Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. horndawg801546620114
    Started by horndawg801546620114,

    Morning, I did a transfer interview for TVP this week and thought I did really well. However, they thought otherwise. and I didn't get the job. Is there a possibility that they can only take a certain quota for the year and this may have already been filled? I am just intrigued to know to be honest. There is a possibility I could have done a rubbish interviewer but my gut feeling was that I had got the job. I mean, I am usually quite good at interviews and have even passed an interview for a major investment bank earlier in my career.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
    MeanMachine22
  2. Mikeysa80
    Started by Mikeysa80 * ,

    I recently applied to be a special constable within GMP and Initially i thought evrything was going well. i attended my interviews and exams at sedgly park and passed with great scores, i attended my physical Assessment at the claybrook centre and again passed with no problems. this is where things go wrong for me. soon after my physical assesment i was give a date to attend a medical exam with a nurse at sedgly park on the 9th July 2010 i recived this letter on the 19th of june. great i thought. then on the 22nd of june i recived another letter informing me that my application was Unsuccessful due to some kind of veting process. gutted i rang up the Recruitment unite t…

  3. tommytechno18
    Started by tommytechno18,

    Hi, I would like some advise if possible. I am a qualified mechanic, been in the trade for nearly four years. A month or so ago I applied for the Wilthsire police vehicle technician position. I recieved a letter and a phone call Monday notifying me that i have been chosen for an interview next Thursday. The interview is with three people, not to sure who and I am after some info about what sort of questions they might ask me? Also, this might sound silly, but i am not sure what to wear? Few more questions... Does anyone know any police mechanics? As I would like to know what the job is like? I am reasonably happy with my current job but I feel it is time for a chang…

    tommytechno18
  4. Col1874
    Started by Col1874,

    Morning All, I wonder if someone could answer this question for me... If someone (aka myself) is unsuccessful first time round, and has to wait 6 months to re-apply, what do they mean by 6 months. Do they mean 6 months from the original application, 6 months from the assessment date or 6 months from the date you were told you were unsuccessful? I'd be grateful if someone who knows the answer could advise. If you don't know the answer, please don't guess because I want to know the facts.

    • 1 reply
    • 186 views
  5. missd83
    Started by missd83,

    iv been informed there are no slots for fitness tests with TVP til December! what a joke! cant belive there is so many applicants that they cant see me for SIX months when i passed AC in march! anyone else had such a long wait?? im starting to lose all motivation with it now!

    • 6 replies
    • 266 views
  6. Jaime
    Started by Jaime,

    As you can see by the date I joined this forum (2003) it's been a while since I failed my interview to join the met police. It really hit me hard at the time and I sort of gave up on the idea. Tried to join the prison service but didn't get it as I had no experience. Also tried to become a paramedic but didn't even get an interview. My fault as I didn't really put much effort into the application form. I really want to do a job that makes a difference to people and the way we live. I have been giving it a lot of thought lately and want to try the police again, although it says the Met aren't recruiting right now. Still not sure I will pass the interview as I found it very…

  7. carolinekate
    Started by carolinekate,

    Hey just wondering if anyone has any SET practise papers for sale? I've just recieved my letter today saying I will be contacted in due course with a date for the test, anyone have any idea how long the wait is? I need as much practise as i can get. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 419 views
  8. Vicarinauniform
    Started by Vicarinauniform,

    ok. im a woman of 38. this is a bit of a saga. when i did a practice push pull test in may i did ok on the pull and didnt on the push. so i worked my socks off at the gym. then i did the real test and passed the push bit and failed the pull bit. so ive been working my socks off some more. and ive never managed to do the pull test since ive got the real 2nd test coming up and i just cannot remember how i did it that first time. does anyone have any good solid advice on how i can pass the pull element? please? ive resorted to hypnotherapy, 2 gym memberships and a personal trainer. yes i am THAT desperate. im going for another practice session soon. really - any…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Vicarinauniform
  9. Jamie17
    Started by Jamie17 * ,

    Hi I passed my final interview and medical a few weeks ago but still havent heard anything yet. I have contacted the force by phone and I was told I should start on the 19th July at Tulliallan but I would still like to see it on paper for peace of mind! can anyone tell me how long it normally takes to receive this letter? Its just that this start date is only a few weeks away! Thanks Jamie

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
    sean dempsey
  10. alert123
    Started by alert123,

    Hi, people. I have applied for west midlands police as a regular and i am currently stuck waiting for a medical and fitness date, i have come to the realisation that its going to be a long wait, i wanted to join the specials and have found out they are closed and not recruiting. I wanted to know when the specials recruitment does open is it possible to use my A/C results from my regular application to bypass tests and avoid security checks and other stages of recruitment. or will i have to go through everything again. thank you

  11. Austin81
    Started by Austin81,

    Hi I was just wondering if anyone else will be going to Tulli on Sept 9th for their two day assessment.

    • 8 replies
    • 333 views
  12. joelgill86
    Started by joelgill86 * ,

    hello, I have applied for herts constabulary, I got thru the assessment centre back in july 2009.I was told June then Oct then Dec for my start date,i dont mind waiting to start as long as i get in.however i am worried as i have heard stories of ppls applications bein cancelled at this stage or even later.is ne1 in same situation as me?wld b nice 2 hear from others as ive heard very little from the recruitment team.

    • 4 replies
    • 831 views
  13. Jamie76
    Started by Jamie76,

    Hi Folks I have a query regarding the 2 day Assessment Centre at Tulliallan. I am expecting to receive a date for the AC in either August or September and looking for some advice. I've been going to the gym regularly and training as much as I can for the running element of the fitness test. I was originally told that the 1.5 miles was run around an athletic track and so felt comfortable with just timing myself each lap. However I have recently seen a number of posts on this site saying that you run the 1.5 miles around the campus and you are also not allowed to wear a watch either. This is assuming the weather is not gale force blizzards where the bleep test will be do…

    • 2 replies
    • 318 views
  14. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    Got my letter today stating I have passed my interview for Staffordshire Police which I am chuffed about. The medical stage is very important for me as I was unsuccessful with West Midlands Police at this stage. The story behind it: I dislocated my shoulder for the second time in October 2007, and was advised by my surgeon to have surgery on the shoulder as this would prevent my shoulder from dislocating in the future. I successfully had the operation in December 2007 and it was a huge success. I had physiotherapy for 3 month and then had full movement and full of of my shoulder. The whole procedure was a complete success. Unfortunately, Occupational Health at West Mid…

    • 0 replies
    • 392 views
  15. Dani86
    Started by Dani86,

    Hiya! Just wondering if anyone who is joining Fife Constabulary has been given the 19th July as a start date? Very nervous but excited about starting. Would be nice to know a couple of names before the big day :) Danielle

    sean dempsey

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.