Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. m.rooke1987
    Started by m.rooke1987,

    Hi, I am currently awaiting my A/C date and in the meanwhile I am absolutey bricking it! I just have a couple of quick questions to those of you who have maybe attended one before or have just attended. First off is the maths test... Is it true that the maths test only accounts for 3 of the possible 123 marks? And what sort of questions should I expect? Maths has never been my strong point! And finally, I am thikning of attending a Talking Blues course in the next couple of weeks.Has anyone been on oen of these? If so how did you get on and how did you benefit. Thankyou

    • 2 replies
    • 268 views
    bobbydrake501546081223
  2. von1302
    Started by von1302 * ,

    I am at the application form stage and have filled it in so many times, so many drafts because I want it to be perfect. I have always wanted to join the police since I was 16 at the time I tried to apply to the cadets but was too young and told to get as much life experience as possible now I feel the time is right. I am now 23 and have had over 10 jobs, I see this is a positive thing as it has gave me lots and lots of life experience and made me a very mature person, as I have been in a lot of different types of working environments and worked with so many different types of people/different backgrounds. I feel like I would make an excellent police officer, due to thi…

    • 6 replies
    • 959 views
  3. SmokeyH
    Started by SmokeyH,

    Hi everyone, Have my assessment centre with Thames Valley this week. Anyone here on it or have any final words of wisedom for me!? Chris

  4. mmlozza
    Started by mmlozza * ,

    Hey folks I'm gonna be due for my medical again soon, as last time I was told to lose 2 stone and reduce my BMI. As of yet I have found it extremely difficult to achieve this! Does anyone have any dietary or exercise advice they can give me? I'm going on my exercise bike every day for 30 minutes and am lifting weights occasionally, but I feel it's the diet that's letting me down. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Please reply to mmlozza@hotmail.com.

    • 2 replies
    • 308 views
    soulfoodbabyboy
  5. kuiboop
    Started by kuiboop,

    Hi guys, I was delighted today to know that i have been short listed for PCSO in ESSEX . My worry is that my BMI is 38 and i need to take it down to 30 in about 3 weeks. I have been working hard on treadmill and watching what am eating since i applied to join PCSO. Anyone who has tips on what i shoud do, i will highly appreciate. Thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 673 views
  6. Jo 84
    Started by Jo 84,

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew what happens if you fail the bleep test first time? I have heard you get three attempts is this correct? Do you get a new date for your second attempt if so? I have my fitness next week and panicing

  7. Yorkie86
    Started by Yorkie86,

    Hi everyone, I handed my Vetting Forms back into South Yorkshire Police back in December 2009. I have still not heard anything! I lived in North Yorkshire for most of my life and have only lived in South Yorkshire for the past 4 or so years. Could this be holding me up? Or does Vetting always take so long? Hope someone can advise.

  8. Uncle_Buck
    Started by Uncle_Buck * ,

    Ladies and Gents, Up for grabs are two books and a DVD for revising for the selction process. The first is 'How to pass the new police selection system - 2nd edition' and the other is a stand alone course with book and demonstration DVD. Anyone going through the recuitment process should find them useful. These are free to anyone who has a genuine use for them. If someone wants one and not the other then ill post out separetely. Cheers J

    • 3 replies
    • 413 views
  9. silverfountain
    Started by silverfountain,

    Hi Folks, I was in the recruitment process last year, right to and through the final interview then.....I recieved a letter informing me I was unsuccessful, which of course was a dissappointment. However I am in a position where I found the reasons as to why I was unsuccessful. I had left a previous employment during investigation which was the result of an arguement between myself and another staff member....to some this up quickly, it is as petty as it sounds or so to speak, we argued, it took up working time therefore the daily duties were delayed which in turn I suppose isn't great practice. (gross misconduct). This resulted in an investigation being carried out w…

  10. Gareth_6621
    Started by Gareth_6621,

    Anyone heading to Tulliallan on Thursday for a few days?!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 283 views
  11. Gareth_6621
    Started by Gareth_6621,

    Can anyone tell me the main factors affecting policing, namely Scotland?

    • 6 replies
    • 649 views
  12. WSOp in Sept
    Started by WSOp in Sept,

    Had mine last week and passed, got a fitness test coming up. anyone else in the same boat?

  13. PC Tomo
    Started by PC Tomo,

    Hi all Wondered if any recent merpol recruits could let me know what the training is like? Got my fitness and vetting early may and getting quite excited now. Intakes hopefully are in Jun, Jul, Aug, Oct, Nov, Dec...I'm going to be moving to liverpool and just wondered the following: - how long are you at Lea Green for and what are the hours? - are you told when leave is at start of training (just for booking holidays etc? - how is your BCU decided and do you get any choice? Thank you Stacy

    • 1 reply
    • 987 views
  14. louise1546620616
    Started by louise1546620616,

    Hi guys, I failed my a/c with 58%, totally gutted. I got 73% in respect for race and diversity. 93% In oral communication and 78% for my written. I am totally gutted, as it seemed to be one area which has let me down, and I really can't understand why, as I thought that I did ok. Just wondered where to go from here, with regards to re-applying, or if I can do that. As I gather it will be another two years before Lincolnshire is recruiting. Thanks for any suggestions

  15. qqqq
    Started by qqqq,

    Hi All, I passed my fitness test some months ago and having not heard anything i called the recruitment department at TV. I was told the January '10 intake dates were now full and they had not yet been given the next lot of intake dates so could not tell me when my application would move forward Has anyone heard the same thing / does anyone have anymore information? Thanks for any replies

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.