Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. fuldude
    Started by fuldude,

    Lookinh to transfer to Gwent, can anyone tell me about the force etc

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. lincspcso
    Started by lincspcso,

    Once i pass the fitness on the bleep test ect and go to do the medical, do they work out your BMI? Physically i am fit but my BMI is over 30 due to muscle and other female parts! Thanks for any help on this!

    IveToldYouOnce
  3. gmpal
    Started by gmpal,

    Im currently a GMP constable and now I want to go back home to London. Does anyone have any ideas when the Met would next recruit for transfers. Also any experiences of people who have done the same move would be much appreciated! Thanks all

    • 1 reply
    • 704 views
  4. kingsg
    Started by kingsg,

    Has anybody else received the recent correspondence relating to the need to do a Diploma In Policing and Public Safety before we can start ? Just wondered what peoples reactions have been. Not best pleased that this has now been thrown in the mix and even less pleased that it is going to cost me £1200 but I can understand why they would do it. What do you think ? are you going to go for it ? Thanks

  5. justdamo
    Started by justdamo,

    Hi Guys Im new to this site so not to sure where to find the infomation i want. However does anyone have any insight on when either Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside, or cheshire police are having the next recruitment campaigns? Many Thanks Damian

    • 1 reply
    • 655 views
  6. mark_a_thorpe
    Started by mark_a_thorpe * ,

    Hey all! I've not yet applied to Tayside (I want a solid 1 year out of uni working in a real job, as opposed to my part time job through uni) but will be doing so in June or July this year. Just curious at the turn around times for each stage in Tayside (and other forces, just for info!) at the moment. Love my current job, but it's almost time to get the ball rolling!

    • 0 replies
    • 295 views
    mark_a_thorpe *
  7. tjmac
    Started by tjmac,

    How long did it take after the A/C to get your results?

    • 2 replies
    • 365 views
  8. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    I had my interview left with gmp speicals and decided to withdraw my app in order to transfer my ac results to merpol. Only for merpol to decline my app due to vetting.. So i rang gmp to ask if i could continue my speicals app which i only withdrew from last month, only to be told I would have to start all over again! whining over! I just found out the gmp specials selection process is the same as their police officer process..... appears to me gmp may in future have a process whereby specials could become regulars in a certain length of time..

  9. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Just letting everyone know i have passed the application form for Gwent Special Constabulary. I have my assessment centre on the 19th of april and im pretty damm happy lol. Definaltey won't have any problems with the fitness test and im going to do pleanty of revision for the numerical and logical problems. By far one of the best feelings ever when u finally pass lol Thanks to everone for thier help =)

    • 5 replies
    • 955 views
    sword1546620377
  10. Elise1546620386
    Started by Elise1546620386,

    Hi, I have sent my application on Monday the 26th January 2009 and I’m now currently waiting for the letter. Looking at previous posts, I think I should receive a correspondence between 3 to 4 weeks. As anyone applied around the same time? Have you got your letter yet? As well, there were some talks about trying to merge both PIRT and Fitness on the same day. Does anyone know anything about this matter? Good luck to all! Cheers, Pedro

    Follow The Sapper
  11. Follow The Sapper
    Started by Follow The Sapper,

    Hi all Could someone give me a steer on which mobile internet provider gives the best coverage at Tulliallan? I currently use O2 and 3, according to their websites coverage is very good, however I would feel reassured if someone could confirm this as I have have been bitten by the web site claims before!!! Thanks in advance REgards (Spot the spelling mistake in the title)

    • 0 replies
    • 524 views
    Follow The Sapper
  12. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi all I was thinking of applying for WMP in their next recruitment drive because I will be 17 then and WMP let you apply at 17. But your not allowed to go to the assessment centre until your 18 1/2. So would the application be any faster if I applied at 17 with WMP rather than my local force at 18? Thanks

  13. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Just recieved my results for Dyfed-Powys assessment centre and passed with 57%, the only problem being they only have 48 vacancies this year and with me being in 56th position have been put on a reserve list for 12 months. I'm really torn about whether to stay with them and hope some higher placed people transfer or drop out, or try to transfer my score to another force. Do any midlands forces offer an over 50% or 55% pass rate? Is it Difficult to transfer scores? Is there any hope for me????? I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth here and I'm determined not to let go of this

  14. Happy1546620634
    Started by Happy1546620634 * ,

    Hello Awaiting the dates for the next recruitment events to be posted. Can anyone tell me what to expect ?

    • 1 reply
    • 384 views
  15. Elle1546620633
    Started by Elle1546620633,

    Have been lurking the site for a few days now trying to gather information and even though i've learnt a lot, I'm still in need of some help please! I have wanted to join the met police for a good few years now, but have yet to see any recruitment drives advertised, always just the message that they are no longer recruiting. After much googling, I know now that recruitment is pretty much on hold for the near (far?) future and have resigned myself to the fact that it's not going to happen any time soon. A friend in the met advised me to join as a Special or PCSO as then at least i'd be in the system as it were and gaining experience and more than likely would find out ab…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.