Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. theduke
    Started by theduke,

    Hi there guys, Random question time. I was just wandering if you still have a passing out parade at the end of your training? I have done a quick search and can't find anything about it. Thank you

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. the devil
    Started by the devil,

    Hi ya don't know if anyone from essex is on here just wondering what the shift patterns are i Know it depends on where you are but i just wondered what sort of times the shift start and end. Also any tips on getting used to the shift patterns sleep wise!

  3. C9URK
    Started by C9URK * ,

    I passed my intial interview back in Feb this year, I know the vetting takes a while but I was wondering if anyone else who had their interview around this time has heard anything or recieved their final intervie date? Cheers

  4. The Large Portion
    Started by The Large Portion,

    Hi everyone! Who else managed to get their application in before 10AM today? (Who else got the email straight away saying they'd failed due to not getting it in on time too!) Wonder how long it'll be before we hear anything! Paul

    The Large Portion
  5. EJW1
    Started by EJW1,

    Hi, So I just really wanted to share what was happening with me and to find out if anyone from my day 1 / day 2 had got through in the March intake? - although this is possibly unlikely as it wasnt that long ago although seems like a lifetime - a patience game I know. However I applied for the Met on Sept 1st 09' got my Day 1 Oct 23rd 09', Day 2 4th Dec 09' and my vetting was all cleared by 14th Dec 09' rather quick process I thought. However, I am in the same frustration boat as everyone I assume, but where by I am stuck in a job which I loathe and would leave tomorrow if the opportunity arose - granted I am lucky to be in employment but still not the case. …

  6. alert123
    Started by alert123,

    hello, i have a security vetting interview tomorrow in the west midlands police, i dont know what to expect, does anyone know what do they ask you.

    • 4 replies
    • 906 views
  7. Aeolian
    Started by Aeolian,

    Hello all, I have been a lurker on the boards for some time, I have a medical question with regards to varicose veins, I know they are part of the questionnaire presented prior to a medical, however, I am curious as if anyone has experienced the medical whilst having a varicose vein? did it prolong your medical/application in anyway? what was the result? I have one on my leg that is not symptomatic (no aches, swelling or pain) and I lead a very active lifestyle, however, I am concerned that it may be an issue when I attend for a medical.... your thoughts are welcomed

    • 1 reply
    • 236 views
  8. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    Does anyone know of details relating to the national marking matrix used to convert scores from the PIRT test? Cheers!

    • 2 replies
    • 260 views
    Universally_Challenged
  9. Mondo87
    Started by Mondo87,

    Having started to bull my boots i was wondering on the patrol boots is it just the toe cap that is bulled to high shine. And also does anyone have any tips for a very inexperienced buller haha. Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. jessica123
    Started by jessica123,

    Hey, i've recently been going to the gym to train for the fitness test just in case I get through, I've been Reading up on maximuscle and was just wondering if anyone has used it and if they think it's a good idea as I am a little on the small side and want to gain weight also. Would you recommend it? And which one would you reccommend for someone like me to gain strength,weight and muscle? Thanks Jess

    • 25 replies
    • 977 views
  11. Active_71
    Started by Active_71,

    The only people being accepted as new PCs at present are those who have already passed the assessment centre process with Gloucestershire Constabulary Monday April 19, 2010 Gloucestershire Constabulary is to begin employing new police officers from July this year. The force has been operating a recruitment freeze since April 2009 due to budgetary restraints. At the moment 100 people who have passed the assessment to become officers with the force are waiting for spaces to become available. Those individuals are now being contacted about the decision to begin accepting new recruits, with the first intake of 12 scheduled to join the Constabulary in July 2010. Other in…

    • 0 replies
    • 361 views
  12. Masey999
    Started by Masey999,

    Hi I applied in April 2008, and was successful at the October A/C - 60%. I am now waiting to see what happens next... Anyone else out there in the same boat? Have you heard anything regarding the next stages, and possible start dates etc.? It is now 26 January 2009 and am chomping at the bit to find out more! Cheers

  13. PALLISER2010
    Started by PALLISER2010 * ,

    Hi, just joined this forum as I am going for an interview for the post of Call Handler tomorrow(!!) and wondered if anyone else has recently gone through it? I passed the assessment centre and was called for the interview soon after. It has been a while since I went to an interview and am very nervous. Have been researching on the internet all day about the role etc but cannot see any tip re the sorts of interview the Police carry out - ie skill based, competancy based questions. I really want to do well and wondered if anyone had any advice??? Thanks in advance :)

    • 0 replies
    • 668 views
    PALLISER2010 *
  14. lilchicken
    Started by lilchicken * ,

    hi i have my a/c with the city of london coming up in under a week. just wondering if anybody else on here will be attending.. or anybody already serving that can give me some advice or anything to help calm my nerves.. i keep reading and doing practice exercises but cant seem to absorb all the information (because of my fish like memory ) i know its a really bad mentality to have but because of this i am convinced i wont pass so any advice will be greatly appreciated..

    kathleen1546620395
  15. Walesmjc
    Started by Walesmjc,

    Sorted by Hector the Plumber, Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.