Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello, i have recently joined this forum to ask a few questions about joining the police, and was wondering if someone could help me out with these enquiries! I am almost 17 and a half years old, will I have to wait till I'm 18 to be eligible to apply? Just out of curiosity, being a huge rock music fan I have medium length hair, will this pose a problem/will I have to cut it short? My numeracy skills lack, but I excel in english and will be fine in most areas, will my other skills make up for my numeracy? I want to be fighting crime to the best of my ability around the area I live in to make it a much safer place for my friends and family, will I be designated to a sp…
-
Hi all Im into week 7 of my initial police training obviously there is so much to learn, it feels like when we learn something new it pushes the other stuff out. We have 3 main tests 2 are knowledge checks and the final exam is the big one basically pass or fail. Does anyone have any tips on how to retain the information I do have a PDU coming up in 4 weeks so hopefully that will help me remember.
-
So when do we all reckon the Police will next recruit? Estimates people, i'm hearing 3,4 even 5 years?
-
Hello all, I have my Assessment Centre in a few days (27th Oct) I have been reading through the website and have found some useful tips. I have also bought a DVD to help with the interview just wonder if any one else has some advice they could give me? I’m not looking forward to the Assessment Centre as I don’t want to fail however I will give it my best. I think I may struggle with the group exercise. Is their any one else attending this date? Thanks Liam
-
Hi there, I've read on some posts that in financial vetting, they are interested in all earnings, income, outgoings, debts and etc. Is that right? As long as someone is not in debt and hasn't got gambling issues, why does it matter how much they are earning or spending? I am asking this because I'm awaiting my vetting but no one has asked me for my bank details, should I call them to provide this? or they will access it anyway :)
-
Hi, could anyone answer this question please: I am mildly anaemic which is controlled with medication also some activities cause pain in my knee and hamstring. In response to the question on medical form, my GP has mentioned that I might not be able to undergo strenuous exercise. Does this mean I will fail my medical?
-
Basically my parents have been nagging at me to go to Uni after A levels. My prefered route would be to get a job for a while and volunteer as specials till I can become a full officer, but my parents keep going on about this fastrack programme into the Met with a degree. After receiving an email from the met, it seems there is no more recruiting without being a special, but I've not heard about this degree fastrack, I'm guessing it's new. Unless their thinking of the HPDS, but I thought that's only if your in the force, and to be honest I don't want to be pressured with ranking up, I want to take it one step at a time. Can anyone give me some more insight into this new d…
-
So finally the wait is over, and it seems that the news wasn't quite as bad for the police as some had feared. Although the '4% over 4 years' seems a little confusing it seems to equate to a 16% overall reduction of budget when 20% had been feared. I still think we may have to wait until the policing review is completed next year before getting a better idea of how recruitment will be affected, but at least we dont seem to be hearing stories about redundancies for current police officers etc and the police union seem fairly happy, so could it be that we can expect limited recruitment within the next 2/3 years? Personally based on little more than gut feeling, I think th…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Forgive me if this has already been answered (I did a brief search that yielded no results). Question: Can you still be accepted if you are on or have ever been on anti-depressants? Thanks!
-
Hi all Ive just been on all police jobs website and it says under there vacancies they are recruiting for a police officer. As I havent paid to use this site I cant see what force is doing this recruitment. Does anybody know who is recruiting at the minute? the advert just says: Police Force Constable £29,650 pa Cheers Jonny
-
- 4 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Need some help as have found out been reminded about a incident I had with the police when I was very young for shoplifting got a telling off but dont think it was a caution neither does my parents it was just something I said in passing help can I submit info to rectify this for my vetting process?
-
- 1 reply
- 488 views
- 1 follower
-
-
This may have been covered in previous threads but I want to find out if anyone else is in the same position. As you can see from my signature I’ve been in the regulars recruitment process with North Yorkshire since February this year and before that I was in the process with West Yorkshire since Sept 2008, long storey short but I’d been waiting for an A/C date with West Yorkshire for over a year when North Yorkshire opened up a ‘1 week only recruitment campaign’. I decided to try and transfer my application to North Yorkshire at the stage I was at with West Yorkshire but because my scores from the competency based questions section of the application form were o…
-
hey guys, does anyone know if any police forces in the UK are going to recruit this year or into the new year?? any information would be great cheers
-
Hi folks how are you all doing. I am and have been for a long time wanting to join the force. i know they are not recruiting in Strathclyde just now but i am thinking on joining the special constable. I was at 33+ stone 2 years back. now through diet and exercise i am 18 Stone spot on as of yesterday. BMI32.2. I know i have to be between 18 and 30 to get it. so i am getting there. What worries me is the 1.5 mile run when you first apply to get it. I went to gym today as usual. set up the machine but did not realise it was on KM and not miles. I ran 1.5 KM in 8 1/2 mins. i was running at about 10.5 mk/h . This was my first time in gym for a long time. i did…
-
I know that we are only guessing at the moment, probably until June next year when the Police spending review is published, but what do we think the 'worst case scenarios' could be for police recruitment in England? I'm thinking worst case is that all police recruitment is frozen for 4/5 years, and in future will only come from the specials. My thinking though is that surely if this is the case then the recruitment process itself should also be amended, taking over 18 months to make a job offer is ridiculous. If someone is already in the specials then they would have passed an A/C, medical, vetting etc so if thats the case recruitment could be reduced to a 'day one' type…