Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. autopilot
    Started by autopilot +,

    Had my AC today, I'm certain I failed as I missed so many questions. It MUCH harder that the old test, even with a calculator. Anyone know what the mark to pass it is?

  2. garyhooks
    Started by garyhooks,

    I'm currently a DC in a home county force and I'm planning over the next 1-3 years to actively go for promotion. I don't live too far from the MET borders and could get a train there or drive within an hour or so. I've heard in the past that the MET have advertised for sergeants and accepted PC/DC if they get through the entrance board, e.g. you join and they promote you as sergeant. Obviously this is not open currently, but is it realistic to think that in the next few years this could happen again? Thanks everyone

  3. want2bein
    Started by want2bein * ,

    Hi folks, Does anyone know if blood tests are routinely taken as part of the medical? Also, do the force request your full medical history from your GP? Not trying to hide anything, just interested. Thanks.

  4. Terry tibbs5
    Started by Terry tibbs5,

    Any PCSOs applying or have done who are not making paper sift or have bbeen successful??

    • 0 replies
    • 316 views
    Terry tibbs5
  5. macca16598
    Started by macca16598 * ,

    Apologies if there is already a thread on this. I have my fitness assessment, paperwork exercise and familiarisation input on 13th may with L&B. I'm aware of the fitness requirements however have no idea what the paperwork exercise and familiarisation input involve. Anyone able to shed any light on is for me? I've had a look on the police Scotland website but can't see any mention of them on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    macca16598 *
  6. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    Hey all. Ive recently found out I've got through to the Assessment stage of the application process. Just wondering what current (and up-to-date) books are worth buying. Ive also stumbled across these different organisations like 'taling blues' that "coach" you and help you prepare for the big day. Are these actually worth while going on as the cost around £145. Regards

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. sleemark2938
    Started by sleemark2938,

    Hi all, I know that this topic has probably been covered on numerous occasions already but I cant find it! Can anyone recommend a good shop/site for police boots (quality and value for money). Many thanks, Mark

    sleemark2938
  8. Conway
    Started by Conway,

    With high unemployment, applications to the police service have hit its highest as many people seek to try to find some form of job security. With this rise comes tough compeition. So right now, I'm considering all options to improve myself before application. Now I've found How 2 Become A UK Police Officer, but before buying. I am wondering here if anyone has used the product and does it actually provide a good wealth of information that can be used effectively during application stages? Thanks in advance for any opinions put foward.

    mrthomasmrtom101
  9. blackout17
    Started by blackout17,

    Silly question. However for the role play when you do your 'plan' or 'blueprint' Can you take this inside the assessment room with you?

    mrthomasmrtom101
  10. Mariakeep
    Started by Mariakeep,

    Hi I recently done my assessment for TVP but I know I did really badly at the maths test 1. I wasn't expecting the format which they done as it has completely changed 2. I am really really bad at maths. Basiclly if I failed the maths part does that mean I have failed and its game over for the whole assessment? As I think I did ok for all the other assessments that took place that day. I'm dreeding getting my results which are due anyday now.Any advice would be really appreciated.

    mrthomasmrtom101
  11. guy123
    Started by guy123,

    Hi, What are the stages at the PC Reg's AC Centre - have they changed in the last few years? Also what are the competencies that are now being used as I have heard that the old ones (personal responisbility, teamwork, problem solving, etc) have now changed? All I am after is the AC centre structure, I am not after help on how to deal with particualr stages at the AC centre. Cheers Guy1324

    mrthomasmrtom101
  12. gemlogical

    I'm sure this must be somewhere in the forum but i keep reading different things. On my letter for the day it says 7.3 but I've read it's now 5.4? I'm applying for what was the Grampian police. Thank you for your time x

  13. SmokeyH
    Started by SmokeyH,

    Well after a final Interview last year, I have recently been given dates for the next steps in 2013 now. Is anyone else in the same position as me? My application has passed the 4 year mark due to various circumstances but the end is in sight

    italiantoni *
  14. ufcundisputed
    Started by ufcundisputed,

    I sent in my applicaiton for Norfolk before closing date of on 07/09/12 and was told we will be contacted via email if successfull or unsuccessful by 28th, but have had no reply? Anyone else who applied for Norfolk heard anything?

  15. Captain P
    Started by Captain P,

    hello everyone, please bare with me as this is my first time on the site! I have recently completed my assessment centre and firearms assessment/fitness at ryton for the CNC (Civil Nuclear Constabulary) and I was successful. These assessments took part over 2 days in late July. However, since finding out I was successful I have heard nothing back, apart from when I rang HR and asked what the next steps were. They informed me that I need a medical and that there was a long waiting list. My question to the forum is, Has anyone recently completed the recruitment process for the CNC and if so, what are the waiting times roughly for medicals after completing assessment centr…

    • 5 replies
    • 4.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.