Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ThE_SeeKeR
    Started by ThE_SeeKeR,

    Hey guys, i got my fitness approaching and am looking for advice. The test as far as im aware is: Pull 35kg Pull 34kg lvl 5.4 @ 15m bleep test 40kg Grip Test The bleep test im not worried about. Grip test is 50/50, just practicing squeezing a tennis ball hard and long as i can. However im not that built so on push/pull. I can bench 32kg atm and pull around 30kg. I got 4 weeks left until my fitness test and am just looking for advice on how to beable to bench and pull 40-45kg before then so im confident that i can pass. Thanks in advance

    hellohellohello *
  2. Liiam
    Started by Liiam,

    Hi there, Had my SET tests yesterday for Northern in Inverness. Just got to wait for the Critical thinking results to come back hopefully end of next week or start of the following. Wasn't to sure on that test to be honest what did any one else think? Liam

    • 4 replies
    • 232 views
  3. hanja359
    Started by hanja359,

    Hi all, I am attending the assesment centre on the 1st and 2nd July 2010, anyone else going on these dates? I have been reading through the other forum topics just to get an idea of what to expect, but if anyone else feels they have any other info to contribute, the more the merrier!! Thanks,

    Scotia1546081133
  4. Mike.C.
    Started by Mike.C.,

    Hello, I passed all three of the SETs on monday but have since been told that I was unsuccessful in passing the rest of the two day assessment. My question is, when I reapply will I need to sit the tests again or do the passes stay with me forever? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 275 views
  5. barber
    Started by barber,

    Hi everyone, just wandered if anyone has been informed about starting in september yet???? Would be interested in hearing from anyone who is going to be travelling from norfolk to Essex in the coming intakes.

  6. Ceol
    Started by Ceol * ,

    Hi everyone I'm currently in the military and will be applying for civilian police very soon, i was wondering what the initial training is like, IE what PT is like, what a day can usually involve and what kit i am required to bring with me if successful in my application, any information would be much appreciated. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 911 views
    sean dempsey
  7. Vicarinauniform
    Started by Vicarinauniform,

    hi all newbie here who would really appreciate some advice. i have passed everything and been given a potential start date to start training as a police constable for South Yorkshire. The only thing ive not done yet is the fitness test. ive been training for a couple of months and the test is not likely to be until just before my start date of July 2010. the bleep test i can pass. the pull part i can pass but im seriously worried about the push test. at the gym i am training on a chest press. i can only push 28kg, not the required 34kg. ive tried to go up to 35kg and i find it impossible. i am a women of 38, with reasonable fitness levels. How can i get to 34kg withou…

    • 71 replies
    • 4.6k views
    Vicarinauniform
  8. Micah
    Started by Micah,

    Has anyone had an application for Police Constable refused/rejected with the Met Pol due to a tattoo?? I have a tattoo on my neck (initials) and Met Pol recruitment computers said "no"

  9. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    In2Police offers exclusive training to improve the skills of applicants so they can pass the rigorous Police Assessment process. Our comprehensive package is the only private training available which covers the whole range of recruitment requirements. Detailed knowledge of the recruitment system Current information about how forms are marked and graded Face-to-face specialist training Courses cover all aspects of the Police Assessment process 30% of successful candidates are taught by our team 70-80% of recruits fail to complete the Application Form successfully. If this happens, candidates may not be allowed to re-apply for a full year. In2Police can help …

    • 13 replies
    • 9.4k views
    Dominic Long
  10. officerzz
    Started by officerzz,

    Hey people. i recently passed my police set's and fitness test. yayyy!! just wondering, if everything goes well for me and i become an officer will the seargent or the guy in charge give me like 10 minuites off just to perform my religious duties?? :smiley_notworthy: Im kind of stressing about this situation but i hope i can get 10 mins off just to perform my prayer. Im a muslim dude if any one is wondering... thanks!!

    Kopite1546619987
  11. Dominic Long
    Started by Dominic Long,

    As the title suggests, recently had an application accepted but now have to wait til October for an assessment centre date (due to government funding cuts). I got a feedback form from Suffolk and got an overall A grade for the application, but I got a D on effective communication. This is my weakest area as I tend to ramble a bit and sometimes hesitate when trying to explain something. Are there any techniques I can use to correct this? As all my application answers are very strong, but when it comes to the A/C I want to be able to talk in a concise manor during the interview part of the day. Any help guys?

    Dominic Long
  12. achowe
    Started by achowe,

    I have an interview coming up with North Yorks to transfer from West Yorks...any ideas what to expect? Cheers!

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  13. andy_schumb
    Started by andy_schumb * ,

    Hi all, My name is Andy Taylor, In Jan this year (10)I recently applied for the post of PC within Lincs Police. I was successful and I passed the papersift. Next stage is the assessment centre in Coventry. 4 months down the line I still havent heard anything about attending the assessment centre. I have rang and they assure me I havent been forgotten about. Rather then hassling the recruiters all the time I thought I would pop a post on here and see if anybody else can shed light on how long I could be waiting. Thanks for your time. Andy

    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Just heard on another thread that someone heard from GMP recruitment that they may be opening up in September! Has anyone else heard anything about this happening?

    Mr So Special
  15. wtb
    Started by wtb,

    Hi, I passed the Tulliallan 2 day assessment a couple of weeks ago and I'm just about to post back my medical forms. Does anyone know how quick it is until the interview date? (L&B in this case) And from then, is it normally a few weeks until the medical? Essentially what I'm asking is when would be the likely start time at Tulli, IF everything was to go to plan with no hiccups, based on other applicants' timescales recently? I know it could be a "how long is a piece of string" question, as there must be different intakes at Tulli, with different numbers and ratios of each force in them.

    • 16 replies
    • 870 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.