Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. horndawg801546620114
    Started by horndawg801546620114,

    Hello, I have a TVP interview approaching soon and was wondering if anybody has had a TVP interview in the last year or if anybody has had a transferee interview in the last year for any other force? Obviously I am keen to succeed in this interview therefore would like to know what questions they ask you Any help will be great Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 794 views
    horndawg801546620114
  2. stevejames999
    Started by stevejames999 * ,

    Hi guys, Have a question that I'd like cleared up! Recently heard that a recruiting Officer may transfer on completion of passing the assessment centre??? And, can anybody tell me if and when the MOD police are likely to be recruiting??? it seems you can dowload application packs all year round! Your help and answers are much appreciated, Steve

    Paul28801546620624 *
  3. alfiecat
    Started by alfiecat,

    Just after some advice. I have spent 11mths in the recruitment process completing all stages right through to uniform fitting. I then get a letter to say "sorry but we are unable to further your application", I have taken the issues up with the force to be told that an ex relative by marriage is still an active criminal and therefore they cannot allow me to join as he lives on the force area. However he was removed from the family 8yrs ago and I have a civilian post with the force which I have held for 6yrs with no issue and 4yrs special prior to that. Understandably I am absolutely furious and feel very cheated. Is it worth appealing against? Sorry I havent given force …

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. lordmonkeyboy
    Started by lordmonkeyboy,

    :smiley_notworthy: Hello just got my letter today? Any tips or help as to what happens next? Who else is going?

  5. xkelkelx
    Started by xkelkelx,

    Hi Ya, Just wondered if there was anyone on here that works for Surrey Police on Eastern and knows about the different rotas. Kerry

  6. Lucky_7
    Started by Lucky_7,

    Hi, I am new to the forum, and have just attempted my first response to a competenacy based question on the application form. Would like to ask if anyone who has completed theses questionss sucessfully could pm me to give me some advice, and see if my answer is going in the right direction etc. Any help would be really apprechiated. Thanks xxx

    • 1 reply
    • 392 views
    Iceman_gooner
  7. reasonableforce
    Started by reasonableforce,

    I have two cautions and a disability and I would like to apply to either special constable or PCSO in the long future. In year 2005, I qualified a first caution was criminal damage. I was protecting my home and my father from a group of aggressive assailants, I handed myself in to the police station. In the year 2007 a Second Caution flourished, carrying an offensive weapon a (large kitchen knife). Carried to self harm, unbelievably, although I do have Autism, I was given a caution for carrying a large Kitchen knife! at 3am in the morning. So, fellow constables and PSCO's what do you believe are my chances of becoming a special constable or at least maybe a street w…

    • 3 replies
    • 470 views
    reasonableforce
  8. david75
    Started by david75,

    Hi has anybody got any news on when any of the following forces will be recruitng again west midlands,west mercia,staffordshire,warwickshire or british transport police wales and western i would be greatful for any news thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. Drew21
    Started by Drew21,

    Is it just my computer or has this forum gone all strange? It seems that in every topic all the posts in that topic are seperate links. I cant seem to view all the post together!

    • 3 replies
    • 501 views
  10. SierraOscar1546080999
    Started by SierraOscar1546080999,

    Hello, Could anyone clarify if you really do need to pass the numeracy test, i know it only equates to 2.5% of the overall mark, but im really stressing. Will a D mean a fail? even though i obtain the overall required pass mark? I've heard lots of different answers.

    • 4 replies
    • 352 views
  11. bassman1546620268
    Started by bassman1546620268,

    Anybody else starting 12th April? Any ideas where training will take place, I haven't had the starter pack yet... (I'm guessing Tally Ho!). Any clues as to when the introduction seminar is?

  12. O'connor
    Started by O'connor,

    Basically, I'm wondering if anyone here could help me in regards to a problem I have which could obstruct me entering the police force, despite me wanting to do it since birth. When I was young and still at school I had a hard time from other people because of my mothers sexuality, the fact she liked women aroused a lot of bullying and consequently it affected me in the long run and I had turned to friends in the wrong crowd as you may. They had constantly been in crime and had been arrested a few times, unfortunately I had unintentionally got myself involved in some of this which has ruined my life. I had found myself in Crown Court and pleaded guilty to a string of a…

    • 8 replies
    • 901 views
  13. brad007
    Started by brad007,

    Just a quick question. On my app form I have to give an example of Effective communication. The example I have is of me having to inform a collegue of mine that one of his relatives has passed away. However I'm not sure now if its a strong enough example or if it's what they are looking for as a example. I'm looking at the positives on the subject but somehow not sure if it fits the bill. Thanks again guys...

  14. churchill Cardiff
    Started by churchill Cardiff,

    Were open today from 9am sending out 500 applications on a first come first serve basis. trying to call from 9am exactly, redialling 7 times a minute for 129 minutes. finally get through at 11.09 to an automated message saying all 500 apps have been sent out......... what is this world coming too

    • 3 replies
    • 545 views
  15. Zamudio
    Started by Zamudio,

    Hi guys, sorry this is a bit of a read. At the moment I'm studing in my second year of a BSc Hons degree in Police Sciences. I have some issues with the nature of the course as I don't think it is the way I was told it was before applying. However we have found out that we will not be able to get a guaranteed job in our local force as we were led to believe. So I think when I graduate I don't think I'll be able to get in straight away due to the fact they rarely recruit. As a result of this I need to find a way of gaining relevant experience to help put me ahead of the competition when I do apply as well as some way of earning a living in the mean time. Any suggesti…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.