Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tomob
    Started by tomob,

    Hello there, Does anyone know the best way to rejoin the Met. I left about 16months ago and moved to New Zealand as the police here offered me a job. I would have loved to just take a career break at the time but this was not possible so I had to leave. I have never been away from policing just have been doing it over here. I want to come back to the Met now and am wondering if anyone has done it or knows anyone that has!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. Subzero2003
    Started by Subzero2003,

    Afternoon guys! Just doing my final competency question - teamworking! I've thought about an occasion, and the best one i could think of was when myself and my 3 housemates needed to totally deep clean our house before we moved out. It seems to fit many of the positive markers very well ie. we all sat down before hand and agreed different jobs (understanding own role, cooperating with others) - i offered to Vax the living room despite knowing how much hard work vaxing is as well as removing refuse and taking it to the tip (taking unpopular task) as well as offering to help housemate clean the kitchen (offers other people help), when it wasn't my agreed role, but i did it…

  3. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi all. Just would like some clarity on a matter. I recently requested a subject application to see what intelligence my local force had on me. However am I right in saying there could be information about me on PNC which I am not allowed to see?

    • 2 replies
    • 666 views
  4. Daftbri14
    Started by Daftbri14,

    Hi All Did any of you attend the assessment centre in Newcastle last week? I for one left the assessment day with not even a slight clue on how i did!!! Missed the last few questions on the numeric test, think i did ok on the other stuff but only time will tell. how have other people, northumbria or otherwise, found the assessment day? How many marks do you need for a pass and are certain areas weighted higher than others? quite anxious to find out but a reckon it will be at least 2 weeks if not more until results time. Lets hope i have some fingers left by then!! Hi all by the way, this is my first post. Hope to speak to you all soon Brian

  5. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi all, I was wondering if there was any issue for applying to the police if you have Asthma. I was born with asthma and I have grown out of it, I haven't experienced an attack since I was about 7 and I have been discharged from my local Asthma clinic. I still have an inhaler just in case but I haven't needed it. I have achieved 11 on the bleep test in P.E lessons and have had no problem with my asthma. Although I feel that I don't have asthma as it hasn't affected me in years and I don't use an inhaler would I have to put down mild asthma on the application form and would this affect my application? Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated, …

  6. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi all, I know that to be in the Police you have to be 18 but can you apply when your 17? I have heard that in some forces you can apply when your 17 but you can only be appointed when your 18 1/2. Is this true? Does it change with each force? Any help will be much appreciated thanks

  7. janinnegibson
    Started by janinnegibson,

    Hi guy's, I've not been on here for a while but have another question and would really appreciate some advice. I'm a little woried about the maths side of the tests at the assessment centre - i'm 32 and really should be able to work out percentages but could never quite grasp it and although i have been on many learning sights, still can't...i've even bought "maths for dummies" and it frustrates me . How much of the actual score is made up from these tests and are they a huge part of your overall score? Many thanks in advance J x

    • 7 replies
    • 382 views
    janinnegibson
  8. mdeer
    Started by mdeer,

    Afternoon Folks I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind me send them in a provate message my competency examples so I could get a little feedback on how I am doing. Would anyone mind taking a look for me?

    • 2 replies
    • 414 views
    Iceman_gooner
  9. Longarm
    Started by Longarm,

    I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question. I have transferred my regular application to another force after doing my AC. The thing is my application for the first force was closed down due to force financial issues and was no fault of my own. In the mean time I was asked by the force if I had considered being a special I have now gone through the complete application for the specials PIRT, Fitness, Med and vetting and have a start date for June. This is where it gets complicated as I have transferred my regular application to another force and have got my interview in the next couple of weeks and I was wondering if I am successful at interview …

    • 3 replies
    • 461 views
  10. police_expert
    Started by police_expert,

    Hi guys, I need some advise so if someone can answer the following questions it would be very much appreciated. 1) Are MDP year round recruitment active? 2)If not when will it be active again? 3)I have just done a day one assessment with a force and would like to transfer my overal result of 54% to MDP. I passed the national standard. Would MDP take my results now? 4)If so, who do I send them to?

    • 1 reply
    • 392 views
  11. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    Hi, can you please advise. I applyed to West Midlands Police as a Special but Occupational Health failed me on the basis that i had a shoulder operation 2 years ago to prevent my shoulder dislocating as it had dislocated twice before. The operation was a complete success and I now have the same strength in my shoulder as the other shoulder. My surgeoon said it was so successful that it has the same chance of dislocating then the other one. Therefore, I appealed to Occupational Health as I felt I had a very strong case, I also included a note from my Doctor who couldn't see any problem in me joining the police force. Today, they have sent me a letter saying that the appeal…

    • 10 replies
    • 794 views
  12. uksniper
    Started by uksniper,

    Got a letter this morning telling me I am unsucessful for my request as a special. I'm almost positive this is down to my dad having a criminal record. Would it make any difference if I applied to a neighbouring force where he didn't live?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  13. mykymyk
    Started by mykymyk * ,

    Evening all I sent off my application for Merseyside Police online last night and received confirmation today that it has been received, now I play the waiting game. I applied to Lancs last year and passed the papersift but eventually decided that it would be best for me if I waited until Merseyside was recruiting again (local force and all that), so here I am. Anyone else just begun this same, long process? Anyone got any idea of what Merseyside are like with regards to recruitment time? I know Lancs are considered to be one of the quickest and having applied at roughly this time last year I was given an assesment centre date for January.

  14. thedon1546620616
    Started by thedon1546620616,

    Hey guys, Recently passed the assessment centre on the 18th Feb, for Northamptonshire. Just wondering if anyone else had recently passed for this force. HR advised that medical/fitness tests would be end of this year!? Anyone heard anything different.

    • 27 replies
    • 2.3k views
  15. kcs
    Started by kcs,

    Hello All, I am at a point where i wished that i joined the police force when i left the army 10 years ago (although i did not consider it at the time), i am now wondering if 38 is to old to join?, i know there is no upper age limit but it would be good to get some feedback from anyone who has joined or who is in the process of joining later on in their career. I am at a good level of fitness and have no worries at all about the fitness tests, it is just the question of do i have a go now or just reflect and say that i should of had a go then. thank you in advance

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.