Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Cheekydevil
    Started by Cheekydevil,

    Does anyone know when the next assessment centre dates will be for TVP?

    Cheekydevil
  2. cheekymonkeyyou1546620579
    Started by cheekymonkeyyou1546620579,

    Hi all...sorry if this has been covered before; but I have just been told that I have passed the assessment centre stage of the recruitment process and that I will invited for an interview and keyboard test. Just wondered what comes after that and so on and so on? At what point do you have fitness tests etc? Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 539 views
    cheekymonkeyyou1546620579
  3. stevie29
    Started by stevie29,

    Hi there folks i was wondering if anyone on here has the answer to this question.I want to apply to be an officer, but about 4 years ago i had just started a new job after leaving the Army, as a class 1 hgv lorry driver. Like most jobs we all get a probationary period, i had just passed my test and everything was going well but i didnt have a lot of experience i missed judged a corner and rolled a lorry i was very lucky not to be killed and there was no one else injuerd like i said i had very little driving experience with these trucks.Anyway the company that i was working for decided to end my contract as i was only on probation there excuse was i didnt have enough exper…

  4. Cheekydevil
    Started by Cheekydevil,

    I have finally got passed the referencing and wondered if there is any news on when the next assessment centre day for Thames Valley will be held?

    • 0 replies
    • 130 views
    Cheekydevil
  5. harfi
    Started by harfi,

    Good evening all, ive had a quick browse using the search facility but 'assessment centre results' brought up far to many results. Im looking to find out what the last known results needed at the assessment centre for the following forces. Nottinghamshire - South Yorkshire - Derbyshire - Leicestershire - Lincolnshire - Staffordshire - Results i mean % pass mark score needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 437 views
  6. stevie29
    Started by stevie29,

    HI all could someone help me out when i was about 10 yr old i was brought home by the police for dodging traffic on a carrageway should i mention it i served in the military and whilst stationed in Germany i was Questioned by the military police for a fight that happend in a nite club i had nothing to do with the fight but i was interviewed about it it was about 9 years ago i also was told of verbally by a policeman for driving the wrong way down a 1 way street is this a caution or not i dont no will any of this effect my entry to the police

  7. Pumpkin83
    Started by Pumpkin83,

    Hi All! I have my test coming up very soon and whilst I have been going to the gym as much as possible and playing netball reguarly, I am still worried about the strength test. Im 5ft 3.5in (that half is very important) and weigh just under 9 stone. I have been working on my upper body strength and core strength by doing various things including the seated row (32.5kg), chest press (30kg fine, a few at 35kg), assisted pull ups, work on the medicine ball, some free weights as well as rowing machine, treadmill etc. I am definitley stronger than when I started (think pushing a max of 15kg on the chest press!) and have been really lucky to have a guy that works at the gym…

    carlyjadebaldwin
  8. matthe106
    Started by matthe106,

    < ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><> So I failed my assessment centre and feel like crap, it’s the only job I have ever wanted to do, but I can’t help thinking that I’m now the wrong race to join the police, Every were I look I see so much about positive action, how they cant help you through the stages of joining but it doesn’t count for me, would I be the only one to say that I think the positive action group discriminates against one group of people in order to help another, this wont stop m…

  9. hydrogenet
    Started by hydrogenet * ,

    Does anyone knows that there is any chance to pass medical test with a curved spine? Do they look at it? My doctor said I have one, but he didn't said how big is it. Though I feel very healthy.

    • 2 replies
    • 205 views
  10. chris_hab
    Started by chris_hab,

    URGENT!!! In the competency Qs does anyone know if you can write in the space under the last dotted line of each box, it's still within the box so i think it should be fine but its not on a dotted line??????????????????????????????? I was guna draw a faint pencil line and write on that so its straight and no g's for f's go outside the box?????

  11. EL1981
    Started by EL1981,

    Hi Folks, First time I've been on in a while and just wondering if anyone can help me. Due to a change in family circumstances I am thinking about trying to transfer to Strathclyde from L and B. I have read bits and pieces about how long in service you have to be to get a transfer and I was wondering if anyone knows for sure what is needed to get into Strathclyde? I’m aware most forces are reluctant to accept you whilst within your probation. I am currently still in my probation, however the plus side is I have done my recon and I have passed the three week driving course. Any help would be welcomed. EL1981

    • 1 reply
    • 787 views
    Chrissy10 *
  12. footyfan1546620613
    Started by footyfan1546620613,

    I have just heard that I have been invited to my final panel interview having passed a/c at tullialan, and vetting. I have been reading up for a while now but I want to make sure I am looking at the correct things. Some people are saying you will get asked more force related questions and I have looked up all the information on my force, eg chief constable, divisions, head of these division, police numbers, local initiatives for each division, and I have also been looking over the 08/09 annual cc report. I have also looked at the Scottish Executive for Scottish wide information. I have some national initiatives, and the number of police officers in Scotland and how ma…

    hibee1546620559
  13. DanWun
    Started by DanWun,

    From: http://www.hampshire.police.uk/Internet/jobs/policeofficers/ Police Officers Hampshire Constabulary are recruiting for Police Officers throughout 2010. If you wish to apply to become a Police Officer with Hampshire Constabulary you can only obtain an application pack by attending a recruitment event. Our next recruitment event will be taking place on Saturday 12th June 2010 at Hampshire Constabulary's Support and Training HQ. We are prioritising those potential candidates that live in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight area. If you live within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight and wish to attend this event you will need to email us at recruiting.police…

    • 0 replies
    • 552 views
  14. Losi_Man
    Started by Losi_Man,

    Hi Guys, Basically my sitution at home etc is pretty poor. I left the British army around 7 years ago now and ive struggled with work and my credit. Ive been told in the past that this will stop me in my tracks and last time I applied it did. Has anyone else had problems? Is there no give in this rule atall? thanks for your help

    • 12 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. kitten1546620619
    Started by kitten1546620619 * ,

    Hi Everyone! Does anybody know the eyesight requirements for City of London Police PCSO? Ive heard that it is 6/36 unaided and 6/6 aided binocular is this correct? Thanks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.