Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SmokeyH
    Started by SmokeyH,

    Finally coming up to my assessment centre this week with TVP. Anyone on it this week as well? Any final advice from people that have done it recently?

    • 1 reply
    • 530 views
  2. peace_word13
    Started by peace_word13 * ,

    Can anybody help … it is possible to withdraw a domestic statement made to the police? … if you don’t want to processed with the case against your ex-partner as he his a good dad to his son and I seriously can’t look after this boy without him as am in full time education and working he look after this boy 5days a week included weekends. What happened can be sorted out within the family ………

  3. vinceuk08
    Started by vinceuk08,

    Evening Ive been swatting up big time on everything I can think of that I might be asked at final panel interview, Anyone got any tips, or the main things I should be reading up on. I am heading up to stirling HQ sometime next week after speaking to the desk sgt to speak to a few people, Im sure im doing the right stuff and looking up what I need but the people who have done final interviews will understand that I still fell unprepared. Thanks

  4. hm204
    Started by hm204,

    would you follow through on an order you thought was wrong? what does everybody think about this potential interview question. I am undecided whether to say yes or no.!

    • 5 replies
    • 627 views
  5. Cherrypie x
    Started by Cherrypie x,

    Hi, I have passed all of the recruitment stages (incl. initial vetting) and have verbally been told of my start date, though just waiting for it to be put in writing! The only thing I know that's left to go through is 'FINAL' vetting, and I was curious to know what this entails; what makes initial vetting any different from final vetting? Thanks in advance for any replies!!!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
  6. AmyPiggott
    Started by AmyPiggott,

    Does anybody know when the intakes for 2010 are? Thanks, Amy

    Follow The Sapper
  7. Alex1234
    Started by Alex1234,

    Hi I've just passed my AC for Norfolk and was wondering how long is it on average between AC and Final Interview Board?

  8. garfield07932
    Started by garfield07932,

    Hello all, I was just wondering if anybody could help me as I have been on the Police could you website and found no information. First of all I had a very minor heart operation over years ago now (given all clear and no symptoms since) and was wondering if anybody knew if this could cause me a problem? Thanks in advance!

    garfield07932
  9. brad007
    Started by brad007,

    I went to the even in portsmouth on March 4th and was just wondering if anyone has heard back. It's been nearly 7 wks and still no news or is this quite normal length of time.

  10. tagzy
    Started by tagzy,

    Hi everyone as you can see I'm new here. I am waiting for the next police recruitment campaign to start and was wondering if it's possible to get hold of an old or practice application form that I can fill in so I'm prepared for when a force next recruits. Many thanks,

    • 2 replies
    • 349 views
  11. jordy89
    Started by jordy89,

    I sent an application off for the August 2009 campaign and have just received news today that basically due to the number of applicants already in the later stages of recruitment they have had to discontinue my application any further, even after being told that my application had been successful and they gave me provisional day 1 dates... Anyone else had this letter from the August campaign? I can't get through to recruitment so i'll ask here does this mean that the rule for applying again in 6 months applies here at all? As I am now going to apply for Hampshire but if that rule applies then I have really been screwed over... Jordan.jordy892010-03-05 12:44:…

  12. Mersey2
    Started by Mersey2 * ,

    how long was your wait, how did you recieve the info post or email?

    • 1 reply
    • 476 views
  13. cjugirl30
    Started by cjugirl30,

    Hi I am currently a member of Police Staff and after a lot of soul searching and some discussion with a colleague I have decided to pursue a career as a Police Officer. Being in the police has always been something that interests me but a lack of confidence has held me back in the past but the recent changes within the Police Force have given me a push as I feel that remaining as Police Staff will not lead to me achieving what I want out of life. Anyway, my questions are would being Police Staff be a help or a hinderance in joining. I ask because in my experience there is a bit of an "us and them" attitude that I notice on the part of some of my colleagues. It wouldn't…

    • 2 replies
    • 551 views
  14. female bouncer
    Started by female bouncer,

    Hiya all, Just been notified that I have passd my A/C for Leicestershire constabulary. Does anyone have any advice regarding the final interview board as this will be my next stage i:e what will be asked and what I need to do some research on, any books I can get etc. All advice will be appreciated and will be received gratefully. Cheers This is how happy I am at the minute

  15. jay_boi
    Started by jay_boi * ,

    Can some please help with this situation? Am wondering if the case can be withdrawn from the court if she decided to withdraw the case…………… I and my ex-girlfriend were together for four years and we heard one child together. my son as been sick for 3days the doctors said he’s got Norovirus which will make him throw-up everything he eat. I heard an argument yesterday with me baby mother because she accused my girlfriend of poisoning my son, mainly because he stay’s with me four days a week and stay’s with her three day’s a week. Whilst we were arguing the police turn’s up, I was charge with two common assaults this morning because my baby mother cla…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.