Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    After nearly 3 years since my initial application went in to be a regular, been told this morning that Dyfed-Powys will not be taking me on before my current assessment score runs out in april, to say i'm gutted about this is a major understatement:( BUT, as I have passed everything up to this point, they are saying they want to offer me the role of PCSO with a possible intake in mid november!!! My question is, if anyone here was in the same situation, would they accept?? I know this could be great experience for me. Friends are telling me go for it, as are family, as its a foot in the door, but just can't help feeling a little dissappointed by the end result. I think my …

    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Suzanne Malcolm
    Started by Suzanne Malcolm * ,

    Hi all, Just been going through the recruitment stages to become a regular and unfortunately I have failed the vetting due to undisclosed charges. The charges in question are both from the HM Forces not criminal and my question is what chances do I have appealing? The first charge was in 2003 during basic training and I genuinely forgot all about it - I was charged under " engaging in conduct or neglect prejudicial to good order and air force discipline" This came about on one of numerous inspections in the first 9 weeks of my 7 year career during basic training, I was asked by a NCO (non comissioned officer) carrying out the inspection if I had hoovered my bedspace t…

  3. Shogunronin
    Started by Shogunronin,

    I am 25 years old and looking to one day join Surrey Police. Its been a dream of mine since I was young but feel I might have completely messed it up. I have looked on the thread about police cautions but would like to pick the brains of some people on this forum. When I was 16 I received a reprimand for common assault (schoolboy fight) I then stayed out of trouble for 7 years and three years ago received two cautions for threatening behaviour (I never went to the police station on either of those just got fines). I know that I cannot apply if received caution under 5 years, but I wondered if in three years or so I would stand a chance? Right now i am trying to beco…

  4. Tommo141
    Started by Tommo141,

    Hi, I've heard of Home Office-approved police qualifications and was wanting to know if when applying for a job in the Police, if this was recognised and increased your chances of being accepted ? Thanks.

  5. tjosmith
    Started by tjosmith,

    CNC have just opened up recruitment for new police officers.

  6. autopilot
    Started by autopilot +,

    Hi there, I have a short beard, would it be best to shave it off for the AC day? Thanks.

    Jaydee1546620346
  7. Nine
    Started by Nine,

    The caution + 2 can be used when you have not arrested your suspect in this case you would use the 'when questioned' version, but what is the caution + 3? is that the 'now' version? Help pleaseeee

    toma1546620652 *
  8. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Your written English is assessed in the competency based part of the form across all 5 pages. If you make more than 10 errors you will be deselected (failed). At the moment about 35-40% of people are passing the application form, but then about 15% of them are then failing the written English standard. The commonest problem is internet applications where silly keyboard errors are evident. Assessors will give you some grace for errors that are clearly keyboard errors but will penalise you if the error isn't obviously a keyboard error (e.g. spelling the word WHICH as WHICXH). They will penalise frequent keyboard errors in the same way that they will penalise poor hand…

    • 10 replies
    • 14.9k views
  9. SC Adam
    Started by SC Adam,

    Hi all, I was wondering if anybody had any idea as to how likely you are to get the division you say you would like? I know we all say and agree to "being posted anywhere within the force boundaries"... still interested to know. For example, I am applying for Strathclyde and would very much like to work in city centre + west division (A). Am I likely to get A or something within reasonable commuting distance or is there really no knowing at all? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks, Gravy

    • 2 replies
    • 518 views
  10. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    Hi there, I got accepted into Strathclyde police and got given a conditional letter saying that if I pass the substance misuse or drug test I would be fine to start on the Wednesday 18th May intake. It got to Friday 13th May (i know) and I got a phone call from head of recruitment saying that the police GP has looked at my medical report and is going to have to write to my own GP as i had a previous case of a back problem around a year ago now which the end result was being diagnosed with a herniated disc. On no pain medication, feel no pain and i am very fit and active. I had already resigned from my job and so was and still am without work, my old employer unable to…

    • 4 replies
    • 893 views
  11. Mike Nash
    Started by Mike Nash,

    Hello everyone, First post, complete noobie! Potentially have my SET on the 12th December 2011, anyone else got this date? Has anyone done the SET recently in L&BP? I'm waiting back the hear from vetting, (due to a disclosure). Thanks in advance! Mike Nash

  12. Rookie1231546620761
    Started by Rookie1231546620761 * ,

    Hi everyone I have my first assesment event next friday for the the Fife Constabulary. One of the tasks to be carried out on this day is to deliver a 5 minute talk on a specific subject you have been given. My topic is "Sexism in the police service, is this an issue" I am then told to " Evidence my answer with suggestions where applicable. Research fully the Pros and Cons to this question." Now does this mean i give my own opinion on the potential issue and provide evidence to back myself up? I am a bit confused. Any help would be much apreciated. Thanks

  13. Chocolateer
    Started by Chocolateer * ,

    I've got an interview at Surey for a staff job & have been told there will be a 15 minute computer test before the interview. Has anyone done one of these before? I'm not sure what it will involve.

  14. max86
    Started by max86,

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am currently in the middle of the recruitment process with Bedfordshire police and due to the fact that I will not be part of an intake until sometime next year (assuming I successfully complete the rest of the process) I have decided to spend a few months working travelling around Australia. Anyway I was caught speeding here and I am slightly concerned that it may impact upon my application, should I email the recruitment team at Bedfordshire and tell them? Getting slightly worried about it.

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  15. Carver87
    Started by Carver87,

    Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so hello all! I have a slight concern with regards to my Medical Exam. Had that and my Fitness on the same day for Cambs Constabulary. The Hearing/Eyesight/Urine Test/ etc went fine but my pulse was a little elevated and my Blood Pressure was 138/80. The nurse said it was higher than average and something I should keep an eye on but nothing serious to worry about. I suspect it was a mix of anxiety and nerves jacked it up, I've been waiting over two years to get in and had to get cleared to have my NPIA pass extended. The nurse also said due to my age I should not have BP problems, I am an ideal weight, don't smoke, rarely drink, eat health…

    policebodyarmor

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.