Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    I'm thinking of applying to join the police next year but one thing that has always held me back was my drama and acting skills, especially in school or college plays. I'm a bit apprehensive about doing the role play business if my application gets accpeted so have any of you guys got any tips to how I can improve my role playing? Also, is the role play at the assessment centre as intense as people make it out to be?

  2. jack1546620623
    Started by jack1546620623,

    Hi all, I'm just about to write up my application form, and am a bit worried about whether I should fill out my answers in block capitals or lower case? I can't find anything about block capitals in the form or guidance notes, but when I did a search on here, I found several threads where people have been talking about writing in block capitals. Yet I haven't been able to find a definitive yes or no answer!! I just don't want to fail at the first hurdle over something so trivial! Also, is it acceptable to write within the box, yet outside the lines? For example one of the sub-questions in a competency question is 3 lines long, yet with the bottom of the box below it, i…

  3. Dekiza
    Started by Dekiza * ,

    Alright so let me give you a fast version of this: - Born in england and have dual passports both in Canada and the UK - Moved to Canada when I was 7 am now 19 - Moving back to UK as dad got laid off and offered work back at his old job here I have always been interested in joining the police force and was planning to do so here until the move back came up. Will there be any difficulty in me getting in because I have dual nationality now? All I have right now is a lot of volunteer work and a high school diploma. I was thinking of taking a 2 year college course when I arrive in the UK in public service or something similar. Just looking for general info on this. I a…

    • 2 replies
    • 524 views
  4. metpol1546620446
    Started by metpol1546620446 * ,

    Have been looking through the mass of new Law books coming out, is it necessary to update these each yea? and which are the best to get Butterworths or the Blackstone ones?

  5. Slantie
    Started by Slantie,

    Can anybody help with this one? I applied to join the Met last year and got all the way to the PIRT but only got 52% and the Met required 55% or higher, because of the current freeze with the Met I did not want to wait till they restarted recruitment again. I applied for Hampshire and was knocked back at the first hurdle, what gives surely if my application form was good enought to pass the Met it should be good enought to pass for Hampshire, nothing in my life has changed over 1 year, same job, same family, same answers. Getting to long in the tooth to keep waiting to apply as 6 months seem to stretch with every recruiting freeze. Any suggestions or can I ring the…

  6. dedecker1
    Started by dedecker1,

    I have been invited to the assessment center in just over two weeks! Is it always that soon?? Does anyone know how receptive they would be about allowing me into a later group as this really isn't long enough to get time off work! thanks chris

  7. PCSG
    Started by PCSG,

    hello there, i have just recently joined to a special and am half way through my police training. I finish university this year and planned on goin travelling? how long maximum would i be able to go for and not have to go through the whole recruitment process when i get back? answers appreciated thanks

  8. Simon09
    Started by Simon09,

    Hey everyone, just called the HR team, and I PASSED! I feel very relieved and excited and a bit nervous about a new chapter of life coming up to; all at the same time! I think over the last week or so, I have kind of over-analysed my performance and fretted too much. However, I had a feeling that I hadn't overly 'cocked up' on any particular part. Anyway, thats irrelevant now Good luck to everyone who is waiting for their results. Simon

  9. Tomfromlondon
    Started by Tomfromlondon * ,

    I am a 22 year old white male from london I appled back in feb 09 from the metro. In my app i stated that i was Dyslexic and provided a statement from a college i studyed in a few years back. I got my first reply in july, stating that my Statement was of not of the standard the MET Except. My options where to go with out the statement and get a day 1 date in nov/dec or get a new statement form the dyslexic Institution. I really wanted the extra time so i went with it, it was very slow getting a the statement. all in all around 4 months to get it and sent it off to the police, also it cost me 500 pounds yes 500 pounds. So my next replay was in mid dec 09 tellin…

    • 1 reply
    • 818 views
  10. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    anyone awaiting results from TVP this week?

    • 6 replies
    • 877 views
  11. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    NATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR BECOMING A POLICE OFFICER If you would like to visit specific Force's recruitment areas, click HERE National Standards: are you eligible? In order to join any police force in England and Wales you will need to meet the criteria and national standards set out below. Age Applicants may apply to the police service on reaching the age of 18 years. You must be 18½ years before you can be appointed. There is no upper age limit for appointment but you should bear in mind that the normal retirement age for police constables and sergeants is 55 years and that new recruits are required to undertake a two year probationary period. Also that f…

  12. dave king
    Started by dave king,

    Can any one tell me if it is still 44% to pass the written for west mids? I had my ac on 21st jan 2010, any one had the same day, can not help fealing I have failed. Thanks dave king2010-01-25 07:33:31

  13. afcbournemouth
    Started by afcbournemouth,

    Hi all, I have got my assesment day this Friday (29th) and I am feeling pretty nervous!!! I was wondering if anbody had any advice or tips they would be kind enough to share. It is for Dorset Police and I have been swotting up as much as I can!!! Can someone confirm in the interview is it just 4 qeustions you are asked based around the competencies? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

  14. TVPTOV
    Started by TVPTOV,

    Hi guys, just wondering who got through on that day of fun? just found out I DID! i'm over the moon, so glad all the hard work and prep paid off! doc just signed my medical form today so hopefully not too long until the Fitness test!

  15. pcleeds
    Started by pcleeds * ,

    Hi, I'm considering transfering some time soon from leeds to bham to be closer to family, having grown up in sunny solihull. i was wondering if anyone has a a rough time scale on how long from handing the application form in to start date it would take? Cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.