Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
-
Iv got my final offer for the intake in June just woundering if anyone else on here is on that one. This dont seem to get used as much any more now that the letters have been sent out to everyone giving the updates.
-
Hi everyone, I have just received an offer for a start date for June 28th. Metropolitan Police. Anyone else?
-
- 25 replies
- 3.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Here goes.. I applied to Cheshire constabulary late last year and passed the A/C in January. I am now awaiting the final in-force interview. However, I recieved a letter last week informing me that due to budget cuts, student intakes for this year have been cancelled and therefore everyone in the recruitment process will be affected. It says the interview will be no time soon and regarding the 12 months validity of my assessment pass will be extended for a further 12 months if needed. Heres the question: I live in liverpool and I'm considering transferring my app to Merseyside, how would I go about doing this and do you guys think I should? Thanks, Alex.
-
Does anyone know if the inital course at Netley is residential, or if there is space for residential? thanks for any help.
-
hey people, wonder if anyone can help me. after passing my assessment ive just been told my application to merseyside has been unsuccessful due to 'vetting'. ive looked through previous posts and cant seem to find a straight answer??????? is there anyway of finding out exactly why this decision has been made. ive read various things about finding out through 'freedom of information'. if this is correct how do you go about putting it in motion. thanks
-
The next stage is to start your foundation training. Until fairly recently, this consisted of a short stint at your force headquarters followed by up to 15 weeks at a residential training college known as a Police Training Centre (PTC). However, this is all changing now and it is very likely that you will be trained under a new scheme known as the Initial Police Learning & Development Programme, or IPLDP for short. The IPLDP was developed by the Home Office, with the help of the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO), Centrex and other key stakeholders. The principles of the IPLDP, which have been agreed nationally, are that the main responsibility for the tra…
-
-
- 8 replies
- 19.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi guys, My hubby and I are hoping to rejoin Dorset, have passed everything and just waiting on OH files etc to be sent from the Met. We were tolf that we should hear if we are in the July intake at the end of May, we are starting to panic now. Has anyone else had any experience of rejoining a county from the Met and how long all the paperwork, security clearance etc takes? Please help!! Thanks, Laura
-
- 0 replies
- 707 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I started a thread for all us potential South Yorkshire Police Constable's, I can't find a topic thats dedicated to this force giving us all a chance to help each other out and see where everyone else is in the long but rewarding process. See my sig to find out where I am in the process,
-
- 12 replies
- 1.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
We have been told we can 'Report' someone for any offence. But away from motoring, if I was to report someone, then I would not be able to interview them. For example, shoplifting; if I decided it did not warrant arrest & the store did not want RJ (we have this) then I could report could I ? However what about the interview ? The other option would be a PND ticket but I would then have to take DNA, complete a huge form for PNC etc etc When do people use the 'Report' option & PND ticket option on street & how often & for what away from motoring ?
-
The Metropolitan Police force has been criticised for spending almost £170,000 advertising for recruits before bringing in a recruitment freeze. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8589647.stm
-
Just wondering who else has applied.
-
- 176 replies
- 16.7k views
- 6 followers
-
-
We have teamed up with the Scarman Centre at the University of Leicester to bring you an online facility to enquire about studying for the following degree courses. Msc./Pgd in Police Leadership and Management (Distance Learning) Msc./Pgd in Community Safety (Distance Learning) Msc./Pgd in Policing and Social Conflict (Campus-based) You can find more details on how to enquire at: www.PoliceTrainingCourses.co.uk
-
Anyone else attend the assessment centre on the 25th April, or the 24th for that matter,? Any ideas when we'll hear any results?
-
- 6 replies
- 738 views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi people wonder if anyone can help me. it seems alot of people seem to be alot futher along the process than me and the email sent out today doesnt seem to be helping. i was still awaiting an A/C date after being informed i had been successful at the competency stage of the application. my email stated that i had been 'successful at the competency stage and was to be invited to A/C, but due to high numbers a date was still to be confirmed', today though when everyone received the email about everything being suspended i got one informing me that i had been 'unsuccessful' and that that was the end of my application. i dont know what to think/do as i had clearly been …
-
- 3 replies
- 358 views
- 1 follower
-