Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Transducer901
    Started by Transducer901,

    Some news - was speaking to a local PCSO today and was told that she's heard that the Met arn't recruiting again till 2012, and this was backed up by a PC I asked on the way home today. I'll be 16/17 then, hope there isn't a big recruitment freeze again just before I get to 18, that would be a disaster

    • 1 reply
    • 884 views
  2. mattyh101
    Started by mattyh101,

    Has anyone who got one of the 500 applications packs received them yet?

    jack1546620623
  3. Thunder247
    Started by Thunder247 * ,

    Hi Everyone, I've just passed my Assessment Centre for Gwent Police and I'm currently waiting for a second interview. I was wondering if anybody knew what might happened on this interview, in order for me to prepare. Any help would be great. Regards

    • 1 reply
    • 433 views
    Griffin1546081308
  4. SandraK
    Started by SandraK * ,

    Hi, I´m a 40 y.old half European-half American female who´s job transfered her to London a couple of years ago. Before that I used to live in New York (15 years!). My real career is a bit boring (I do "computer stuff" for a living ). That did,´t stopped me from being an NYPD auxiliary during 5 years while living in the big apple. I returned my badge & ID when I came to the UK but I have great references and a couple of small awards. My job has me sitting infront of a screen all day and I´m considering a career change. I miss working with the public and being a "cop". I´ve been told that the Met police has no age limits (surprisingly) and was considering appl…

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  5. DCT1546620549
    Started by DCT1546620549,

    Okay, a few years back I had a nasty Rugby injury when I was young and in school. Broke my shin in 6 places and broke and dislocated and broke my ankle joint. The surgeon and my physiotherapist were optimistic about my hopes and said they'd expect me to regain full mobility eventually. However one specialist (of the many I saw) said I would struggle with activity of most kinds, from long walks to impact runs. It took me almost over a year to walk again without the aid of crutches (I was wheelchair bound for 3 months at the start too). Despite this progress, the words of that specialist echoed in my mind and I wanted to prove him wrong. A few months after being able to wa…

    sykes1545925530
  6. spl2jp
    Started by spl2jp,

    Hi all, just a quick question ( i know there isnt anyone who can give a definate answer, just after your opinions) with regards to recruitment in the future and the talk about the possibility that most of it may come from the specials, do you think that being in the specials will only advantage you for that particular force or will it help bump you up the list with all of the national forces whether local to you or not? Hope that makes sense? Again i appreciate we are purely speculating here.

    • 5 replies
    • 977 views
    sykes1545925530
  7. djfergie
    Started by djfergie * ,

    Hi I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. I served as a Police Officer with Lothian and Borders Police between 2004 and 2008 before transfering to Western Australia Police where I served until May of this year. I had to resign from both forces as career break was not an option. I returned home to Scotland with the intention of rejoining with my old force however I now find myself in the same boat as everyone else. I was wondering if anyone knows of a UK Force that would take on a rejoiner? thanks Davie

    • 2 replies
    • 787 views
  8. Nine

    Hi everyone, I'm due to start with Surrey Police in the near future. I currently live in the East London area and will have to communte to Surrey Police HQ everyday for 10 weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows of any places where I can live out Monday to Friday for 10 weeks. I can't rent a studio flat because the minimum tenancy is 6 months. If anyone knows of any places in or around the Surrey area, where I can stay for 10 weeks at a decent price - please could you let me know? I have tried to look around but I haven't come up with anything. Thanks in advance.

    • 11 replies
    • 882 views
  9. Swifty85
    Started by Swifty85,

    Hey guys, I had my a/c today with gwent and am feeling as if I could have done better considering all the revision I did to prepare. I think the pass mark is 50%. Did anyone else feel as if they may have failed? Is this a natural feeling? I feel the role playing could have gone more smoothly, but I did make use of race and diversity in every exercise. I could talk about what I would have done different in my a/c all day but I won't bore you with all the details. I just feel as if I haven't done that well. Thanks for reading guys.

    • 4 replies
    • 210 views
  10. fuzz&themachine
    Started by fuzz&themachine,

    Hey all! Just a quick what if.... Say mr A and mr B are having a quiet drink together in the pub and mr B is assaulted and mr A was a witness to an this and goes to court and gives evidence. Then two years later, the victim(mr B) is convicted of an offence which is completely unrelated to the original case. Mr A was not part of the investigation which led to the conviction of mr B. Mr A is applying to the police, Should mr A inform recruitment of this as an association of a criminal?? or is this not applicable because at the time of the association between mr A and mr B, mr B had no convictions. Mr A and Mr B are no longer associated after the pub incident. Any …

  11. theduke
    Started by theduke,

    Hi there, I don't know if anyone can me help please. As part of my training I've got a scenario to do, which is to carry out a suspect interview, but I don't really know how to prepare the questions for it. Does anyone know where i could find any info on the correct ways to prepare for it? I know that every scenario will be different, and that each suspect will be acting different, but a little bit of help would be great please.

    • 8 replies
    • 3k views
  12. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    Firstly, apologies if this is repeating information that may already be on this forum.. According to LBC radio on the way home from work this morning is that the rumours about having a policing background to become a regular are true. New Scotland Yard have announced that anyone wanting to become a full time Police Constable will have to have been a Special or a PCSO, and/or have a policing qualification before they can apply. It was not made clear on the radio what qualification this will be, but I believe that courses are already being piloted at certain colleges. The MET are carrying out this new way of recruiting in order to keep training costs down. I think this…

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  13. mark/glos

    Has anyone here applied to their chosen force but been rejected during the vetting process yet applied with a force in a different county and succeeded? Reason I ask is, I live in Gloucestershire and in 2006 I applied to Gloucestershire Constabulary but failed whilst at the vetting process. After recently contacting them in regards to re-applying, they said i have been precluded from making any further applications in any capacity. Despite writing to 3 different people, the answer is still the same. So my chance of a career as a police officer with Glos police is out of the question. I believe that the main reason for my rejection is 2 half brothers I have only seen 3 o…

    • 0 replies
    • 452 views
  14. mohsinaliraja
    Started by mohsinaliraja * ,

    Hi, I have just applied to be a special. I have no real previous experience in policing or similar work, but I do have plenty of life experience. Ive been to university, ive worked at McDonalds and John Lewis, I play league cricket and ive travelled quite a lot. Another thing that might work against me is that while I was at university my credit rating wasnt very good, and I was missing a lot of payments. How do you rate my chances?

    • 2 replies
    • 513 views
    mohsinaliraja *
  15. dhruti
    Started by dhruti,

    Hi Police Oracle forumites Thank you for helping me out in the past. My colleagues at BBC London are writing the story about the proposals to change the way Met Police officers are recruited and were impressed by the help you all gave me before. Here is the link to the current story but it does need some "real voices" - to reflect how this does/could affect those who want to join the Met. If you feel willing to speak to my colleagues, you can either contact me and I'll pass your details on: dhruti.shah@bbc.co.uk This morning I'm on 0208 576 0656 or you can email chirag.trivedi@bbc.co.uk at BBC London. Chirag's contact number is: 020 776…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.