Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi guys, i wondered if anybody could help me, i wanted to know that i am currently still waiting for my medical and fitness for west mid police and have come to the realisation that it will be a long wait, i was wondering if im allowed to apply for a police force in scotland (lol), as obviously it is neither in england and wales. just wanted to know if its possible. thanx
-
got my letter today stating I have passed my interview for Staffordshire Police which I am chuffed about. The medical stage is very important for me as I was unsuccessful with West Midlands Police at this stage. The story behind it: I dislocated my shoulder for the second time in October 2007, and was advised by my surgeon to have surgery on the shoulder as this would prevent my shoulder from dislocating in the future. I successfully had the operation in December 2007 and it was a huge success. I had physiotherapy for 3 month and then had full movement and full of of my shoulder. The whole procedure was a complete success. Unfortunately, Occupational Health at West Mid…
-
hi i would like to know a few things, im currently a royal marines recruit in week 26 outta 32, and i unfortuantly have an injury that prevents me going any further in training, and i was wonder if a medical disharge/mbos (medical board of survey) will affect my chances in getting in the police force, im not saying the police is my second option because it was police or the royal marines but i chose the marines because of the commando state of mind that i have and wanted at the time. so would anyone help me out if i could join the police force or would it be a complete waste of my time?? thank you chris owen
-
Hello all! I am after some advice if possible. I am a 42 yr old graduate (2007) with 11 years previous army service ( sniper instructor/ royal military police). I am currently employed as an ambulance technician (on-road A&E) dealing with sick,vulnerable and addictive patient's on a daily basis.I also worked with the Scottish Prison Service (SPS). However, I was dismissed by the SPS in 1997, following allegation's of assault against me by a prisoner.I was charged by police for alleged assault, but case was dismissed by the Procurator Fiscal(no corrobative/medical evidence existed!), but was sacked 'on the balance of probabilities' I assaulted the prisoner although no …
-
Hi there, I sent my app to Strathclyde a few weeks ago, and got a letter saying they will invite me to a Standard Entrance Test / Initial Fitness. Does anyone know what this consists of? - I know there is running 1.5 miles in 12mins at some stage - which I hope is a bit away yet as I am a bit away from that! I also have the past papers from the site to try out, however does anyone have any recomendations on books to help please? I checked Amazon, however they dont speficially mention the Scottish recruitment process, one review for a book said its no good for the Scottish one. Any help on books or past papers etc, would be much appreciated. Cheers
-
-
Hi All, I have no doubt you have all seen the new budget unvailed on Tuesday. I was just wondering if people know what the actual affect of this will be on New Joiners, current working practices, pensions and the all important Pay Scales? There are some interesting views being expressed from existing officers on the below blog and if what they write is correct it looks like it could be a tough 3-6 years ahead. http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14661&PN=2 I have waited nearly 2 years for a start date which is now in sepetember but in light of recent announcements i am (regretably) having to seriously consider if this is a v…
-
Hello Was just wondering if anybody out there was waiting on a start date for south yorkshire or indeed a fitness/medical? Generally if anybody has idea as to timelines
-
- 19 replies
- 1.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
ok so you have done your 2 years and now its time for choices.... what do you do? Obviously you get your regular answers, fire arms, Doggys, response, but what else do people want to do and why? I quite like the idea of Police Diver. Im wanting to learn to be a Padi diver hopefully next year anyway so this stuff interests me hugely. Would love to chat to any current divers regarding this. What about everyone else? what do you want to do and why?
-
Hi, Does anyone know of any forces that are recruiting police officers at present?? The ones im looking at all appear to be not recruiting, although I guess with this current climate and with the budget being out today it’s all about saving! Gemma
-
Hi all Please could someone give me some advice. In feb 2007 I had to register myself bankrupt. Also in oct 1997 I was convicted of an affay. Two months after I was arrested for an assault, interviewed and no further action taken as I was not at fault. I have a military policing background but would now like to join the Met police. Would I just be wasting my time applying or would there be a chance I could get through?
-
what does the emergency budget mean for police recruitment in england? I'm currently inthe application process with Cheshire who are a relatiely small force, only 2200 officers. What will it mean for them? Ash
-
It's starting ...... Cambridgeshire Police in staff recruitment freeze http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/10401732.stm
-
Starting at Tulliallan later in the year. What's the general age group of other probationers?
-
- 22 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, new to the forum so please bear with me! I'm currently on of the 2000 on the waiting list and was wondering whether anyone had spoken to hampshire or other forces currently recruiting about transferring? I havn't been able to reach them as yet. Many thanks
-
- 27 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-