Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I am in the system for joining, a previous flat mate at my address was convicted of a s.39 assault. Will this have an impact on my application? He no longer lives at the address and has not for several months.
-
- 4 replies
- 646 views
- 1 follower
-
-
my local police force has vacancies for Special Constables that I wish to apply for next month, and have been looking through the application form and I have a few questions if that's ok. 1. one section asks for information on your mother/father/siblings, due to the fact I am in foster care and have never met any of my blood relatives, should I leave this section blank? 2. when answering the questions about why I want to join, what I hope to gain, and how I think it will affect me, and how have I prepared, what kind of info should I include, as in what kind of things would make me stand out? 3. in what physical state am I expected to be in when applying or if I am acce…
-
-
- 3 replies
- 463 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I just wanted to post a thread as I have my assessment centre next week, and I am just starting to feel nervous. I have prepared so much now, and I just want to get in there and do it! Does anyone else have their assessment centre date coming up soon, and if so, how are you feeling? Rob
-
-
- 21 replies
- 1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there! New to the forums and I am just in the process of doing the application for Strathclyde police. Hoping to get it sent in by the end of this week. Anyone have any idea of the closing date for this recruitment drive? I applied just before the last recruitment freeze and at that time all you had to do was write a personal statement. I passed the paper siveve then and was waiting on a fitness test date when the freeze happened. Now with the new application Im struggling a bit with the questions, anyone else in the same boat. :) C
-
-
- 106 replies
- 5.9k views
- 15 followers
-
-
OK guys, been away from the board a little while. I now have my start date for the MET PCSO position. 8th October, which is great. However, they didn't give me any idea about where I would be posted after the 6 weeks training. Would it be worth my while phoning to ask them if they have any idea at all? As the problem is, if I am posted to a borough which takes 2 hours to get to, then I am going to have to not follow up with the application. Any ideas?
-
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
My son, George, aged 14, wants to join the Police Force. We have been helping him research the education requirements etc, and have bee looking at the Policing degrees and Public Services courses. Has anyone had any experience of these courses and do they feel they have helped them develop appropriate skills for the Police force and helped their chances for recruitment. I have also seen a number of degrees for Forensics and Criminology, and wonder if he would be better aiming for these? Any advice greatly received, except to tell him to choose Another career!!! Thank you.
-
- 8 replies
- 808 views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hello, Since I was a child I have always wanted to join the police force. In a few months time I will be at the legal age to apply to the police. The only thing I am worried about is my Dad's (and some of his families) past. I live in South East england with my mother and my step dad and no one in their family has ever had any problems with the police and don't have any criminal records (some have a few speeding point's but that's it!). My dad (and his family) are quite the opposite. They are quite well known up in scotland with the police and my dad and some members of his family have quite a record with the police (mainly drunk & disorderly and my dad almost went …
-
- 4 replies
- 596 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I need some help. I'm want to apply to join the Police as a PC at the end of this year. Just wondering if anyone knows the Lothian and Borders tattoo policy? I stupidly got some 4 years ago. They are; Left forearm- small Swallow (bird) Right forearm- flames, skull, 2 roses, heart and 2 Swallows Left lower leg- flames, skull and a few stars Would any of these be classed as offensive, extensive, prominent or garish? Any replies appreciated! :wink:
-
-
- 34 replies
- 1.6k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Just a quick question I hope someone could help me with: Way back in January I applied to become a Special Constable with Devon and Cornwall Police whilst I was in my final year in university. I passed the initial application (paper shift?) and was told I would be given 8 weeks to attend a selection centre. However whilst at university I was a member of the UOTC and have now been given an opportunity to join the TA. But my question is can I be a member of the TA whilst still in the application process, I've heard rumours saying yes but others saying no. If anyone could help me out that would much appreciated. Thanks
-
- 3 replies
- 587 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Whilst I'm sure they are clean as a whistle, my wife's family have lived in the Caribbean for the past twenty years and are therefore (I presume) relatively uncheckable. Will this count against me in the vetting procedure?
-
- 1 reply
- 378 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi Guys Does anyone know if there has been any movement on recruitment with Westmids? I applied 3 years ago and passed my assessment centre all thats outstanding is my medical and fitness. It has been on my mind quite recently as i'm starting to get anxious about the whole thing. I have noticed with some forces candidates are having to do an interview, is this something new that is been introduced to whittle down candidates in the short term? Anyone?
-
-
- 3 replies
- 549 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Apart from twitter and facebook what are the recommended ways to get notifications for open positions?
-
- 1 reply
- 414 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anyone know if MPS are accepting transferees for Uniformed officers ? Their website isn't clear.. I can't find any information on MPS shift patterns either which is up to date. Anyone from the met help me out- Do any boroughs still do 12 hrs 4 on 4 off. i'm considering re-locating my family to Dorset and joining the met, but could only do this if I could live in London whilst working but get plenty of time off back with family
-
Hi, I am currently a serving officer in england with 7 years under my belt. I am looking to transfer up to scotland, ideally tayside to rellocate with my family (my wife is from there) Has anyone had experience of this? That does not appear to be very much info out there on the subject. Cheers
-
- 3 replies
- 522 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys, I understand this is a very hot topic in the service at the moment but I haven't seen any topics regarding it. I am a 19 year old male who is just finishing A levels. I am now applying for university and have the choice of choosing to do a pre policing degree at a number of universities. I wanted to ask if this would truely be worth doing? I personally would much rather become a member of the special constables for a couple of years whilst also working to earn cash and more general experience and learn via a more practical route than go to university to do a degree. I have heard that with the current proposed changes that it will greatly increase a persons ch…
-
- 9 replies
- 912 views
- 4 followers
-