Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Azz
    Started by Azz,

    Having passed the paper sift, Ive been asked to attend an assesment day where im being given 3 tests: - Numerical Reasoning - Verbal Reasoning - Written Exercise Does anyone know where I can get some good practice tests for this? The reasoning tests seem fairly easy and I have a few practice tests, however the Written Exercise seems horrible and I cant find any practice papers!! Regards, Azz

  2. gymrat123
    Started by gymrat123,

    Sup guys, start my PLC Course in 9 weeks time, i have a full time job, but can give the time needed to study for it, paying for it myself, as it looks like the MET will make people pay for there own from later next year. Anyone still got any of their research or notes to hand, is the course similar to specials training in terms of legal knowledge etc?

  3. yliving
    Started by yliving,

    Hi I was just wondering if anybody could tell me how hard it is to go through the 10 week residential course at Tulliallan as a parent of young children. I understand that you get home at weekends but I am a little bit worried as I know that (if I am successful) I will need to do lots of studying at home as well as spend time with my children and catch up with housework. I was just looking to find out if anyone had been in this situation (or knew someone who had) and if so, if they could give me any advice or an idea of how achievable it is. I'm a mum to 3 young children (8, 6 and 5). I'm really determined to get through the recruitnent process and become a police off…

  4. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Morning, Do they still use the leisure centre sceniario for the role play section? Ta

  5. stevebags
    Started by stevebags,

    From last week our force implemented that new officers need a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent to apply for the role of Pc, has anyone else experienced this or is our force the only one at the moment. I was wondering if this was one of the recommendations from the Winsor report and will it go national? i can understand to a certain degree why this may come in but would like other peoples opinions on this idea.

    • 3 replies
    • 453 views
  6. BenLees
    Started by BenLees,

    Hi everyone, still new on the forums, but has anyone else applied for the BTP as a PCSO, (closing date was 26th Feb) as I'm more than eager to know when or if anyone hears back from them!

  7. peterwalker007
    Started by peterwalker007,

    I have my final panel interview with Lothian and borders in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone give me any tips or advice on questions aske and things to study. Thanks

  8. MairiAitken
    Started by MairiAitken,

    Hi all, I just had my medical today and of all the things that I thought could go wrong the one thing I least expected cropped up. Essentially the doctor has said I am More than fit and it would be unfair of her to say otherwise however she has concerns over physio I've had over the last few years. Basically I've had physio to help with sporting injuries such as shin splints and itb syndrome. This she said raises concerns over my skeletal an muscular fitness!!! In a qualified Personal trainer and fitness instructor, I run half marathons and triathlons!!! The terratory comes with sporting injuries every now and again. Ok yes I had a couple of bad ones over a couple of ye…

  9. kirkie
    Started by kirkie,

    Humberside Police are to start recruiting police officers again two years after the last new officers joined the force. The recruits will initially be serving police staff including specials, PCSOs and others who have already completed the officer recruitment process but were held back because of the recruitment freeze imposed in 2010. Currently the plan is take on 16 new officers over the next six months, however it is anticipated that towards the end of 2012 at the earliest, additional recruiting will commence with applications be sought from the public. Chief Constable Tim Hollis said: “I’m delighted the force is in a position to start recruiting officers once more.…

    • 0 replies
    • 305 views
  10. emma1
    Started by emma1 * ,

    Is it wise to apply for more than one force at a time. alot of scottish forces seem to be recruiting at the same time and because alot of other forces are not recruiting for the forseable future I'm worried that if I don't apply for all forces recruiting I might end up regretting it. In saying that each recruitment process takes time and effort and I would like to stop another person progressing in my place. Is there any rule in relation to this?

  11. mattpc90
    Started by mattpc90 * ,

    Can anyone help....are there any b&b's or hotels within walking distance of Essex police college that people could recommend? I know there is a travelodge but read reviews on it and its not good. Anyone help at all? Thanks.

  12. Mcleod88
    Started by Mcleod88,

    Anyone else have an application in for Grampian police at the minute ?

  13. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    I had an assessment today for call handler I passed all but one test the tests I passed I got full marks and 51 wpm on a test where the pass was 35. On the last test I got 6/9 the pass was 7/9 only two people got the 7/9 and I had surpassed them on all the other tests (they read our scores and marks out). How is this at all fair that I failed when I was so high on all the other tests. Frustrated as I was about to put the correct answer down after double checking my first instinct when they ended the test, I was so close to the pass. Is this so strictly practiced in other forces?

    • 1 reply
    • 366 views
    Its_A_Beautiful_Day
  14. MairiAitken
    Started by MairiAitken,

    Hi There, I just had my Assessment Day on saturday for the BTP as PCSO. Now fitness I passed, I think I did ok in the literacy, but I just cant help thinking I didn't hit the right notes in my interview. Maybe its just post assessment blues as I really want this job. Did anyone else feel like this after the interview? Does anyone know how much of your assessment is down to the interview? I was told I had one of the highest scores for my application so I really hope I havent blown my chances. We have been told we will hear by the end of the week so cross those fingers for me..... and any advice would be appreciated.

  15. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    hi all, Recently I submitted an application for call handler in my local constabulary. I got an e-mail today inviting me for assessment next tuesday. I am really nervous and have no idea what to expect. Has anyone here done this before or knows someone who has so can shed some light on what i might have to do, tests, role plays etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.