Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Nicm89
    Started by Nicm89,

    Hey everyone, Got an offer of employment and supposed to start at tulliallan on 9th of jan, but my offer has now been withdrawn as I failed my medical. I suffered from a mental illness and had a stay in hospital this summer so they want a background report from my gp. I passed the medical with flying colours, my weight is fine and my gp says that I am both mentally and physically reay to join. Infact her says he thinks its exacty what I need. I'm not on anti-depressants or anything, I just got in a bad routine with exercise and eating and voluntarily put myself in hospital to sort it. Anyone have any ideas about whether this will preclude me from being accepted? I have…

  2. tottenhamhalls
    Started by tottenhamhalls,

    Just had a phone call today that along with many others, my application has been terminated, desperately disapointed as i passed the Day one assessment and was waiting for my day two, which i shouldve got at the end of October, they said there is other positions and my Day one will last two years, but it just feels im going to go through the same long process again. Just seems to build you up than knock you down when you get so close

  3. yliving
    Started by yliving,

    Hi, just starting a post for anybody starting at Tulliallan in November. I'm starting with L&B, finish my current job tomorrow and got 3 weeks off to prepare!! Anybody know if you can leave at night if needed? I know you need to be back by 10.30pm but is it ok to leave and come back by then? Have 3 young kids and don't stay far from Tulliallan so if allowed I might nip out to meet them midweek and say hello. Thanks for any advice, Yvonne.

    Fingers crossed
  4. jamie_scotland
    Started by jamie_scotland * ,

    I received a letter today from strathclyde police that my application would not be taken any further and no reason given. I spoke too the recruitment department and spoke too a member of staff and was told that I was rejected on the basis of two traffic convictions in the space of three months. Now the convictions are driving while on a mobile device and speeding which gave a total of 7 points. I understand that they are close but I did learn my lesson but I did not commit a serious offence and the fact that my current employer a well know custodial establishment where not that concerned. So why have I been rejected and have to wait a year to apply for which will Scottis…

  5. P365
    Started by P365,

    Hello I am looking at transferring to TVP and would greatly appreciate if any TVP officers would PM me or reply to this post with some advice. It would be a big move for me so it will need to be well planned. Many thanks P365

    • 0 replies
    • 597 views
  6. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    As I am now training as a Special I thought it worth my while potentially looking at ending an event mocked up like a Police assessment centre. I know these kinds of events exist but wondered if anyone knew of any reputable ones that actual understand the recruiting model and do not charge and arm and a leg?

    • 9 replies
    • 734 views
  7. Amelia123
    Started by Amelia123 * ,

    I think I know the answer but maybe someone may know more and be able to offer their advice. 6 years ago I applied to join the police, got offered a job and started the training. Then stupidly due to the circumstances at the time (I can not justify my actions just have huge regret for the rest of my life), ended up shoplifting from multiple shops on one occasion. This did not result in a conviction but I was cautioned in triplicate for the offence. I told the police force immediately and the offer of employment was withdrawn ofcourse. Since I have gone to university and trained as a teacher and have been a fully qualified teacher for 2 years. The criminal record has not…

  8. kidders
    Started by kidders,

    Does everyone who submits an application form get sent one of these? If so why don't they put it in with the application form? If not does it usually indicate that you've passed the paper sift or just that they now definitely have your application? Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I just haven't seen any mention of it- even on the local force website when they outlined the recruitment stages! Thanks K

  9. CMT_22

    Evening all, Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I am trying to gain some clarity on the subject of further service as a Reservist prior to discharging from the military. Many police application forms ask for details of reserve liabilities, including expiry date. It is my understanding that when a member of the regular Army leaves the service, he/she remains liable to be recalled in times of extreme need. I believe that once you leave the Army you enter the Army Reserve for 6 years. Is this a bar on police service during this period? Many thanks.

  10. Rocks
    Started by Rocks,

    Hi all Is there any serving/former service Officers on here that has experience in the recruitment side of the service? I have had an email asking for further information regarding my application. And don't know how to proceed. Thanks

  11. Nicked
    Started by Nicked,

    As above, does anyone know of any forces currently accepting transfer AC Scores? Any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 416 views
  12. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Any one on here put an application in to the Dyfed-Powys police officer recruitment that closed yesterday? Was not overly advertised by the looks of it.

    • 0 replies
    • 805 views
  13. scottiedog007
    Started by scottiedog007,

    I am due to start at Tulliallan in the January intake and was wondering if there is any decent running routes round the ground as for the last 3 years I have taken part in the inverness 1/2 marathon and was hoping to still do it next year in march while at the college so need some good training routes many thanks in advance for any reply's Scott

  14. gandy088
    Started by gandy088,

    Hello, On the Jan intake for Tulliallan, I was wondering as I am not from anywhere near the place is it possible to stay there at the weekends? Wouldn't be planning on staying there every weekend and I realise you would prob have to get your own food but might be handier. Cheers

    Fingers crossed
  15. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    Good Morning guys, I am currently considering putting in an application to the Met to transfer from my current force (closing date 30/11/12). Is there anyone on here who has done the same? If so, how do they find the Met in comparison to their previous force? I am fully aware that the police service as a whole is currently suffering big time but have always aspired to work in the Met. Cheers! JZ101

    • 0 replies
    • 801 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.