Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tagzy
    Started by tagzy,

    I want to join the specials but I fear my job will make this difficult. Most if not all the people I work with are not the sort to see the police as the valuable public service many on this forum see if you get what I mean! I wanted to apply to West Mercia but found out I would have to have permission from my employer, and even he himself has had involvement with the police and certainly wouldn't appreciate me being a hobby bobby and I wouldn't put it past him to find any excuse to sack me so I don't stumble upon anything else he's hiding, which in my industry would be very easy for him to do. Sounds bad, and I know the first comment will be 'get a different job, they're…

    • 4 replies
    • 790 views
  2. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hey all, Just wondering what people think the chances are of getting into a London based police force as a PC in the next two years? I am one of the 1800-2000 pc candidates the Met axed and am still hoping to join but the more i think about it the less likely it seems. The Met are announcing potential PC cut backs in the existing force, there are planned budget cuts that will most likelt effect COLP and BTP and on top of all of this unemployment is expected to rise so when vacancies are available the numper of applications will be huge! What are peoples thoughts? Should i call it a day?? Stuart

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. W!ck3d
    Started by W!ck3d * ,

    Hello, At the start sorry if I wrote this topic in the wrong section. Secondly, I have to research the tests for components or fitness and i have to summarise them. It took me 2h and I have done nothing! So hopefully someone can help me and tell me what Tests does U.K Police have. Thank you once more and sorry for my English Damian

    • 1 reply
    • 697 views
  4. Nine
    Started by Nine,

    LOL, NevermindNine2010-10-10 23:26:01

    • 1 reply
    • 698 views
  5. bucko1
    Started by bucko1,

    On Friday 24th i received the dreaded letter from GMP. I passed my medical last August and was just waiting for a start date. Friday was the "oh sorry" again, but your app is going in the bin, so i supposed i will carry on as a PCSO. Up the tories/lib dems serves eveyone right for thinking the country needs a change, bring back labour quick. Anyone else had the same letter !!!!!!

  6. robbocop1546620065
    Started by robbocop1546620065,

    To all those in Dorset or Hampshire forces. Reluctantly, for the purposes of family reasons I'm having to look at transferring away from my force to either Dorset or Hampshire - both not currently accepting transferees nor appear to in the near future. I have some questions for anyone who can give me some realistic ideas of what I can expect in either force & would appreciate honest feedback either on forum or in confidence via PM. My current circumstances are: 1) Self managed response officer in a rural substation covering 300ish square miles solo. A life I love! 2) Intermediate driving standard 3) Non AFO taser officer 4) PSU qualified 5) Carry a relatively…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
    sinbin1546620641
  7. Stan Still
    Started by Stan Still,

    Recruitment update. Today at 11:45 Police Officer Recruitment Originally the intention was to open up Police Officer recruitment from 5 January. However, the Director of Personnel has decided to defer recruitment to the early Spring for a number of reasons including the number of applications already in the system. Any potential candidate wishing to join West Midlands Police should record their interest by registering their name and contact details at www.west-midlands.police.uk/recruitment, but at this stage the application process will not be activated on an individual basis. When recruitment recommences arrangements for electronic transfer of applications to i…

  8. Burnsatron
    Started by Burnsatron,

    Hi people! I'm new here, so please bear with me! Just revising the topic of possession/possession with intent to supply etc and one question came up: What is the offence of someone who knows the substance is not a controlled drug, but supplies, or attempts to supply it and pass it off as a controlled drug? I've been looking at the MoD Act and maybe I'm just thick! Cheers!

    • 13 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. Heardy
    Started by Heardy,

    Following the recent culling of applications from the MET, i thought i'd start considering doing the PLC course with the view of applying to Surrey. Surrey recruitment advised they were still accepting applications and recruitment is ongoing, but obviously its subject to completion and passing of the Police Law and Community course. The course runs for 15 weeks (at one day a week) or 30 weeks (broken into two smaller sessions). The old course fee was £650 but this has now rocketed to £1200!! That's a hefty financial investment considering the absolute lack of gauranteed PC positions! I have to say that idea is firmly on the back-burner for the time being!

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    From what i am reading looks like South Yorkshire are the first police force to confirm that they will be recognizing A/C dates longer then two years, as they have confirmed to recruits who have recently been put on a freeze this. Personally i think this is a really good idea, just hope all other forces go down this line to, it would be a waste of money if not. Anyone else in other forces heard any rumors about their forces extending the length of your A/C scores indefinitely. mike

    • 2 replies
    • 501 views
  11. paulie1546620618
    Started by paulie1546620618,

    Hello all... I am due to commence training soon under the new IPLDP training package which is supposed, eventually, to be used nationwide. So I was thinking, I would create a weekly diary entry, just to let any new officers be aware of how things are structured. Obviously I wont give anything important away, just the skeletons of the structure. I hope this topic will be OK to create. If not, then apologies to the admins and please remove it. I will update this starting in a fortnights time unless anyone has any objections to me doing this. Take care all

    • 10 replies
    • 6.2k views
  12. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    Is vetting transferrable between forces?

  13. mark1
    Started by mark1 * ,

    l

    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hey, Over the pass few months i have been working on my written English. I feel i have made some progress compared to last year, but i know i need to do alot beter. If i do become a Special in the next few months, i don't want to look like a idiot with bad English. I did take some English classes last year, but they was'nt the best. Could anyone recommend any good books on this matter, or some good advice. Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 301 views
  15. mark/glos
    Started by mark/glos,

    Reason i ask is, i've already had an application rejected at the vetting stage for the Special Constabulary and i have no idea why. I only have a caution for criminal damage for graffiti when i was 15, back in 1997, so i dont think that'll be the reason why. I did declare this on the application form. I have no contact with my brothers and have only spoke to them on 2 or 3 occasions over the past 10 years and haven't spoke to either of them for over 4 years. One of my sisters has told me that they have been in trouble quite often with the police for mainly fighting and one of them have been to prision for 2 months for theft. I personally think they are the reason why. B…

    • 3 replies
    • 4.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.