Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    Anyone else got the set and fitness test on the 30th june ??

    • 3 replies
    • 289 views
  2. Fingerscrossed1546620627
    Started by Fingerscrossed1546620627,

    I'll quickly explain my problem 2 years ago, i tore a disk ( not too bad) in my back. Healed within 3 weeks, with the aid of a good chiropracter, i was fine. Until today. Currently, i can't walk, and can't feel my feet. Now, My brain is telling me to get to hospital in the morning if it hasnt changed. My heart is telling me to man it out, as having a torn disk on a medical will look bad. Is a torn disk a out and out rejection ???? Any advice welcome

    • 1 reply
    • 280 views
  3. standby-one
    Started by standby-one,

    Does anyone have any idea when the Met will be accepting transfers for uniform officers again? Anyone have any insider knowledge?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
    sinbin1546620641
  4. bigbri
    Started by bigbri,

    Okay, Silly question time. I am nearing my last year of service in the Armed Forces. I know that most Scottish Police Forces accept applications from Armed Forces chaps and chapess's only if they have less than one year to serve. Strathclyde, I know, are the exception to this rule, where you have to have less than six months to serve. I have seen on threads that suggest this may be extended to one year to bring Strathclyde into line with the rest of the Scottish forces. However, I am unable to get a definitive answer on this from Recruitment. They say thay are unsure what will happen but at the moment it's 6 months. If anyone has a similar situation or has an an…

    • 0 replies
    • 422 views
  5. 54321
    Started by 54321,

    Hi all I have my Met specials assessment tomorrow afternoon at Hendon and still struggling to come up with customer and community focus examples for the interview!!! I've read books etc but I've never really worked I'm that environment. PLEASE any tips? Thanks A

    • 0 replies
    • 131 views
  6. jonathan1985
    Started by jonathan1985,

    Hi i shall be starting my police training in August 2nd With beds police and was wondering if anyone has any advice and info on how they are structured and all. Regards Jon

    jonathan1985
  7. jonathan1985
    Started by jonathan1985,

    Hi i currently have my fitness test on the 21 june 2010. I also have a maths and written assessment. Could anyone give me a insight to what the Bedfordshire one is like and what to expect . Thanks

    jonathan1985
  8. lukeb1546620621
    Started by lukeb1546620621,

    Last year i applied for the PCSO's unfortunately I failed at the final interview stage I needed more life experiences. I had wanted to apply again this year but now with the freeze it's looking like a long wait. I thought about joining as a special and have the form here but i'm just wondering as you have to go through the same process am I going to get told the same thing even though this would be experience Or should I do other volunteer work to gain experience as I have interview to volunteer at local hospital next month which I was going to do aswell as apply to specials. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks lukeb

    • 0 replies
    • 148 views
    lukeb1546620621
  9. Mike.C.
    Started by Mike.C.,

    Hello to all, I am new to posting but have read through many of the topics previously but am now looking for a bit of guidance/help. I am currently filling out an application form through the Tulliallan Shared Recruitment Service Pilot and am struggling with the, "About Your Employment" Section. It says (Please give full details of all employment. Indicate whether it was full-time, part-time, vacation work or an industrial placement and provide details of specific responsibilities, experience and knowledge gained.) Which is fair enough but when you add the work experience there is no box to add this information. All there is is: Start Date End Date Job Tit…

    • 2 replies
    • 654 views
  10. chopperuk72
    Started by chopperuk72,

    Please do not quote me, but I have read this from someones elses post on another Polce Forum website Apparently this has been quoted from the Clacton Gazzette "Ambitious plans to put hunders of extra bobbies on the beat have hot the buffers, due to public spending cuts. Now 250 people, currently going through Essex police recruitment process, will be told there are no longer jobs available. The force has also admitted there will be a freeze on recruitment, with no new police officers appointed over the next 18 months." If this is true, then it is a right kick in the b******* for me, and everybody else. With hardly any forces recrui…

  11. hanja359
    Started by hanja359,

    Hi there, Just wondering, having read through peoples blogs, would you say it is essential or just beneficial to visit a police station prior to the Assessment Centre in Scotland? My understanding of this was that it was your understanding of a police officer rather than knowing everything. I am maybe just stressing. I still have time to visit but just thought i'd ask if anyone who had been at Tulliallan got asked this!

    • 2 replies
    • 333 views
  12. Mike C
    Started by Mike C,

    Hey guys and gals! I'm due to make the transition from SC to PC shortly (have my medical on 16th) and just wondered if I will get replacement kit? I will obviously receive extra shirts and trousers but things like my belt kit coats etc are still in reasonable condition so would seem like a bit of a waste of money to replace them. Just wondered whether anyone else on here made the transition and what your experience was. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. carinder1546620652
    Started by carinder1546620652 * ,

    Hi I am a student officer Can anyone tell me How to Make a banner This is a Banner i want on the here can anyone help me

    carinder1546620652 *
  14. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    One of my friends are going to apply to Thames Valley Police to become a PCSO, he asked me what do they check altogeather on your application, befor letting you know if you have passed the competancy questions. E.G If you actually live at your address. References. Hm forces involvment. Education. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 607 views
  15. jonnybravo1546620649
    Started by jonnybravo1546620649,

    Hey I have my AC on Thursday/Friday this week and am just wondering if anyone could tell me if they think there's anything I've missed or advice. So far I have covered: - Current operations in force I'm applying to with solid examples and able to explain what ones I'm saying are. - Issues/Factors affecting the police and which ones are affecting my local force inparticular. - The training process at Scottish Police College if I were to get through. - Facts on my local force like CC, DCC, amount of residents, amount of police officers, police staff, specials and all divisions and their HQs - Examples of core competancies of Team Working, Effective Communication, Div…

    • 2 replies
    • 335 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.