Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. wakewaterblue
    Started by wakewaterblue,

    Hi all I have my assessment next week to be a rejoiner for the Met. I was feeling fairly confident until i received the competencies for the interview and realised i had never seen it before and it was new! Anyone experienced an interview under the new MPS Performance Framework before? Operational Effectiveness, Organisational Influence, Resource Management. I'm none the wiser as have been sat for 2 days trying to work out what questions they may ask and what I can give as examples however not knowing how long the interview will be, what on earth i could be asked................ i am getting worried!

  2. bororich
    Started by bororich,

    Hi guys I was just after some general advice about ways to becoming a police officer. are forces carrying out any external recruitment any more or is it headed a lot more towards internal posts (such as routes through the specials pcso etc) is it worth while doing the ckp course? Thing is I spoke to a friend who is a police officer asking him a similar question and his response was they would just take on internally if that was the case?? and he says that the ckp certificate hasn't been approved yet so there is no need to stress! Any thoughts on the subject would be great fully received!

  3. Mrs G23
    Started by Mrs G23,

    Hi, i am quite new to the site and wondered if there was anyone else on here going through the recruitment process for Tayside? How's it going? And what stage are you at? Most of the posts I've read are from people being recruited for all the other Scottish forces?! *through!!

  4. beeb72
    Started by beeb72,

    My son passed the written test, fitness test ... went for interview and assesment centre yesterday and got an email saying he was unsuccesfull? anyone any idea why he failed at this stage? He tried to phone the recruitment this afternoon as stated on the email but he needs to get feedback from the person that interviewed him and she was not in until tomorrow. Just looking for anything that would have made him fail at this stage?

  5. L2001
    Started by L2001 * ,

    Hi, I'm new to the forums. In regard to the Civil Nuclear Constabulary, I would be very grateful if any of you could answer some of my questions: 1) Can anyone tell me if they will be recruiting for Police Officer (AFO) positions this year? I sent them an e-mail in the latter half of 2012 and unfortunately they were unable to comment if they would be recruiting for 2013. 2) With exceptions to Sellafield, Dounreay and Dungeness, is it just by chance which power stations the CNC recruit for each year or does the CNC offer quite a varied range of sites during each recruitment drive? 3) Could anyone confirm if all police officers based at a power station need to live with…

  6. Bob12
    Started by Bob12,

    Does anybody know definitively if you can apply to become a Pcso with one force and apply to become a police constable with another? I'm thinking of moving back home I have a police constable app in at the moment but back home they are looking for pcso's can I do both that way I've got the option to move back. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 304 views
  7. The Doctor
    Started by The Doctor,

    Hi I am new here. I have got a Collision Accident Report Book assessment and I need to complete this book properly. Can anyone post a link to some guide notes please? I really need the help. Kind regards Paulio.

  8. CoverlessCam
    Started by CoverlessCam * ,

    Hi Guys Im wondering if any of you have been through the recruitment process for PCSO with Norfolk Constabulary. I just want to confirm weather i will have to attend an assessment center the same as PC or the PIR test. I have previously been unsuccessful for role of PC and failed at assessment center so im hoping its PIR. Some of their paperwork/website contradicts which it will be. Thanks

    CoverlessCam *
  9. D78
    Started by D78,

    Hi Everyone, Just a quick update for you. Police Scotland are now recruiting Special Constables as of today. Regular's will be recruited later in the year.

  10. scrobbie8
    Started by scrobbie8 * ,

    Sorry, I posted earlier that I start Tulliallan on the 1st but it's not until the 8th. Would like to hear from anyone with advice or from anyone starting with Grampian on the 27th March then Tulliallan on the 8th. Cheers

  11. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi guys, I'm due in a few weeks/month to attend the Westhire Centre A/C at Ryton. I'm concerned as I know the roleplays are timed to 5 minutes however I have heard rumours that you can not wear a watch. I'm finidng it very difficult to plan for 5mins worth of questions and I really don't want to reach that awkward point where you just sit there for 2 mins waiting for the 5 mins to attend. Does anyone have any advice? Do people use watches?

    jonavery181546621106
  12. weenic
    Started by weenic,

    Hi there, I submitted my application for the position of police constable last March with Central Scotland (regulars, not specials). I have completed the SET & fitness tests, assessment day and panel interview. I feel a bit in limbo at the moment as the recruitment officer has email to say they are off sick, and there is still no word of a start date. I know that everyone is very busy with the forces joining together, and perhaps there will be no further intakes until after the beginning of April. Just wondering if anyone else knows of any news. I have contacted the recruitment line previously and there was no further updates, and the person I spoke to sounded r…

  13. sporty yellow
    Started by sporty yellow,

    Hi guys, Just applied to North Wales so only at the paper sift stage, have just found out I have high blood pressure now can anyone tell me would this stop me from joining? Also if was on high blood pressure medication would this stop me from joining? Thanks in advance. Al

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 683 views
    znra2511546080955
  14. Hightower999
    Started by Hightower999,

    I'm currently in process of transferring to Notts. I've been given a date for interview and not received any information what general areas this may cover. Does anyone know if it's competency based, knowledge of PACE checking as well as the usual why and what do you know about us questions?

    Hightower999
  15. Calumkerr
    Started by Calumkerr * ,

    So I heard recently that the gov have reduced the pay of starting Police officers with no experience down to 19k a year but with those wishing to join having had some experience being able to come in at the normal 22k or so. Well I haven't ever been a PCSO or anything but I have been a Prison Officer for 4.5 years and obviously deal with dangerous and difficult situations everyday. So basically what I'm asking is do you guys think that this would count towards putting me into the 22k bracket as I have a mortgage to pay and wouldn't be able to afford the drop to 19k but still truly wish to become a police officer. Any feedback would be great.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.