Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. cufc1970
    Started by cufc1970,

    Hi,i have recently sent my initial application form off,does anyone know how long it will take to hear a reply?

  2. sleemark2938
    Started by sleemark2938,

    Hi all, thought I would start a new thread so that we can all be made aware of any forces that may be recruiting during 2010/2011... I have recently (like so many others) had my start date with Nottinghamshire frozen due to budget cuts etc and have since decided that for my dream job I am more than willing to travel, therefore, willing to apply anywhere within reason. I have heard that both BTP and Thames Valley may be recruiting towards the end of this year? Has anyone heard anything in addition to this or in relation to any other forces? Any news would be much appreciated! Regards, Mark

    police_expert
  3. footyfan1546620613
    Started by footyfan1546620613,

    Hey all, Have jsut found out that I have failed my final panel interview for Tayside. Totally gutted, but still so determined that this is the job for me, and I know wher I have went wrong in the interview. Can anybody tell me what I have to do now. Its Tayside that I really want to get in to. I have heard that I can apply after 6 months again? I passed the assessment centre and vetting and fitness so will I have to do sall of this again or if I apply do you get straight throught to final panel? I am desperate foa any help. How do I apply as omeone who has got this far?

  4. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    "Along with maintaining the ethos of volunteering, Thames Valley Police recognises the organizational benefits and opportunities of getting to know people and offering training before they join as police officers. With this in mind, Thames Valley Police will guarantee serving Special Constables a Police Officer application when the recruitment window is opened. In addition to the usual eligibility criteria for applying to become a police officer, the following conditions would need to be met: You must be a serving Special Constable within Thames Valley Police. You must have completed all Special Constabulary training. You are volunteering the minimum number of hours a…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. tim328
    Started by tim328 * ,

    Those who haven't read my previous posts on here, i've been waiting for a start date since January 12th 2009 for a job as a PCSO. After a few months of hearing nothing i've just phoned recruitment in Lewes. From what i can gather, there was a very small recruitment of PCSO's this month. The man on the other end of the phone said the decission is being made over the next few weeks with reguards to what is happening with all the PC's and PCSO's who are on the waiting list for a start date. From what the guy could tell me its looking likely that the planned intake for October will be cancelled as there isn't the funding. When I asked if it's looking like the the same thing w…

  6. ThE_SeeKeR
    Started by ThE_SeeKeR,

    Hey guys. I applied for gwent police and so far: assessment center: passed medical: passed fitness: passed drugs test: (in a few days but i know i will pass) What happens after this? I submitted my security form ages ago i know for certain 1 of 2 references have been contacted and replied. Any ideas on how long this process will take to get a start date etc? and what else there is to do.

    • 3 replies
    • 667 views
  7. Kirsty1985
    Started by Kirsty1985 * ,

    Hi Everyone! I have my pre employment day with Hampshire constabulary as a PCSO on Saturday 14th of August and start date on Monday 4th of October. Just wanted to see who else had the same dates! Kirsty

    • 1 reply
    • 686 views
  8. ThE_SeeKeR
    Started by ThE_SeeKeR,

    Hey guys, got my fitness tomorrow. for those who have done it do u think i will pass on the following info that i can do: Running: 20 minute run at 7mph (will it pass a 5.4 bleep test) bench press 40kg + 5kg bar around 15 times pull 50-60kg 15 times on a normal pulling machine Just looking for reassurance basically that thats enough to pass vas im nervous as hell

    • 4 replies
    • 377 views
  9. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    hey all, just had the same idea as the GMP guys, an thought everyone appling to west yorks could post how far along they are so we can all get a picture of how things are proceeding, i myself now have my application under review.

    tubbymonster1545925594
  10. Frustrated!
    Started by Frustrated!,

    Is anyone else stuck in the recruitment process for WYP? I submitted my application in April of last year and, nearly a year on and after passing the AC and fitness tests, I am now being told that it could be a significant number of months before any dates for the medicals are released. I understand that the process is a long and thorough endevour but having waited a year already, to now be told that the chances of a start date this side of the new year is very very frustrating! Is anyone else out there stuck in the same situation with WYP? Or has anyone recently started with the force, as I would be interested to know how long the whole process took? …

  11. WSOp in Sept
    Started by WSOp in Sept,

    Hey everyone, Not so much a spanner but more like the entire tool box! Ive been through the whole of lincs police recruitment process that started in Jan 2010. After successfully passing all the various stages I have had my references & security checks okayed, and was eagerly awaiting a start date which I was told would be OCT 2010 or FEB 2011. However, the other day when I rang recruitment to see if they could give me an update and find out when I would recieve my start date I was informed that all the 'big wigs' were having a meeting at the end of July to discuss if the recruitment process was going to carry on due to all the cuts and financial problems at the mi…

  12. JamieF0
    Started by JamieF0 * ,

    Hi everyone, I've been working in IT (Software Engineer) since 2004 when I graduated from University. I've worked for both small and large companies, but recently have been finding myself increasingly disillusioned with life in my chosen industry. The work is becoming tedious, the recession has meant pay freezes for 3+ years, and there is a constant threat of redundancy or the work being offshored. I began considering a career in the Police a few years ago, but put it on the back burner until this year when thoughts started to resurface. Has anyone made the jump into policing? How do you find it? I'm aware that life would change dramatically - currently I work ~8.15am -…

    • 4 replies
    • 681 views
  13. mikey92831546620435
    Started by mikey92831546620435,

    Good Afternoon All, I think, like everyone else who is in the recruitment process for WMP I recently got inivtied to a recruitment update meeting and I know we will now get quarterly update on recruitment, but I was wondering if anyone has a got a further update. Thanks, Mike Also how frustrating is this situation! I've spent the past 2.5 yrs waiting to get in and have seriously put all my eggs in one basket.

    • 2 replies
    • 562 views
    mikey92831546620435
  14. chi
    Started by chi * ,

    Can I transfer my results to another force who will accept 58% or should I wait and re apply. dissapointed with myself fell down on the written reports. did well in other areas though

    • 2 replies
    • 593 views
    stevedunford *
  15. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Just recieved my results for Dyfed-Powys assessment centre and passed with 57%, the only problem being they only have 48 vacancies this year and with me being in 56th position have been put on a reserve list for 12 months. I'm really torn about whether to stay with them and hope some higher placed people transfer or drop out, or try to transfer my score to another force. Do many other forces offer an over 50% or 55% pass rate? Is it Difficult to transfer scores? Is there any hope for me????? I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth here and I'm determined not to let go of this :sad:

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.