Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mard21
    Started by mard21,

    Hi all, I had my assessment centre yesterday and I think I messed it up. I started off with the written, the first one I didn't quite finish, but the second one I did. In both the documents I got my RFRD, customer service, teamworking, problem solving and Westshire Policies in. Then my roleplays again got in my RFRD, customer service, teamworking, problem solving, resilience, westshire policies and asked some good questions and came up with solutions to their problems. I just feel like I was repeating myself in the roleplays a bit, and I challenged comments where I could and didn't take sides. In the roleplays I spoke just under the five minutes, so I was a quite happy wi…

    • 20 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. SmokeyH
    Started by SmokeyH,

    Does anyone have one this week as well. I have mine with TVP, be good to find someone else thats in the same boat! Chris

  3. _Williams_
    Started by _Williams_ * ,

    Hi, i've always said i'd love to join the police but never had the bottle to actually get up and do it. Recently I've had a bit of trouble with a fraudster who has ripped me off for over £6000 on a car i sold. Now I'm left oweing a finance company £6000 which i simply dont have so I'm facing bankruptcy or maybe some other sort of payment plan! Now my problem, when this happened I finally decided I wanted to get up and do it, I'd love to be in a position to bring people like this to justice. So with my new found enthusiasm i logged onto the south wales police website to look what I needed to do and discoered they wont consider anybody with bad credit. Not good for me at t…

    • 3 replies
    • 615 views
    TheGrimReaper
  4. joeyp101
    Started by joeyp101 * ,

    Hi all, Im going to a Police recruitment event tonight in Portsmouth - they are very vague in the email about whats involved, im guessing its just a presentation about what the police do and what the jobs are like? Any info would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

  5. davidglynn
    Started by davidglynn * ,

    Hi Got my final interview for Hampshire on the 27th. Anyone been through it recently, give me any pointers please. Really nervous!!

    • 1 reply
    • 223 views
  6. JamesP1988
    Started by JamesP1988,

    I have been told today I failed my final interview. I have a question in regards to A/C Results. I take it with failing the interview I now have to wait 6 months before trying again or can I transfer my A/C result to another force who don't do a final interview? If in 6 months I reapply for another force can I carry my A/C Result over or do I have to a sit new Assessment Centre for that particular force. Any feedback would be appreciated. James

    • 5 replies
    • 783 views
  7. Zamudio
    Started by Zamudio,

    Are they a bar to entry in to the force? Does anybody know how you can fix them? Cheers

  8. loiz18
    Started by loiz18,

    does anyone know when the met or the cambridgeshire constabulary are next recruiting full time officers? is there any kind of waiting list in place like the forces use?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Aw92331546620630
    Started by Aw92331546620630,

    Hi, Quick(ish) question...in December 2007 I hit a cyclist while driving - she moved into my path without looking or signalling so she was liable. All fine at the time but about a week later I got a letter from West Mercia saying that there was an allegation of driving without due care and attention based on this incident. I was called in for an interview and got told the 'you do not have to say anything etc.'. The officer told me afterwards that he was pretty convinced it wasn't my fault and would recommend no further action. Got a letter a couple of weeks later saying that nothing further was going to happen about it. What I want to know is...as this wasn't my fault a…

    Mr So Special
  10. themangk
    Started by themangk,

    Just wondring if any1 knows if the June intake on the 7th is starting at jackton on the 7th at jackton or tullialan ? And also if any1 knows dates of when tullialan closes for the holidays ? Cheers

  11. CapelloWeTrust
    Started by CapelloWeTrust,

    Hi all, First time poster on these boards......just been reading through some of your experiences of the police recruitment process and wondered if anyone had any help tips or advice for me for my upcoming A/C? I actually sent my application off to Northumbria in September 2008 I found out that I had passed April 2009 but was told the Assessment Centre was been put back. Then having received a letter in December 2009 inviting me to the A/C Jan 2010....when i was holidaying in the States....i politely asked them to hold my application and consider me for the next round which to my surprise they did. I have been invited to attend a pre A/C 28/4.. does anyone …

    CapelloWeTrust
  12. Nat1
    Started by Nat1,

    Hi, I am currently just waiting to pass the vetting stage having passed the entrance tests, fitness and medical. I was wondering if anyone knew the possible start dates for merseyside this year? I am supposed to be a bridesmaid at my friends wedding at the beginning of september which is abroad and i just wondered whether you can possibly delay your start date- didnt want to do this though if theres not going to be many intakes this financial year?? Thankyou for your help

    • 1 reply
    • 601 views
  13. joe c
    Started by joe c * ,

    in the 1st day i know there is role plays but does the initial interview consist of role play scenario questions or is it purely based on u force???is CTT multiple choice or essay style?? thanks for your help

  14. donna lou
    Started by donna lou * ,

    Hello to all , i am a serving Customs Officer but am interested in applying to become a regular Police Officer. Im 38 years of age with 20 years experience , would i be considered to old for a position ???

  15. miss_independant
    Started by miss_independant,

    Hi, Its been a while since I have been on this forum. I applied to become a police officer with Thames Valley - going on 3 years now!! Everything was going well - I passed my assessment day, fitness and interview fine. The only problem is I am deaf in one ear, and when I had to go to occupational health for my hearing and eyesight tests, they said this could be a problem. Anyway - nearly 3 years down the line, I am still on the waiting list at TVP - they want to create a "hearing situation" consisting of a number of scenarios to see how I cope with different situations with a radio in my good ear. I occasionally speak to a lady in Occy Health, however they don't seem t…

    miss_independant

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.