Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. scottyk
    Started by scottyk,

    As the topic title says, failed Tayside assesement day due to lack of input to the group exercise. Got very good scores for the written part and interview. Heres to one whole year of waiting before i reapply.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. djaysoft
    Started by djaysoft,

    The reason I ask is that my work history is wide and varied jobs due to roles not working out etc and I feel that having 15 jobs in 10 years with another job that looks like its bombing out now (struggling to pass the bus driving test!) does not look good. Does anybody know, is the decision as to whether to employ an applicant made purely on the basis of the competency q’s/roleplays/interview process, with employment checks being purely to check where you were and when and also that you didn’t do anything really bad e.g. theft (which I didn’t), or does the employment history actually play a part in whether you pass the process?

    • 1 reply
    • 713 views
    Frank Drebin
  3. kennyg86
    Started by kennyg86,

    hey guys, not sure if its been done before or not but just thought id start up a we thread and see whos all applying for strathclyde police this year

  4. bilko
    Started by bilko,

    hi there folks, this is probably going to sound strange odd, but here goes. i have always wanted to be a policeman, and always thought i would never be good enough but to shorten the story i went for it in 2008, i got in much to my joy at the age of 49. and i am having to wait in the holding pool like many others. so i am in the specials at the moment getting some valuable experience. been a special since june 2009. but i still cant believe i am in , my wife is so proud of me as are my aunts and the rest of my family. but every now and again i worry that something will ruin it for me because its a dream come true for me. this is what keeps bugging me. back in 1973 …

    s'westhopeful
  5. kazza03
    Started by kazza03,

    Hi All, Found out today that I did not pass the Assessment Centre last week. I am devastated!! I phoned for feedback and was told I passed the CTT and did great in the interview. I failed in meeting the competences in the assessment tasks!! I am so disappointed in myself! In my defence I was very nervous, and probably a bit too keen to tick all the boxes..but then so was everybody. The worst part is Im not sure whether I should reapply in 6 months. Not because I dont think that I can take on board what I need to improve on but because if I have failed once then maybe Im just setting myself up for a fall again! Anybody that can help me by giving me some advice or just h…

    janinnegibson
  6. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Just wondering how far people would commute to be a police officer? Considering trying to transfer my a/c score to gwent, with its border area being 50 to 60ish miles from my home in south shropshire. Moving house is not an option for a few years, but I really fancy working in that area, what do people think? Is there any serving officers on here who travel a long way?

    • 4 replies
    • 841 views
  7. Lindac
    Started by Lindac,

    Just found out that i failed my force interview with Hampshire! My feedback said i didn't convince the panel i had a clear understanding of diversity! I have to wait until November to do the interview again, and thats if they are still recruiting! If they looked at my assessment results i scored 90% in R&D so i clearly do understand the topic, and with a 71% overall A/C mark. So frustrated as i worked really hard.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. mcmac74
    Started by mcmac74,

    hi, i'm two weeks into service and trying to plan my budget. Can someone who's recently started and pays into the pension let me know what the net salary is each month from the £22,680 gross. Cheers mac

  9. laurieballard
    Started by laurieballard * ,

    Hello I have always wanted to be a police officer but my optition said my eyesight was not good enough. I have read the eyesight requirement but its a little confusing... I have a lazy eye meaning I can only see very little out of it My prescription is: Left eye - +6 Right eye - +4.5 The left eye is only that strong to balance out the prescription. I can read the second to bottom line on the chart with both eyes together and my right eye (aided) I can read the third from bottom line with both eyes (unaided) I can just about make out the first line with me left eye (aided or unaided) I am prepared for the worst and I suspect my left eye will mean I cant join the…

    • 1 reply
    • 298 views
    Frank Drebin
  10. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello just thought i would post up here, thames valley are recruiting PCSO, deadline is 2 of june. link http://www.halfthestory.co.uk/jobdetails.aspx/971/Police_Community_Support_Officer_Various_Locations_in_Buckinghamshire/?ssimple=&Current=true

    • 0 replies
    • 866 views
  11. po64423y
    Started by po64423y,

    If you have been rejected due to Police recruitment vetting checks (Security/criminal records check) I guarantee that under date protection they will NOT tell you why. This is how you find out: Step 1:Apply for any information on Police National Computer (PNC) under the freedom of information act to your local force. The PNC contains Convictions, Cautions, reprimands and Final Warnings. Step 2: If PNC comes back CLEAR there is also another police system which hold records that most folk don’t know about!! This other system contains soft intellience (reports of offences or alleged offences and many other sensitve date…….. If you don’t declare police contact o…

  12. brunette1977
    Started by brunette1977,

    Ihave been confused the whole way through the process to be honest and have now seen some other posts that are confussing me even more! I have passed Days 1/2, passed vetting and am now waiting to be offered a start date at Hendon. What I am concerned about is that there seem to be a few posts on this forum that indicate that even after you have passed your 31 weeks training you could still have to wait to start work? Anyone know about this? Once you have passed Hendon do you start straight away?

  13. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hey I know we have had this conversation on many occasions, can PCSO's get fast tracked. But i have found this Gwent police document which has me wondering. It may be nothing, and just be PCSO recruitment, but take a look... http://www.gwentpa.police.uk/pa/agenda/EHR12April10/item%206c%20police%20officer%20recruitment%20plans%202010-11.pdf This is what im looking at... Police Officer Recruitment and Training Profile • Intake of 22 on 29/03/10 to complete training on 20/08/10 • Intake of 22 on 26/04/10 to complete training on 17/09/10 • Intake of 22 on 31/08/10 to complete training on 28/01/11 • Intake of 22 on 27/09/10 to complete training on 25/02/11 •…

    • 1 reply
    • 999 views
    Mr So Special
  14. Anonone
    Started by Anonone * ,

    Published in the Evening Gazette 28.05.2010 A CASH bombshell has hit Cleveland Police. It is having to cut £1.3m from its spending this year. As part of its public spending cuts, the Government is reducing grants to police forces by £125m across the country. Cleveland’s grant will be cut by 2.5%. Councillor Dave McLuckie, chairman of Cleveland Police Authority, told the Gazette today he was appalled at the decision to make the in-year cut when the authority had already set its budget and precept levels. He warned it was possible that recruitment of police officers to maintain numbers could be delayed or halted. “It is a tremendous blow. We built the budget ar…

    • 0 replies
    • 421 views
  15. jonnybravo1546620649
    Started by jonnybravo1546620649,

    Hi Just wondering if anyone phoned up there local headquarters to ask if they could come in and speak to someone and ask about current operations, issues facing the police and the role of a police officer and got told they aren't allowed to do that and to just check the website as all information is on there? That's what they told me and bit dissapointed. I wondered if I should maybe just go into my local station, much smaller and quieter, and ask someone there who obviously wont be as busy as headquarters. Do you think it's worth a shot? The woman said that they wouldn't give out information about current operations but I thought you'd need to know about that for int…

    • 11 replies
    • 430 views
    Scotia1546081133

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.