Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. CarlosJose
    Started by CarlosJose,

    Hi, Are there any BTP officers on here? Previously served with the Met and after a career break have rejoined GMP,i'm unhappy to say the least,things weren't this bad during my probation,have been told BTP and lots of GMP officers (amongst others) are joining them,are their any BTP officers who can tell me what BTP's like,if your ex GMP too that would be brilliant. Cheers

    Garmin1546620156
  2. K8tus
    Started by K8tus,

    Hi there, I had an Assessment Centre on the 7th of September 2009 (which was the first one that I had ever done and the only one that I have done so far) which I sadly failed. I could re-apply now, but I have a few personal issues that I need to deal with/overcome first before doing so, but from the results that I got (from the AC I did in 2009) which I shall list below, do people think I have the ability to do well at the Assessment Centre (judging from my previous results) when I do re-apply and if I am successful with the application process again? Overall = 39% Respect for Race and Diversity = 57% Oral Communication = 80% Written Communication = 89% D grade in …

  3. michael58MC
    Started by michael58MC,

    To whom might have an input, 5 year Decorated U.S. Marine Military Policeman with honorably discharge and active Secret security clearence always dreamed of being a Law Enforcement officer. This person also made a major mistake during career and was charged with DUI by the marine corps right after turning 21. He learned his lesson and wants to prove the justice system works. This is the only blemish on his military career. He joined right out of high school. Now hes jus getting out of the Marines and going to college to get a criminal justice degree.......Question what are his chances of being accepted at a Police department and moving up the ranks after he finishes his …

  4. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    Just wondering if any force is actually recruiting?

  5. pawn_sacrifice
    Started by pawn_sacrifice * ,

    I've gone through the whole recruitment process abd have been offered a start date in 2 weeks but I am seriously beginning to wish I hadn't carried on to this point My head says it's a sensible move but the whole 38 weeks training fills me with dread and to be honest my heart really isn't in it anymore. I am giving up a full time job but I know if I pull out now my whole family will just go mad but that's the problem,I thin I've gone through the whole recruitment process becuase everyone else thought it was a good idea but actually I don't want to do it Please can someone convince me this is worth carrying on with

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 4.6k views
  6. missd83
    Started by missd83,

    if so, please could you tell me exactly what happens/is involved? got mine coming up shortly thanks!

    • 7 replies
    • 425 views
  7. Wintermute1546620094
    Started by Wintermute1546620094,

    Hello everyone, I'm a 19 year old guy. It has been my aspiration to join the Police Force since before I can remember. I had my work experience with Merseyside Police (1 week) and the Liverpool Magistrates Court Mental Health Liaison service (1 week) at age 15, and I was also a Police Cadet age 16 - 18. I finished my A-Levels last September though I chose not to go to University due to the fact that I've an aversion to an academic style of learning as I have a more practical intelligence, I'd rather have a job gaining relevant experience then move into the Police rather than jump through generic hoops at University. I also volunteer for 2 Scout Groups. When I left sixth…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 918 views
    Wintermute1546620094
  8. djtebbs
    Started by djtebbs,

    Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the waiting list. I have passed my assessment centre and fitness checks, been measured for the uniform etc however this all happened in March 2009. I was contacted by HR this week to be told that my force Devon and Cornwall will not be recruiting again until the end of 2011 and that the list only lasts for two years. Therefore I am effectively off! As you can imagine I am gutted about this especially as I will be 40 next year. Does this seem correct or should I challenge it through the unions. Yours severely p***!d off.

  9. marcdarep
    Started by marcdarep,

    Hi Guys, Police Support Officer Really need some help I applied for a job with surrey police but failed the written assesment, I was just wondering they wont provide me with any feedback and Its so annoying failing the assesment...... I just wanted to know if there was anything specific they are looking for also has anyone failed the same assesment and thirdly do you need to use a short answer using the S.T.A.R method help would be much appreciated

  10. Rich-Allen

    Topic. Got my interview for SYP Specials on Thursday the 19th of August at 10 AM at Snig Hill HQ, where they will ask for examples based on the four competencies, customer focus, problem solving, respect for diversity and something else. Does anyone know the kind of thing they're after here? Don't tell me what to put obviously, I'm just after some kind of idea of the kind of thing that would be a good answer to the questions. I have a few ideas myself, but I'm just doing some research as I really want the job and have come this far, passing paper sift and assessment centre, so I don't want to fall at the third hurdle. If anyone can help, feel free to post here. Mods, …

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 369 views
  11. Caspa83
    Started by Caspa83,

    Hi, Is there anyone else on here waiting for a Start Date for SYP? I am all ready to start - just got to do fitness test - then I'm ready to go, but not heard anything. I'm now worried they will be freezing recruitment. Can anyone help?

  12. Guest Martha
    Started by Guest Martha,

    Hi Folks, Is there anyone who is having the exams on 29 -30th July? If so, how you feeling?:)

    • 1 reply
    • 674 views
  13. LCull73
    Started by LCull73 * ,

    Can anyone offer me advice??? I am currently in the Special Investigation Branch with the Royal Military Police and I am looking for a career change. I have decided that I want to settle in Scotland and I am looking at applying to either Central Scotland Police or Strathclyde. I have been in touch with both and I am aware that they are not currently recruiting however is there a site that can give you notice as to when they are going to be starting to recruit again?

  14. cotty
    Started by cotty,

    Hi I've just applied for a transfer to Gwent Police. I have 5 yrs service with Fife Constabulary. Was looking for advice/guidance from any one who has made a similar switch (Scotland-Wales) Would also appreciate it if any one could give me a wee heads up in regards to Gwent's shift patterns, uniform, overtime, secondment opportunities, morale or anything else that may give me a better insight into the force. Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Bennyboy1546620669
    Started by Bennyboy1546620669 * ,

    Hi, I have just finished my first year at unibersity and am looking to join the police after my degree has finished. I understand at the moment their is a recruiting freeze and some people think it may be 18 months - 2 years before recruiting starts again. This will bring it up to early 2012. I finish my degree in may 2012, if recruiting happens in january will I be able to still finish off my degree whilst going through the recruiting process and then start once I have finished my degree? Ben

    • 2 replies
    • 572 views
    Jaydee1546620346

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.