Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mike Nash
    Started by Mike Nash,

    Hey all, For those in the recruitment process or thinking about it, follow @thepolicelife, which is me tweeting wbo ... (clicked post too early), about my starting with the police and all the experiences of the police college and my firsts etc! Cheers, Mike

  2. Guest Gripper
    Started by Guest Gripper,

    Spoke to one of the specials I helped train today, he was busy typing out his application for regulars. The window of opportunity is open.

    • 0 replies
    • 442 views
  3. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    The MET from today are recruiting again PCSOs. The Met are looking for 3000 applications. If you are interested then quickly apply. Who is going to apply? Also why are the MET recruiting PCSOs again? Did they not receive 3700 applications the last time they recruited? I can't believe they could not find 500 PCSO successful applicants. Now they want 3000 more applications. What is going on? Why are the MET not recruiting externally? For 2 PCSOs they could recruit 1 PC. The MET are looking for 3000 + applicant that could equate to 2000 + new PC applications. New Mayor who wants 1000 police officers. Well recruit externally for 1000 PCs not PCSOs. I believe that is commo…

  4. Diddums
    Started by Diddums,

    Hi all Has anyone ever heard or have any experience of these types of test? I am told they are likely to become a standard part of the Police recruitment process across the country with at least one force already using them. Despite this, there is very limited information out there on what they actually are...! I believe they are carried out after the assessment centre stage and are completed online with the aim of providing an insight into a candidates 'temperament and values' and their 'approach to taking risks'. They are not the logical reasoning and numerical reasoning tests. Any general clues as to what kind of things are asked on these things? Thanks in advance

  5. Diddums
    Started by Diddums,

    Hi all Has anyone ever heard or have any experience of these types of test? I am told they are likely to become a standard part of the Police recruitment process across the country with at least one force already using them. Despite this, there is very limited information out there on what they actually are...! I believe they are carried out after the assessment centre stage and are completed online with the aim of providing an insight into a candidates 'temperament and values' and their 'approach to taking risks'. They are not the logical reasoning and numerical reasoning tests. Any general clues as to what kind of things are asked on these tests? Thanks in advance

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  6. davey boy
    Started by davey boy,

    Hi all Has anyone on here made the jump from Lancashire Constab to GMP. How did they find the forces which did they prefer etc. Thanks David

    • 0 replies
    • 783 views
  7. apollard86
    Started by apollard86,

    Any one heard back from searchcentre for cambs yet

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Shanejupp
    Started by Shanejupp,

    I have a transferee interview with TVP coming up. Has anyone experienced this recently and can you give me any pointers?

  9. ExTVPCan
    Started by ExTVPCan,

    Hi all, My enquiry, I am interested in the transfer to Northamptonshire process and curious to know if anyone has done this recently and interested in what happens. I believe they are a very forward thinking force and would like to hear from any transferees and serving officers. Keep spirits up everyone, and weather the storm, it will all work out in the end. Keep safe and stay frosty my friends

  10. grissmonkey
    Started by grissmonkey,

    Hi all, I know there is lots of repetition on this site but I looking for/requesting any information about the spoken Welsh exam taken by all North Wales recruits. Im currently in the job in West Yorkshire but in the process of transferring to North Wales and have my interview and exam this comming Friday! Theres nothing on my paperwork that tells me anything other than you must attain level two. Im not a Welsh speaker and have tried my best to learn level one and two in the two weeks theyve given me considering I have only been in the process for three weeks! Anything would be appreciated!

  11. Newbie26
    Started by Newbie26,

    Hi, I am just wondering what peoples views are on the NPIA going forever in November? What do you think the new Police entrance exams/ assessment will be? as the college of Policing is taking over the Police exams. Also heard all NPIA buildings are being sold! No more westshire!! I bet that makes a few people smile!!! I have a family friend in Police training who has worked for the NPIA, he told me that the NPIA is dated and the change was coming, he also said the nickname for the NPIA is (NO POINT IN ASKING). haha He said a new Police recruitment model is being devlopment for 2013, any one else heard that? Also will this mean a new recruitment system from PC to S…

    • 2 replies
    • 526 views
  12. murphy2

    Hi, I applied for police constable with Grampian Police and I received an email yesterday to say I've been invited to the recruitment day on the 31st of August. I firstly have to sit the SET exams and if successful will do the fitness test straight after and if I'm again successful I will have my interview that afternoon. I've been practising the exams and my fitness levels are pretty good so my main worry is the interview so I was just wondering could anyone help me with this?? What kind of questions are asked and how long is the interview and do they mainly focus on the answers you would have given on your application form? Any tips that any one might have would be …

  13. Grace Pike
    Started by Grace Pike * ,

    I am very interested in joining the police force after I have been to university however I am stuck as to what to study at university. I need a subject/topic that will be relevant and useful for my application. Any advice would be helpful!

    dizzi1411546620681
  14. Johnbus
    Started by Johnbus,

    Hi guys, this is my very first post as I have been doing some online surfing while studying for my initial interview which is coming up this coming Tuesday. I have read on the pages here that the interview questions and answers are never published up here (and rightly so, its an investigative job, you should find out as much as possible yourself) My question isnt really for a cheat or a pass in the interview: the officers and stations that I have visited have been really helpful and have gave me catagories of questions to study up on and I have...my question is that most of these questions fall into the catagories of the questions already asked in the application form.…

  15. welshrarebit
    Started by welshrarebit,

    Hi Guys, just wanted some guidance. I think I've messed up.. I've called and emailed police force to ask my question but they've not got back to me yet with an answer. ISSUE - Competency questions the form gives .................... lines for you to write in your answer, on some of them I ran out of ........ so at the end I created an extra line to complete the section, this was done in each competency. I spent nearly a week on the application writing and rewriting the application until I couldn't shorten it down any further, so I sent it off as felt it was the best I could do and was happy with it. However, after re-reading the guidance notes this week, I noticed the f…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.