Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. The Large Portion
    Started by The Large Portion,

    Just a quick question that's come up in the Merseyside thread. How long is a medical test valid for? A lot of us passed it in May, but obviously aren't looking at an intake until at least October! Thanks Paul

    • 0 replies
    • 203 views
    The Large Portion
  2. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Has anyone seriously considered joining the Canadian or Australian Police force? I just had a quick look around the net, and it seems certianly in Canada, that there are nowhere near the budget problems there that we are experiencing. I checked both Toronto and Vancouver police forces and both are recruiting. I know there is the issue of becoming a citizen or permenant resident of that country, but that dosnt seem impossible (and probably quicker thank waiting for recruitment here). I was just wondering whether anyone has given it any thought at all, just because we are probably looking at 3/4 years in this country at least until the budget issues are sorted out and forc…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. j0anne1204
    Started by j0anne1204,

    Hi I was told yesterday i'd passed the assessment day and interview for a job as a call handler, and that i will receive a conditional offer pending references and the completion of a medical form. I worked for my previous employer for 5 years and have no worries regarding the content of the reference, but i resigned on the 2nd September to go travelling for a few months, and It was agreed by my employer that i didn't have to work my month's notice so i could get an earlier flight - the day after i resigned i got my letter from the police to say i'd got an interview, so obviously put my travel plans on hold. Do you think it will be questioned why i left, didn't work m…

    • 0 replies
    • 420 views
  4. mdeer
    Started by mdeer,

    I have my medical coming up soon an I'm just curious having never actually had a medical, what the process entails?

    • 5 replies
    • 754 views
  5. grampian09
    Started by grampian09,

    Hi there guys. I have recently gor through the A/C at Tulliallan and now undergoing the vetting check procedure. I am jsut wandering how long the vetting process takes in general, as the longer I wait the more nervous I become. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 356 views
  6. Smith2808
    Started by Smith2808 * ,

    Hi there, Could anyone tell me what is actually involved in a Thames Valley Medical test? I've got to take one soon in regards to a police staff role, and have seen a couple of contradictory posts about there being a drugs test. Is the urine sample for drugs testing or for just checking that you're healthy? I ask because I'm not comfortable with the idea of providing a sample in an uncontrolled environment where it could be contaminated, or not actually being required to sign an official consent form (as has been suggested is the case by one post). Also, do you know whether you have passed on the day?

    • 1 reply
    • 372 views
  7. Ashley Sayers
    Started by Ashley Sayers * ,

    Hi there, I was just wondering if there is somewhere i can download a application form just so i can have a little browse to see what kind of questions are involved? I have looked on WMP website and they don't have anything? Thanks Ash

    • 0 replies
    • 354 views
    Ashley Sayers *
  8. Ashley Sayers
    Started by Ashley Sayers * ,

    Hi there, Your probably going to think im a proper idiot for posting this but im a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff , but i was just wondering why the police aren't actually recruiting? Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 895 views
  9. 786
    Started by 786,

    Hi Anyone else been invited to this, got the e-mail about a week ago, slightly nervous. Afy

    • 3 replies
    • 311 views
  10. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Hi folks - As you can see I've applied for PC before and currently heading (Frozen) for Cheshire PCSO, I do know that you can't be a Special & a PCSO at the same time (Certainly in GMP you can't). A couple of things I'd like to know are - I know that with GMP the assessment score can be lower for Specials. (The GMP pass mark is 54%, I got 51% and they did offer me a specials post). But what about the rest of the process? I do want to be able to move on from the specials to Regs at some point, but I know I have a slight amount of hearing loss from the army (High pitched & only in one ear, army said it wasn't a problem, but they would say that)! Is the medical t…

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  11. roxxy
    Started by roxxy * ,

    Hi everyone, I'm new here, I'm 17 and I'm currently studying photography at college, I do enjoy it but I keep debating "have I chosen the right career path" as sometimes I think of it as just a hobby. My friend is studying 'public services' this year and explained she wanted to become a part of the police force, so I looked up about it out of interest and it suprised me that I found it quite interesting. So I did a bit more research about becoming a police officer, looked up about joining and what the job has to offer, etc. and now I feel like 'thats what I want to do'. I've looked up many careers but non of them seem to interest me but this one has caught my eye. If a…

    • 1 reply
    • 422 views
  12. Lee Parrotte
    Started by Lee Parrotte * ,

    hi there, just joined the forum, great site loads of info help and advice, can anyone clarify what the hearing requirements are, I have slight loss of hearing in both ears, I have been given hearing aids and have been told I can wear them as and when required, have not worn my hearing aids for about 6 months, can you join the police and wear hearing aids!! Lee

    • 1 reply
    • 215 views
    sykes1545925530
  13. spice007
    Started by spice007,

    Hey, Im due to start in Feb and wondered what boots people would recommend?

  14. BTP_David
    Started by BTP_David,

    Of any websites that sell small laminated tip cards that you can slot into your PNB with information on it such as ADVOKATE for witnesses, Description tips like listed 1-10, IC1-7 codes, Phonetic Alphabet, Report for process steps, First aid info anything and everything really just me and a few guys currently in training think these would be a helpful thing to have in a PNB if need be in the coming few years and rather than shabbily right them on some paper they must exist somewhere on a Police shop!

    • 9 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi all If I was to work for a police force within a support staff role, which also included weekends. Would the force be helpful in allowing time off at weekends in order for me to attend specials training? Just to be clear I'm not a special or member of staff within a force, just aspiring to be!

    • 5 replies
    • 794 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.