Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SpecialConstableAlex1546620718
    Started by SpecialConstableAlex1546620718,

    Hi everyone ,I have my KEE 2 exam tomorow. I'd like to know what happens if you fail the KEE exams after a resit? Ive heard you are recoursed, does this mean you have to start all over again from day one and do all the previous exams and assesments you've already passed ?

  2. scalla14
    Started by scalla14,

    Hi guys, Hope you can help me with this one! I have been practicing hard for my SET's on 30th January with L&B. Improved in all elements except Information Handling where I am hit or miss. If I pass 2 of the tests and fail 1 can I still proceed to the fitness test with opportunity to reset the Information Handling or is that me out of the application process? I am a little confused???? Thanks Again!!! Sarah :)

  3. littlec
    Started by littlec,

    Hi there Im starting at Jackton next week and would like to give my shoes a head start. Im at a loss though as to where to begin with the parcel/ masking tape. Can anyone please tell me exactly where on the shoe it goes - Im assuming it is so that you get a straight line. Ive noticed the male version of these shoes comes with a toe cap, so therfore a built in line.

  4. newby11546620625
    Started by newby11546620625,

    Hiya people I'm looking for some advice. I passed my SETs and have an assesment day coming up in february with d&g constabulary. I've tried looking for some information so I know what to expect on the day but each Scottish force seems to do different things (where as the uk one is all the same nationwide) some people ive spoke to have said they did things like a critical thinking test or public speaking? The website for d&g says the assesment day consists of: "Group Discussions, Team Building, Short Interview, Observation and Listening exercises" Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what to expect in a bit more detail? Thanks again, Newby1

    newby11546620625
  5. turned-around
    Started by turned-around,

    My skin recently took an allergic reaction to some fabric and from this it has developed into dermatitis, is this a condition which would prevent me passing the medical? its only on my back and arms and slightly under my eyes, it easily managed with steroid cream every now and again. Thanks for any replies

  6. James.G
    Started by James.G,

    Hi All, Have been wanting to apply for the police for years and its possible that the chance may now arise. The only thing i am worried about is the fact that abou 7 years ago ( I was under 18) I became caught up in an investigation. Although I played no part what so ever in the incident, I was in the car (getting a lift) and so was arrested. I was let out without any type of caution or reprimand but am still worried that this will have a negative effect on my application. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks James

  7. Indyp
    Started by Indyp,

    Hi Met have recently put out an advert for COMMS Officers, does anyone know how long it takes for first steps, i.e. Interview/Assesment etc.

  8. dollar
    Started by dollar * ,

    After completing the aplication i have been invted to the assesment day one on the second of december less than two weeks away.I have been working hard on passing the the 3 initial exams but ove been neglecting the other aspects of it. I have to give a five minute presentation on "Why I want to become a police officer, what I have found out about the job and what I have to offer Tayside police in the way off skills and ability’s" i would b gratefull for some tips and advice

  9. rose
    Started by rose,

    My background: I applied for a local force in 2008 completed AC, transferred application to BTP in 2009, things went quiet after medical, invited to AC May 2011, passed, medical and vetting and offered role - not enough notice for present employer and was reassured could be on next intake - contact from hr then went quiet - after chasing for 5 mths and beginning to accept its not meant to be, one last call and find out I'm on the Feb intake! May need to do medical again but just waiting for the conditional offer now through the post- trying not to hold my breath! Is anyone else on the Feb intake?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi guys, I have a question about joining the Specials. Basically I am currently living in Gloucestershire but return to Leicester most weekends due to family commitments. I really want to join the Police and have seen the Gloucs are recruiting but the resourcing department says it will not be holding assessment days until at least 2013. I actually work 1 hour drive south of where I'm living too but am seriously considering applying to Leicestershire...it is actually the only force anywhere near me recruiting Specials. Does this sound feasbale to you? I know it will be a tough commitment during the training but following that it should not be an issue as I am home most w…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 321 views
  11. Mike Nash
    Started by Mike Nash,

    Probably posted a million times, but am struggling to see them. Anyone have a link to L&B core competencies? Thanks in advance.

  12. shade_of_blue
    Started by shade_of_blue,

    Ive been given confirmation of appointment as a police officer with Kent, starting in a few weeks. They have said a senior member of the HR team will be coming out to do a home visit before I start. I'm not really sure why! I've not heard of this procedure before. Anyone else been through it or know what it's about? I'm not sure what they'll find... My dad is in the force and I'm a 4.5 year PCSO already with Kent!!

  13. mackers8923
    Started by mackers8923 * ,

    Hi Folks I suffered from a brain hemorrhage caused by an AVM back in 2005 for which I was fully treated and have no side effects to at all ( I was very lucky) I appreciate most if not all of you can't answer this but do any of you know anyone who had been sucessful in joining a police force after having such an injury? I'm tied in location in that we have a single service (hint at where I'm at) so I'm pretty tied to here or no where! Just wondering, as this type of injury is now more common than ever in younger people and it would be a career I had thought about for a long time. RM

  14. LiamGTR
    Started by LiamGTR,

    Hi all, I'm currently a full-time Fitness Instructor at a local University, long story short i'm looking to cancel my application for a PTI in the RAF and join the Police Force. Where do I start? I have 2 uncles in the police force and after speaking to one he said nobody is recruiting at the moment and advised me to check for a police website on the direct.gov website. I found one and it had a bit of info, but nowhere on the site was there a place for me to file my interest? Also what is up with the fitness test!? Sorry if this offends anyone but It seems like an absolute joke, 5.5 bleep and 35Kg push/pull, or near enough. Also i'm only 20, are they going to recrui…

  15. Ramires7
    Started by Ramires7 * ,

    Hi, The force I'm applying to requires me to collect a CRC check for a eight-month period of time I lived in Canada. I've tried organising one but it seems to take up to 11 weeks, which means I wouldn't be able to have it come through before the current start date. I heard a rumour that it was possible to pay a fee to speed up the process, or that there was some sort of express service, but can't seem to find any information on this, does anyone know anything further on this issue? Cheers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.