Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bearhead
    Started by bearhead,

    Hello, I'm writing on behalf of my boyfriend who received his police interview feedback yesterday. He failed with the following results: Overall: 57% Respect for Race and Diversity: 67% Oral Communication: 100% Written Communication: 33% D Grade for Race and Diversity: NO Now, I don't know anything about the recruitment process, but am I right in thinking that these results aren't horrific in terms of him trying again in 6 months time? Admittedly, the written communication is a bit of a stinger, but he is crushed and about to throw in the towel. Having said that, however, perhaps these results are poor and I …

  2. david123
    Started by david123,

    hey im thinking of becoming a police officer... what exactly does the fitness test have in it...i know its got running and upper body strength but what exactly do you do??

    • 2 replies
    • 694 views
  3. thejigglyone
    Started by thejigglyone,

    I've had a whole 6 days notice for my SET test. I've brushed up on long multiplication but i've completely forgotten how to do long division. I don't recognise any of the methods i've seen online! I'm slowly getting there and have been testing myself during my work breaks with some sums but I'm quite often left with a remainder. My hubby thinks i will need to divide to a decimal point (which my brain can't compute!!!!) Do i need to be able to divide to a decimal point for the tests? I'm severely hoping that the answers will be whole numbers. Arrrrggggghhhhh Edit: I'm getting there, managing to roughly work it out to one decimal point, i just need to practise. I'…

    • 11 replies
    • 649 views
    colin_j_84 *
  4. Gareth_6621
    Started by Gareth_6621,

    Hey guys... Does anyone have any SET practise papers they are willing to sell? Got the exam next Friday!!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 344 views
    colin_j_84 *
  5. Ash3
    Started by Ash3,

    Hello all, I have my final interview coming up soon, and was wondering how to go about preparing for it. Obviously Im not asking for specific questions asked or anything naughty, but what kinds of things should i be preparing for? Its my final formal interview, after A/C. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 505 views
  6. rambo1546620642
    Started by rambo1546620642 * ,

    I still don't get this, even after re-reading code-A of PACE ! We are under pressure to be pro-active & i want to get stuck in. Simple stop checks seem to usually achieve little & doing PNC checks seem to achieve little as they can not be used as grounds unless they are under arrest to warn you of their past. Please help ! ! ! For example - If you see a known drug dealer walking / driving you want to search them but you have no grounds. If you have intellignce on a drug dealer / vehicle you still don't have grounds as we are told intel is never enough alone & you should not go fishing. If you apply the law & wait for Intel AND them hiding someth…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. reepers13
    Started by reepers13,

    Firstly hi, not sure if this is the right area to post but I'll give it a go anyway. I was served a reg 13 notice (colleagues agreed should never have been served) earlier this year and no longer work for the force. I had 21 months service and have my response ticket. I desperatly want to join another force in particular cnc. My question is, as they are not a ho force do they have the same regs for a probe? Would they still consider me as a new recruit (can't believe I have to go through training again) ? When I briefly spoke to someone from hr they didn't even know what a reg 13 was. Any help would be appreciated, maybe a cnc officer on here could advise?

    • 9 replies
    • 702 views
  8. violet1546620505
    Started by violet1546620505,

    Hi can anyone give me an idea of difficulty of numerical reasoning test please. I have found the example questions in my welcome pack really easy and straight forward, however some other examples I have in a book are very difficult indeed, involving long division and other quite complex questions which I can do but are taking much longer than the allowed 12 minutes. I'm a little worried this could let me down on the day.

    • 3 replies
    • 421 views
    violet1546620505
  9. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    Hey peeps! Does anyone know what the Specials application forms are marked out of? Is there a top mark? I caught sight of the top of mine today while I was having my docs checked over and it said "Succeed" with "18" circled on top of it. I'm guessing that that is the mark awarded to my application. Any thoughts on to how that measures up?

    • 2 replies
    • 345 views
    Universally_Challenged
  10. blondiewannabepc
    Started by blondiewannabepc,

    Hi all, recently passed a/c and done medical etc. Thing is, now I've been invited to a final interview (something that Northumbria hasn't done in years as far as I know!) I'm trying to prepare, however it's difficult to do so seeing as I can't get advice off of new student officers as to what to expect! I understand that final interviews may vary from force to force, but is there anything in particular that most forces incorporate into final interviews? Am so far preparing along the lines of the questions posed in the pinned items and trying to find personal examples that demonstrate the icf profiles. Any pointers would be very much appreciated! Cheers

    blondiewannabepc
  11. footyfan1546620613
    Started by footyfan1546620613,

    Hi, I did my acl in 2004 and had a reconstruction in 2005. Does anybody know if this will barr me from getting in? at the time I had two infections which required clean up operations but I have had absolutely no issues since then and have competed in full sporting activities like football and badminton. I have never been back to any doctors or surgeons since and physios have said that if the scar was not there they wuld not know I had this done as the knee as is as strong as it should be.

    • 2 replies
    • 275 views
  12. dtrofimczuk
    Started by dtrofimczuk,

    Hi everyone, just thought I would ask everyone for your advice as my mind needs putting at ease right now. To cut a long story short, my older brother started an argument and we both had a bit of a scuffle which he started. The next day he was still really bitter towards me and as he knows that I'm applying to the police (with which I have been waiting for a start date for sometime) and decided to report me to the police saying I assaulted him. The incident took place early hours Friday morning. Today two officers arrived at my door when I was out. So a few hours I went down to the police station where I was arrested for ABH. After being interviewed to give my version o…

  13. Gforce
    Started by Gforce * ,

    Hi all it's nice to be here. I've always wanted to join the force but the issue of my height (5'7) seems to hinder my confidence to apply. I'm happy in general with being a shorter guy and have no hang ups whatsoever with people giving me stick. I'm stocky, quite muscular, trained in boxing / Thai boxing for years so I can look after myself no problem. My lack of confidence stems from my fear to be of physical use to my fellow officers. My personal security and awareness is great but at the end of the day, what use will I be trying to arrest a 6,4 drunk on a Friday night. If I was out and about, would I forever just be calling for backup. You get the idea. I would love…

    • 20 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. michaelinwiltshire
    Started by michaelinwiltshire,

    Does anyone have a firm knowledge of what the financial checks consist of. Do they check with a credit reference agency or something different and what are they checking. Please only reply if you know the actual procedure Thankyou

    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. dporter536
    Started by dporter536 * ,

    hi there everyone, i am just wondering if anyone has there fitness test on the above date. This is when i have mine. Anybody have any tips on the fitness test? or do they know weather it is going to be a bleep test or a fitness test. During the fitness test do you just have to do the run and thats it. no strength test? regards dean

    • 1 reply
    • 184 views
    LittleSisterchen

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.