Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. barber
    Started by barber,

    Received a letter today basically saying because of the goverment cuts I am back into limbo again, was told 6 weeks ago that it was likely I would start in September or November..... NOW.......told that they will review it again in the October budget but likely they will know more at end of the financial year which I believe to be April 2011, which means it is going to be at least another year now!! I am absolutely livid, also states that they are extending the assesment day exclusion date to another year so two years in total. which means in april I will be done for and will have to re-apply!!! In April It will have been 3 f*cking years, I have had enough, this is a joke…

  2. g_gallacher_1
    Started by g_gallacher_1,

    Hi, I have rcently applied for a Scottish force and have been in the process for a while only to find there is know a recruitment freeze, this is due to cuts to the Police budget. When will all the Police forces find out about how bad the budget cuts will affect them, i am led to belive all forces will know in October is this true? G

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. jdholt1976
    Started by jdholt1976,

    Hi everyone. A bit of help please. I recently failed paper sift for North Yorkshire Police. Is it possible to appeal against this or not?. Cheers. Jon.

    • 3 replies
    • 793 views
    Iceman_gooner
  4. Juan Pablo
    Started by Juan Pablo * ,

    Hello there, Im due to sit my assessment centre at the Scottish police college next month. However, due to the assesment centre is still quite new, information on what exactly happens is pretty scarce. I was hoping if there is anyone on here that could give me any detials and hints that would further prepare me. Cheers...

  5. sword1546620377
    Started by sword1546620377,

    I wanted to open up a topic for anyone like me who is waiting for a start date or is going thorugh the application process. Basically it would be good to get to know people, share information and get an idea how many of us there are. All comments welcome :ph34r:

    • 13 replies
    • 2.8k views
    Ello_ello_ello
  6. 777
    Started by 777,

    Hi, My names Tom and I will be starting with Northants Police on Monday, and I just have a few things that have been slightly worrying me and making me think alot. I have been in a dead end job for a few years now, so this is a huge step up interms of what I will be doing and learning etc. It has been worrying me for a few nights that I may not be upto it or be able to cope with it. Its stressing me out! I was just wondering how hard and intense the training is? I was a relatively smart lad at school that was quiet and kept my head down and did well and kept out of trouble. I am a bit shy and lack confidence which I also think may hold me back, BUT I have said to myse…

    • 11 replies
    • 2k views
  7. danb11
    Started by danb11,

    Dear all, Of those who have or arein the process of applying to Devon & Cornwall, how long does the process take? I've passed the paper sift and A/C and haven't heard anything for a while and getting anxious! Any adive would be greatly received! Thanks Dan

  8. Lakey21
    Started by Lakey21,

    Hey, I have my SET for CSP on the 29th of July. I have just recently moved house and my driving licence is in my old address will this be a problem on my test day? any help would be great. Tanks Al

    • 0 replies
    • 287 views
  9. missd83
    Started by missd83,

    hi have just found out today that both my eardrums have small perforations in them anyone know what the deal is here? my hearing is ok and i have no pain. is this an instant deferral with the police?

    • 4 replies
    • 242 views
  10. CapelloWeTrust
    Started by CapelloWeTrust,

    Hey guys, Wondered if anyone had any suggestions on my dilemma. I applied for a force way back in 2008 and passed the application form, then heard nothing for over a year so when my local force came to recruit i submitted an application with them presuming my other one had just become inactive or not progressed. Not long after submitting this one the first force came back and invited me on the Assessment Centre i went along and passed however this force has now frozen recruitment "for the foreseeable future" much to my disappointment. I have now just found out i have passed my application with the local force and will be invited to an assessment centre in the future…

    CapelloWeTrust
  11. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    Hi guys, Stupid question, but what clothes do they expect you to wear to a uniform fitting? Is it smart or just casual? Cheers in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. windleytroll
    Started by windleytroll,

    Hi I have had my assessment, checks, fitness test etc. only my medial to go. Unfortunately I got the news last week that my application had been put back again until possibly 2011 which of course I am fed up about as the last time I was contacted I was told it would be 2009-10 but I understand with the economic climate and I'm guessing there's alot in the same boat at me but I am in my 40's so abit of an oldey!!!. Now this is what I want advice/info on the force I have applied to (Derbyshire) have suggested that whilst I am waiting I become a Special as it would be good experience what does anyone think half of me thinks yes and the other I'm not sure as I d…

  13. James87
    Started by James87,

    Hi, i am one of the 2000 met recruits who have been placed on hold and not binned due to my willingness to join the specials, however i keep hearing that there are still pcs going through training... is there any truth in this?? and if it is where are they coming from? and will they have a slow and steady stream of new pcs going through to cover any that have left?? im aware they said they dont have any cash for new pcs but they must atleast put a few through to cover any that leave any info would be great

  14. Jaydee1546620346
    Started by Jaydee1546620346,

    Had some very very concerning news today from my mum. I currently live with my mum awaiting progress with my Merseyside Police application to be a PC. I plan on moving in with my partner if I get through. My mum attended court today for council tax arrears and got a 45 day suspended sentence and ordered to pay £300 a month to pay off the arrears. Now I was not specifically mentioned nor am I being held liable for the debt however it is going to show up in an address check. I have sent an email to recruitment informing them of everything. Does anybody have any idea how this will affect my application? It would be tragic if my application was binned down to this

    • 2 replies
    • 473 views
  15. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Recently got the news that my application is moving forward again after being on a reserve list for the last 4 months, just waiting for the fitness date now. There's one thing that really got me worried now and that is my finances, bought my first house last year and as a result of this racked up a couple of grand on my credit card,and I also have an overdraft of similar amount. I also have a car loan that has another year to go before its paid. I pay off the card by direct debit every month and chip away at my overdraft when I can., I'm scared to death that my situation will stop my application at the vetting stage. I've never missed a payment or been in arrears or had…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.