Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dacsurban
    Started by dacsurban,

    Hi Does anyone know if new Police Officer recruits still have a passing out parade, and if yes is it at the end of initial 10 week training or after the 2 year probation? I have seen a few details that the Met have one, but I can't find anything for Surrey. Thanks

  2. TheNewGuy1546620845
    Started by TheNewGuy1546620845,

    Hey everyone! I'm currently filling in my application to join my local force. I am filling in all the details required for the vetting side of things and have comes questions. I've tried to look around but can't find an answer that fits my question fully, so I hope someone could help clear things up. "Details of Spouse / Civil Partner" Would a girlfriend fall into this category? I've seen some people have and haven't put this down. I'm just wondering is this case by case? "Details of previous Spouse / Civil Partner" Again a girlfriend of many years (5) should this be noted if its a yes to the above? Thanks for anyone who helps

    dr_bogenbroom1546620816
  3. Riddex
    Started by Riddex * ,

    Hello everyone. This is my first post so be kind :) I am a 17 year old male living in the south of England. Currently, I am studding a two year IT BTEC course at college and will graduate in June 2013. However, after talking to my family and having second thoughts, I realised that this isn't the career path I want to go down. So, after graduation, I wish to enrol in a Fda Policing course at my local college. The course itself is a two year university degree and more information regarding the course can be found HERE. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advise as to whether or not this degree would be suitable for being recruited as a Police Officer. The course it…

  4. Jason2000
    Started by Jason2000,

    Hi, First of all, please accept my apologies for, more than likely, jumping the gun and not posting in the correct place, or for not reading properly. But I really need some assistance quite quickly......as in by Sunday.....??? Hopefully......I know it's late in asking for help, but I have been gleaning some information and training before stumbling across this site...... Anyhew....... I have my fitness tests on Tuesday (21st August) with my practical tests being done the following day at the NPIA centre. My requirements for passing are pretty much the same as anyone else. Although I need to hit 7.2 on the fitness test. My fitness side of things should be ok, but …

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. jimmyboy85
    Started by jimmyboy85,

    Hi guys, just a quick question regarding the police application form. i am having a bit of bother with the question " provide details of any other interests you have relevant to the force". i think i have already coverer my hobbies and interest in the previous questions and stuck on what to write for this. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks James

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. Flook

    Hi, I'm looking for some advice please from the more experienced Police Officers on the forum. I would appreciate it if any of you could give me the benefit of your personal experiences and thoughts as to what you think I should do. I'll start by giving you a bit of information about my background. I'm in my mid-twenties and have worked as an electrical engineer in a factory in the manufacturing industry for 8 years. I earn around 40k a year due to having to work weekends every weekend alternating nights and days, plus two days during the week. Otherwise I would earn around 30k working days Mon-Fri. I always had it in my mind I would apply for the police force after s…

    Patrick Greene
  7. jack1546620623
    Started by jack1546620623,

    Hello, When answering the competency questions, is it best to avoid being gender specific? For example instead of saying "I dealt with her problem by...", saying "I dealt with the customer's problem by..." This may seem a silly question, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere before and don't want to get marked down for it... Thanks

    SniperInTheTrees
  8. canadianloafer
    Started by canadianloafer,

    Just a word of warning for those thinking of leaving the UK police service and working overseas with the intention of returning... Here is my story.... I have been a police officer since 1987. I answered an ad for the Royal Cayman Islands Police in 2005 and was successful. I tried to get a career break from the Met but was unable to do so. I ended up resigning on 4/10/05 and starting with the Cayman islands Police (RCIP) on 5/10/05. My contract ends at the end of this year so I applied to come back to the Met rather than stay on in the Cayman Islands (personal reasons). I filled out the re-joiners pack, flew back to the UK, passed my medical, fitness etc. Then I was told…

  9. Victor95
    Started by Victor95,

    Currently i work for UKBA (Prev Customs and Excise)Customs Anti Smuggling Officer at a major UK port. Now i have seen that the future of Police recruitment to be the following: Serving Specials Serving PCSO's Completing the College Course I have previously applied to be a Special but was informed that doing so would give me too much power alongside my current powers within my job role. Leaving my current role to be a PCSO is a rather large backward step both professionaly and financially. College course not really practicable alongside full tiemshift work. So other than a staright external applicant, which is unlikely due to Policing budget, im pretty much screw…

  10. Dominic Long
    Started by Dominic Long,

    Hi guys, Only 48 hours till I am sitting down waiting to be called in for my interview. Getting excited now! This 10 minute presentation we have to give is slightly odd though. But I feel I now have enough on my flipchart to do a good 10 minutes. How have other people previously set theirs out? I am basically bullet pointing things then elaborating on them where possible. There isn't much more you can do really..

  11. blackout17
    Started by blackout17,

    Quick question regarding referees, what about if you want to use a friend who was also your 'previous employer'? As stated in the guidelines I cannot use that, HELP! What do I put on the form or do I just use someone else?

    • 1 reply
    • 375 views
  12. apollard86
    Started by apollard86,

    Anybody else have a PIRT 30th Aug at Ryton?

    • 0 replies
    • 567 views
  13. Andre912333
    Started by Andre912333,

    Hi guys Newbie here, a little about me, I'm 21 from Cambridge. Recently left the Royal marines and looking for a career in the police. I have applied previously numerous times over the years as a special constable, unfortunately never heard back from any applications. Bringing it forward to 2012, Cambridgeshire police were recruiting for the first time in ages. Luckily I passed the application and passed PIRT. But here is where the problem lies, I have my date for SEARCH at Ryton, 29th August. But unfortunately I have a holiday booked 27th-8th to the Caribbean with the girlfriend, which has been booked for months and was unfortunately very expensive! I rang t…

    • 2 replies
    • 835 views
  14. OddBod1545925606
    Started by OddBod1545925606,

    What is the arrangement with working for the met and travel expenses. Do they reimburse mileage? Do they still offer free rail travel (i believe this used to include London and a 50 mile radius around?)

  15. ExTVPCan
    Started by ExTVPCan,

    I'm curious to find out what is entailed in the transfer process. Are the interviews similar to initial recruitment or all competency based on your work experience etc. The in force training, is it all about the relevant paperwork and use of force trg, local procedures etc? What happens? If anyone can enlighten me, I will be very thankfull. Many thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.