Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. cleverley1986
    Started by cleverley1986 * ,

    Hello, Been contacting South Wales over the last year on a monthly basis. There was up until last month a list of officers interested in transferring but the list has now been removed for some reason. From what I gather they haven't taken applicants or transfers for many years now? Does anyone have any information regarding this force and when they last recruited? Considering we get paid to an equal level nationally and the only difference is I get a £2k south east allowance I think considering the cost of property out there it would make more sense to go.

  2. Dave32
    Started by Dave32,

    Hi all. I'm applying to become a special and really could do with brushing up on whatever is needed at the assessment centre. Trouble is I don't know what sort of written tests and verbal logical reasoning tests are done at the assessment. Are there any up to date books I can buy to give me a bit of a head start?

  3. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    What is your best time?? I passed with 10.30 minutes but would ideally be aiming for just under 10.

  4. jonavery181546621106
    Started by jonavery181546621106,

    Hi everyone, First post so I'll try and keep it short. I was just wondering if anyone on here applied for the recent opening in Avon and Somerset? Competition seems hard and I read on the BBC News website that 4000 people applied for the 35 jobs that were avaliable . I made it through the online tests to the application form and I'm assuming that 4000 people won't have got that far? Also wondering if anyone knows when we would here back? The closing date was 3 weeks ago on Sunday. I had and internal application for Devon and Cornwall as I am a trainee Special (finishing in July) but I decided to go for A and S. Still don't know if I made the right choice.

    jonavery181546621106
  5. LewisM
    Started by LewisM * ,

    Hello, I was hoping someone here could help me with a few questions: I recently applied to join GMP as a PCSO, I made it to the written online questions (the 3 or 4 questions, each a few hundred words) but unfortunately failed to advance further than that. I replied to the rejection email thanking them for their time and asking if I would have to wait 6 months before I could apply again, to which they replied that I wouldn't have to wait. I was sure it was a 6 months between applications, can anyone confirm this for me? My thinking was to get onto the force as a PCSO then eventually move to an Officer, is this a good way of going about it? After looking into it furthe…

  6. oliverrose68
    Started by oliverrose68,

    I'm putting an app in to the police for the next recruitment drive for either The Met or TVP. What's everyone's views on what these forces are like? Any one transferred between them as a regular? I'm currently doing a CKP so no issue for the met. Only difference I can see is the difference in living allowance between £2k and £6k which is quite a big difference also that perhaps the recruitment process in TVP will be quicker than the met... Any one else got any views? Any knowledge would be appreciated.

  7. Jordan_0
    Started by Jordan_0,

    Hello, I really don't know where to put this but I am desperate for an answer. For years I have wanted to be a police officer. I have read pages of information on different sites about requirements etc I thought I was clued up on it all ( as I am training atm ) However just yesterday my mum spoke to one of the people she works with and her friends boy joined the police 5 years ago and it was a requirement to know how to swim... this is news to me. I am from the UK, Scotland. Can anyone please tell me if it is essential to swim? Because I really hate water and could not go under the water etc.. Please help! Thanks :) ~ Jordan P

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    If you are interested in joining the regulars please register your intereste by visiting this website: http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/ckp/ You have till the 4th of July 2013. When I registered my interest, I was told by HR, "you will need to have completed CKP and have it in hand by December to be eligable to start training in Febuary 2014. This all depends if you pass application sift, day 1 and 2 and vetting".

  9. thehusky69
    Started by thehusky69,

    Hi I have always had a strong interest in being part of my local community and have always had a 9-5 desk job and i feel the time is right to step up and follow my interests in taking the step to train as a Police Officer as and when the opportunity arises within my local Police Force. I joined this forum to get a clearer understanding from people with knowledge and experience and hope you can share some of your advice to me to help me along. Many Thanks

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. donza3636
    Started by donza3636,

    Hi, Does anyone know if character references are checked by phone or email? One of my referee is Italian and his written English is ok but his speaking is not good enough to have an advanced conversation on the phone. Thank you in advance!! D.

  11. Sunissa87
    Started by Sunissa87,

    Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone applied for Suffolk a few weeks ago and if anyone is at the assessment centre on August 8th?

  12. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    FYI: http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/newconstable/index.html

    Future_officer
  13. oliverrose68
    Started by oliverrose68,

    Is anyone a recent recruit to the met? Once training has finished and you are assigned a tutor, what team are you assigned to for your two years? Response or Safe neighbourhood? Also how long would it be until you could do your bluelight driving course?

  14. Response Pleb
    Started by Response Pleb,

    The Job have just started a 'different' way of bringing in new officers. I must admit to being a bit dubious about it, because it is so unusual. New recruits enroll in the University on a 2 year programme that costs £9,000. They are attested as Special Constables at the same time. They spend their first academic year receiving lectures and in the May of the following year, emerge from year 1. They then come to the Job for their 10-week in-company phase with an Assessor/Tutor Constable. It's the role of the Assessor to take them to becoming an Independant Officer. In their 2nd year they work for the Constabulary full time completing their NOS competencies. The…

    • 2 replies
    • 931 views
    Traffic Rat +
  15. mancuser
    Started by mancuser,

    Just wwanted to know, in the interview section in my pack it says "You will be asked one question in relation to the following four competancy areas" - then names 4. I've got samples ready which I believe answer them, but looking at the wording I wanted to be sure if possible. Will they ask for examples of these competancies from my past ? Or will it be any of the 6? Cheers !

    FutureBright

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.