Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Rich-Allen
    Started by Rich-Allen,

    Topic. Wish me luck!

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 933 views
  2. goddess110
    Started by goddess110,

    Hi All I had a written test for the Met police Law clerk position on 21st July 2010 and was told we would hear back in 2 weeks. Its been over a month now. Does this mean i have not been selected for the next round? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

  3. Vicarinauniform
    Started by Vicarinauniform,

    following my trials and tribulations with the fitness test i am very pleased to say that today i passed it. thats a weight off my mind i can tell you! so start date scheduled for sept this year. thanks to everyone for all the good advice. i got there in the end!

  4. Ross-1987
    Started by Ross-1987 * ,

    Hey! I am just after some advice, i live in Colchester, and have just graduated from university (Computer Scince: 2:1) and was just wondering if there was any jobs in the police force that would suit me, cisco, etc. also i hear there is a alt on recruiting at the moment is this true? and if so how long for? Any advice would be great Cheers!

    • 2 replies
    • 592 views
  5. jimcrock
    Started by jimcrock,

    Hello all. I have just joined this forum and would like some help please as what I have read up on seems to be a little grey. I have 3 questions which I hope you could clarify for me please. Also, because every force has different eligibility criteria, which one would be best suited to my circumstances? 1) I have a DR10 on my driving licence which I recieved in July 2007. I am not trying to condone this but it was a "morning after" offence as opposed to leaving a pub/club drunk and driving home. I am disgusted with myself for getting behind the wheel whilst unfit to drive and have never done this before or after the incident. The rules state that I would not be eligible…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.5k views
  6. Xena
    Started by Xena * ,

    Hi all, wonder if anyone has recently transferred to South Yorkshire, any advice? Have been previously in the met for 5 years but returning after a year break, having moved house!

    • 0 replies
    • 685 views
  7. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Does anyone think the NPIA might extend the A/C scores again, i know they extended it from 1 to 2 years recently because of how long people are having to wait for a start date due to budget cuts. I am not worrying that much as my A/C doesn't run out till September 2011, but it would put my mind at rest if they say extended it to three years. I am not realising that i am going to have to wait a big longer for a start date and thats fine i would wait as long as it takes to get a start date, i have joined the specials in the mean time to get some good experience and be part of the team at Northamptonshire police. I just think it would make sense for them to extend it again b…

    • 2 replies
    • 649 views
  8. goddess110
    Started by goddess110,

    Hi All I had a written test for the Met police Law clerk position on 21st July and was told we would hear back in 2 weeks. Its been over a month now. Does this mean i have not been selected for the next round? Any informaiton would be greatly appreciated!

    • 0 replies
    • 123 views
  9. moorey
    Started by moorey,

    Hi, Im new to this particular forum and was hoping that some of you over in the UK could help me. I am a copper In Western Australia and have been over here for a year and a half. I originally worked in the UK Police (sussex) and I am looking at coming back to the Uk due to personnal circumstances changing. I know a few of you will think Im mad as I know its a major topic and so many of you want to come here but as I said my circumstances have changed and it cant be helped. I am well aware that the whole of the UK Police have frozen their recruitment drives but was hoping there are some whispers of when they will start again, Particularly MET or Sussex Poli…

  10. Ben McM
    Started by Ben McM * ,

    Hello people at UKPoliceOnline, My friend and I are going to attempt to join an English police force in a few years time. I am sixteen now and am in the process of completing my GCSE's in school, my friend is also completing his NVQ's and a course in joinery for backup. We are wanting to move across the channel to join a police force because of all the sectarian shenanigans in Northern Ireland and quite frankly we want to get away from it all. Once I have completed my A-Level's and my friend has completed his qualifications we will be moving across to England to get this show on the road. We have been looking into policing for a couple of months now and we are findin…

    • 0 replies
    • 252 views
  11. police_expert
    Started by police_expert,

    Hello everyone, What forces may recruit after October when the Comprehensive Budget Review is published and all police forces recieve their budget? In my opinion the only forces which may recruit are the CNC and maybe the MDP depending on what percentage the MOD budget is cut. I think MDP may recruit if the MOD budget is cut 10% which is 3.2 billion cut from 36 billion(36 billion is the MOD budget). I am not sure if they will recruit if the MOD budget is cut by 20% which equals to 7 billion pound cut. The MDP budget is 295 million. I have read the MOD will cut 25% of administration to fill the black hole from the budget but front line work will not be effected. MOD pol…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Jaydee1546620346
  12. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    Passed everything on my medical apart from my hearing where they invited me back again to do it. Went back and again they said the hearing wasnt too good. Unilateral hearing or something when you can hear more out of one ear then the other. Advised me to go to my GP to get some drops hopefully it could be build up of wax. Got to go back in 3 weeks time for a final test. Preying to god I do okay, although its harder then it looks hearing those pulses in that booth.

    • 0 replies
    • 393 views
  13. zim-grad
    Started by zim-grad * ,

    I have recently completed my degree a university and now find that many forces have stopped recruiting, one of the main problems i have found is knowing when forces are having recruitment drives, is anybody able to shed any light on this or having similar problems? I know that some forces like Hampshire have recruitment events you must attend to be eligible or require you to be part of their Special Constables. I know face a choice- the 3 forces I am interested in joining are difficult options: Gloucestershire Constabulary had a recruitment drive in July (which I didn't find out about till a couple of weeks ago), Hampshire have had a freeze and Surrey still require a q…

    • 1 reply
    • 682 views
  14. TallyPear
    Started by TallyPear,

    Howdy Folks! As the recruitment freeze topic is at 7 pages and growing I thought I'd start another topic for those of us that have shown an interest in becoming a special while waiting for regular recruitment to flow again. As a few hundred people attended the update meeting that suggested we could transfer our applications over to the specials team I'd be shocked to find I was in this boat alone! So, has anyone else shown an interest? Had any feedback? Possibly even started yet? I've passed assessment and vetting checks in the regulars before the system went on hold. So far with the specials I have had work references completed. Expecting an invite to interview some …

  15. teenytollan
    Started by teenytollan,

    Hi Everyone Just wanted to see if anyone else is going for there assessment days at Tulliallan on the 5th and 6th of August. Finally put my application in at 00.35 this morning, got a confirmation they had received about 8am and then got an email about 10am to ask me to go to the assessment dates. That was really quick but it does given me 10 weeks now to get my fitness up to scratch and improve on what I am doing just now. Hope to hear from anyone soon Christine

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.