Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. rhys_james
    Started by rhys_james * ,

    Hi all, I think I've posted this in the right place. I'm interested in joining the police in a few years time as soon as Ive finished my sixth form education and got fit. Currently, South Wales Police aren't recruiting paid police officers and it doesn't seem like they will be in 2 or 3 years time. However, they are recruiting volunteer police officers, special constables I believe? Would it be worth going for a position as a special constable to gain experience into policing? How would I then transfer to become a paid officer when positions become available - would I have to go through the recruitment process again? One last question, is being a police officer a rewa…

    DTM1546620096
  2. kazza03
    Started by kazza03,

    Hello....anybody attending Tulliallan next week for assessment centre? Anybody any useful tips on interview questions? kazza

  3. LittleBird99
    Started by LittleBird99,

    Hello, My form asks for all full time, part time and temporary jobs. Now I am 38 and have had a fair few jobs. I have a solid work experience that i put on my CV but have now knocked off the ones i did between about 17 and 23, as would be so long. I have also had bar jobs and market research evening jobs at the same time as full time jobs that aren't on my CV. Then there's those Saturday jobs when you were at college. Now, I know it says to put down all jobs but are they really interested that I pulled pints in a pub for 6 months back in 1998 if I had a full time job at the same time? Similarly do they want to know what I did when I was 17? I can't even remember all the…

    LittleBird99
  4. Pods87
    Started by Pods87,

    So i sent my application away last week and got word today i passed the first part. Fairly chuffed although it is a bit of a wait. 12th Aug. Has anyone else been given these dates for Tulli? Had another look over the forum and i think il buy some kind of revision papers. My fitness is pretty decent but some summer running and my football pre season should take it up a notch. Is there anything else anyone can recommend for me to do in the coming weeks/months in prep for the big days. Any help most welcome. cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 225 views
  5. LHIC11
    Started by LHIC11,

    has anyone had a def start date for the july intake yet? Thanks

  6. Chouser
    Started by Chouser,

    . . . and pray silence for the new coalition government. Hands up who thinks Police Recruitment is going to be affected by this? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8699117.stm Oh, and in case it needed further proof . . . http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280350/Public-sector-jobs-freeze-target-police-teachers.html It's very odd, because it's such a beautiful day but I can almost feel the chill of an imminent 'freeze' in the air. Brrrrrr! I'm sorry to be doom and gloom but being realistic about it things are not looking good. Again. The very best of luck to everybody in limbo land.

    • 1 reply
    • 540 views
  7. haylz55
    Started by haylz55 * ,

    I am new to this forum so firstly I'll start by saying hi :) I have a general question about my driving licence and applying for the force. My details are a little difficult as I was born in New Zealand and grew up in Australia. I was hoping to apply for the police in Australia however my due to my British partners health we have had to move to the UK. My question is about the 3 month loss of my Provisional licence when I was 20. This was over 10 years ago. In Australia, we are given 4 demerit points on our provisional licence. I lost 1 point for speeding and 3 points for another speeding fine. This incurred me to lose my P licence for 3 months. After the 3 months I go…

  8. tev32
    Started by tev32,

    Hi all I'm fairly new to this forum. I seeking some advice with regard to setting my expectations for the conclusion of my application. I've looked over many post similar to which I am looking to ask and it appears there is many mixed views on people with a drink driving criminal records. I understand I may get a variety of responses with regard to this and many may be in connection to people who have been directly affected by the result of a drink driver or know someone who might have been and I accept and appreciate your views in advance. I committed a drink driving offence back in November 2003 (aged 22) and received a £400 fine along with a 15 month driving disqu…

    • 6 replies
    • 793 views
  9. loopyloz
    Started by loopyloz,

    Hi I live in east dunbartonshire what letter of division is this - i know it has 8. I am interested in sub division of bishopbriggs and torrance. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 331 views
  10. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hey all, Anyone know when we will hear again with next update? Was supposed to be late April :0( Stu

    • 3 replies
    • 562 views
  11. LittleBird99
    Started by LittleBird99,

    Hello I am completing my application form and doing the employment history. One job a few years back i held for 3 months in a call centre but left because basically i hated it. It was also stressful in the sense that they were on your back constantly for spendiing too much time in the toilet, having a cuppa etc. I know the police is stressful too but I am sure they don't chastise you for taking more than 14 minutes 26 seconds for a 6 hour shift or something like that! Anyway, I was just going to put that my reason for leaving was that i wasn't suited to the jjob. My husband says this will sound bad. Can anyone advise? What else can I put? many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 761 views
    LittleBird99
  12. LittleBird99
    Started by LittleBird99,

    Hello I am just doing my application at the moment. My husband has two previous convictions for Drink Driving. I am declaring that I know someone with a criminal record and putting his name down. He has no other convictions. The last conviction was 1999. He realises what a total idiot he was. Will this go against me? I have no convictions or cautions - totally clean-living I am. I know drink driving is a big thing for the Police. thanks

    LittleBird99
  13. jonnybravo1546620649
    Started by jonnybravo1546620649,

    Hey. I have my Assessment Centre on 3rd&4th June and have been looking for information regarding the "Role of a Police Officer" and have been struggling. Does anyone else think what is below is a good desciption? I'm absolutely bricking it and just want to know if the stuff I'm learning is the right stuff. Cheers Job description Police officers work in partnership with the public and are in the front line in the fight against crime and the fear of crime. They are citizen-focused, responding to the needs of individuals and communities. Using the latest technology, police officers are trained to manage information and intelligence in order to secure successful court…

    • 3 replies
    • 486 views
  14. UKGreybaby
    Started by UKGreybaby,

    I have my assessment for A&S in the morning, yes I'm bricking it! My question is about the interview. Do we use the same scenarios that we used in our application form? Is the interview a way of us being able to elaborate more on our application questions, while they mark our verbal responses? Thankyou in advance, for any help given

  15. Woody1421
    Started by Woody1421,

    Hi All, Im writing up my questions for my e-application to Lothian and Borders Police (as they no longer accept paper format applications) and was wondering how to show resilience when answering the questions? I know that resilience is the abbility to recover/ "bounce back" from something bad that has happened. But was wondering how i show it in my answers. Thank you in advance. Regars Woody1421

    • 4 replies
    • 925 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.