, PCSOs and Police staff? I know there are a few documents out there that include needing qualifications or relevant experience as SC's etc. but nothing force specific. I've been a special for 2 years now completing nearly 40hrs+ a month (130hrs my max monthly record) on top of my full time job. I'd say I'm fairly well experienced as I don't just help, but work alongside my regular colleagues and the team I work with regard me as an competent officer. In my opinion I think this is the way forward but will need administering properly. e.g. SC's with little exp…

  12. manchester_joe
    Started by manchester_joe,

    Im onto the final interview stage with what was grampian police. The feeback from my initial interview was to try and speak or gain some info from current serving police scotland officers (pref in the grampian area). Im posting on here for some info as i live in manchester and it is a little difficult for me to speak direct with officers on the beat or to visit a station in the grampian area. Are there any serving officers who can give me any info on how the police scotland change has had an effect on them if any? Any info on the good/bad parts of the job? Helpful tips for areas to pay particular attention to prior to the interview And anything else of any help would …

  13. scotslad01
    Started by scotslad01 * ,

    Hello i wonder if anyone can help me or if anyone has been in a similar position, i'm looking to submit my apply for the new Scottish police as a police officer when the start recruiting as i applied last year in April to lothian & borders police but failed the vetting process due having 6 points on my licence but in august last year my fixed penalty points had been removed as the four years came to an end as the first offence was back in 2008 so therefore i've got 3 points on my driving licence at present but here's where it gets interesting both penalty points are for the same offence the first offence happened back in 2008 & then again in 2010 as they stay on m…

    scotslad01 *
  14. macur
    Started by macur,

    Does anyone actually know the pay salaries for new recruits. All forces seem to be different but there seems to be some caginess about salaries. All I know is probationers dependant on prior experience start at either £19k or £22 with experience. and after 2 years probation it rises to £23,00. I can't find anything about how a new recruit salary hits top cons sooner than as in the past. I've searched various force sites and many are still showing the OLD - Pre Winsor salary scales. Any information would be gratefully appreciated as I need to make a career changing decision fairly soon. Cheers

  15. FH MSC
    Started by FH MSC,

    Basically what the title says, has anyone here been on one of these policing foundation degrees? or are you studying it now? If so can I have a bit of insight into what its like and your options afterwards? I want to get into the regs but should somehow it not work out or I just decide full time policing as opposed to specialling is not for me , where can such a degree lead me into outside the service? It seems like it would be a waste if so and that is probably the only thing holding me back from considering one of these degrees over something else more suited to my talents and interests which is more rigorous and respected such as Engineering or Law. Would be glad if …

    countybounty

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.