Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Bob12
    Started by Bob12,

    Anyone had an interview?

  2. dsmith321
    Started by dsmith321 * ,

    Hey everyone, couldnt seem to find the answer anywhere, so as I found this forum thought I might as well join and ask. So, I was wondering, as a prospective police officer within the near future, is there any reading material I can access or buy that would help familiarise me with procedures, laws, policies etc that it would be helpful to start learning early? Have been applying to forces, and should soon be a beacon support officer, but was wanting to prepare myself as much as possible. Thankyou in advance for anyone able to help Dan

  3. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Joining the Job > Do You Qualify? Age You must be 18 1/2 to join the police. You can apply at aged 18. There is technically no upper age limit but at present officers must retire no later than age 60 and there is a two year training and probationary period - you do the maths! Disability The police service is an equal opportunities employer, and where possible, will make adjustments in order to not discriminate against those who are disabled. There is a space on the application form to declare disabilities. Note that there are restrictions on how far the police service is able to adjust. For example, some people have tried using the provisions of the Disability Dis…

  4. chippy62
    Started by chippy62 * ,

    Hello everyone, First post here! I came across this forum whilst doing some research on the Police Assessment Centre. For the interview I am aware that you are asked four different questions covering four of the competency based areas. My question is, are you told which area the question covers? I'm assuming not! I'm just dreading getting my scenarios all muddled up and then becoming flustered. Or do you think when they ask the question, I should instantly know which area they are referring to? Many, many thanks for your time, much appreciated. Chippy

  5. Lornz2013
    Started by Lornz2013,

    Hi All Not been on this site since about 2007. Is anyone out there soonto face their final interview for MERSEYSIDE Police. Most likely through Internal recruitment at the mo. regards

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  6. tbc
    Started by tbc,

    Hi all, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone is waiting for a start date with Surrey Police? If so how long have you been waiting and have you been given any indication of a start date? Cheers, TC

  7. samold
    Started by samold * ,

    Hi guys used to be a member here a while ago and it was excellent for all the information and help I got. So basically I applied for Merseyside police when I was 18 and virtually passed everything except for vetting. Im 22 now and want to apply to the met. I think a reason I failed vetting last time was because of certain family members with bad records wholive near me. I have never been in trouble with the police.So would it be worth applying to the met I would be willing to move away from the area that im currently in now. This is a job ive wanted to do since being 14 years old.

  8. rye12
    Started by rye12,

    Just thought I'd put it up on here, cambs are recruiting if anyone was interested, info on their website.

  9. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi guys, I potentially will be starting with Leicestershire at the end of this year. I called them the other day and basically they said if you have served 18 months as a Special and have IPS you will start on a higher salary. As I have only served 9 months as a Special and do not have IPS I would be on £19k. The person in HR seemed unsure but thought I would be on £19,000 for 2 years. Few questions: - I'm not sure exactly what the higher starting salary is, did Windor's £21k suggestion get accepted? - Does each force have discretion as to who, criteria wise starts on the higher salary? - Would I really stuck on £19k for 2 years? I thought Police pay was nationally g…

  10. xGriffin123
    Started by xGriffin123,

    Hello, Firstly, I would like to apologize if this question has been asked before, I had a look around the site and can find various pieces of information, however I would like to get a definitive answer if possible. I have been accepted into Grampian Police and will be starting on 27th March (Can't wait) and the list of items I need to bring says I need two pairs of footwear. I am guessing, one is for everyday use, the other for parade. What is reccomended, two pairs of boots? or one pair of boots for work, and a pair of shoes for parade. Does anyone have any reccomendations on both Parade boots/shoes and operational ones? I would assume, if I am correct with the opera…

  11. donza3636
    Started by donza3636,

    Hi, Does anyone know if character references are checked by phone or email? One of my referee is Italian and his written English is ok but his speaking is not good enough to have an advanced conversation on the phone. Thank you in advance!! D.

  12. matty_28
    Started by matty_28,

    Hi I am looking for some advice on how the recruitment process has changed in the last few years? I applied for GMP in 2007 and 2009 and missed out by a single mark on both occasions and I largely put that down to inexperience as I was only 18 and 19 at the time of the respective applications. After that I took a course with Talking Blues to help me with the assesment centre process but never got the chance again. I have been working in IT for the last couple of years and have recently started to think about my future again and I want to change career and follow my dreams. However, after some initial investigation I have noticed that a number of forces are now requiring…

  13. FlissL
    Started by FlissL * ,

    Anyone else going to the Staffordshire assessment centre on Thursday 30th at Ryton? I'm getting nervous now!

  14. burtsbees
    Started by burtsbees,

    Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone else out there who is currently working their way through the online stages for Derbyshire PC recruitment? Thought I'd set up a thread to see how everyones application progresses..!

  15. Joberate

    British Transport Police is looking for Police Officers in the United Kingdom! Apply by April 3rd! Protecting more than 6 million people and 400,000 tonnes of freight over 10,000 miles of track, our Police Officers take uniquely challenging journeys every day. We’re the UK’s only national police force, and our people need to be the best, without exception. Your role can transform in a split second – from patrolling or intelligence gathering to emergency response. You’ll need exceptional judgement, tireless dedication and the ability to make a calming connection with all kinds of people in highly emotional and stressful situations. Join our peerless team and you’ll find…

    beenaroundtheblock1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.