Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Lennon303
    Started by Lennon303,

    Finally got a conditional offer of employment on my door mat this morning. If everything goes ok ill start on 20th September. Anyone else get one?????

  2. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hey Had a interesting incident happen in work today. I was wondering if it would be a good example to use in my PCSO application for Respect for Race and Diversity competency question. I wont go too much into deatail, but heres what happend in a nutshell. I was working in the female part of the shop. A transexual approached me and asked if he/she could try on a sports bra, he/she wanted to go into the female changing area. There were women and small children present in the changing areas. Not to cause offence, i asked if he/she would be happy to wait while the other customers leave the changing areas, and then he/she can go in. I then stopped other customers going int…

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  3. redhotchili
    Started by redhotchili,

    had my A/C at Ryton on the 19th of November, still have a week to go until I find out the results!!!!, while not wishing to tempt fate, I was wondering if anybody who has applied for the CNC (Civil nuclear constabulary) knows where the medical and fitness tests are held?. Part of the day includes a firearms briefing, so I am assuming it will be at a specialized center. good luck to anybody who is about to do their A/C, I left the center feeling quite bewildered!, really not sure how I did, fearing the worst, but hoping for the best.

  4. Thunder247
    Started by Thunder247 * ,

    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have my day of days in a couple of weeks and was wondering what type of questions would be asked??? Is it all based on my application??? Regards

    • 1 reply
    • 276 views
  5. NorPlod

    Hi, Thought I would create a new thread for those of us waiting for a medical as lots of us had theirs canceled over the past few weeks. So if you have yours rescheduled or have spoken to recruitment recently stick an update on

  6. StevenFraser
    Started by StevenFraser,

    I have the recruitment event on the second of September and was just hoping someone can give me a heads up as to what the fitness test will be. The mile and a half run or the bleep test? Info would be appreciated.

  7. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Just a question for anyone who has gone through the medical with dyfed-powys, was wondering how the day goes and what is involved, any advise would be appreciated :)

  8. optimist
    Started by optimist,

    Hi there Has anyone else been contacted by Gwent Police for a second assessment centre in May? I (like a number of people, it seems) had the dreaded letter indicating that I had passed the paper sift but there was no room for me at the December 2009 assessment. To say I am over the moon to have a second chance is something of an understatement...is anyone else in the same boat?

  9. EJW1
    Started by EJW1,

    Hello, I wonder if you could tell me what the textbook is that the college give you alongside the workbook? Would it happen to be Blackstones Student Police Officer Handbook? Its just I am starting the PLC course in September and was looking at some material to buy in order to read in the meantime, but dont want to waste money as its £30. (Apologies I know I posted this elsewhere also but that was my own stupidity) Thanks EJW12010-08-28 09:30:08

  10. skomer
    Started by skomer,

    Hey all, Was wondering if anybody who's waiting for a start with Dyfed Powys police, knew if they are still progressing with our vetting checks or if they've been postponed also until nearer the start time?

  11. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello, as most people know the NPIA extended the A/C scores from 1 to 2 years because of the budget cuts and how long people are having to wait to get a start date, do you think the NPIA could extend this further?, i know some police forces are in talks with the NPIA about this just wandering if anyone had any news, I'm not worrying that much my A/C doesn't run out till September 2011, but it would put my mind at rest say they extended it to 3 years. I have realized that i am going to have even longer to wait for my start date and I'm OK with that, and tbh i would wait for as long as it takes as i am joining the specials any way, just really think that they should extend …

  12. Lennon303
    Started by Lennon303,

    Does anyone know the shifts for the southwest division in Essex Police?????

  13. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I have been on this site a while now, since applying to GMP originally back in Dec 2007. A few of you already know my story, but basically I passed all stages with GMP and was due to go for my medical in feb 2009 when I got a call the day before saying I had failed vetting. After challenging the decision I was told it was for financial reasons. I have quite a large amount of debt although it is being paid off on a management plan and I dont have any IVA's or bankrupcy etc. When I explained this I was told by the vetting manager that if I re-applied in 12 months time, and assuming I was still paying it off I shouldnt have any problems. Of course as we all know GMP (along w…

    • 16 replies
    • 3.5k views
    bobbydrake501546081223
  14. plum64_uk
    Started by plum64_uk,

    Hi All, I recently applied for City of London, passing application and AC. However I did not pass my 2nd interview. Really gutted but that's life. In my letter I was told that my AC results last for 12 months and I could transfer my results to another force (if they're recruiting). I got 74% for application and 63% at AC. I have a few questions regarding the above: 1) Does anyone know at what point my result are valid from, i.e. do they last from today (the day I got my letter) or from the day I received them when I passed my AC. Means I’ll know how much time I have to find another force. 2) Would a force prefer to take on “brand new†recruits over recruits that…

    • 4 replies
    • 994 views
  15. CAB 3707
    Started by CAB 3707 * ,

    I am interested to know what the oldest application is in the Btp system post succesfull assesment centre

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.