Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. hass1980
    Started by hass1980 * ,

    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on why the Pre-selection Assessment is different to the PIRT ?? I have been told that the Pre-selection Assessment will consist of spelling and grammar tests, written exercise and group interview. How come there is no role-plays or numeracy test??

    • 0 replies
    • 120 views
  2. Kwik
    Started by Kwik,

    how long is your assessment pass valid for ?

    • 1 reply
    • 231 views
  3. george312
    Started by george312 * ,

    I first applied to join the police 3years ago. Having passed the application, I attended the interview and assessment centre, which is when everything started to slow down. Over the next two years I was told I'd been successful at the assessment centre, they had done the background and security checks and I awaited my medical. I had problems at this stage due to colour blindness but was cleared for everything but traffic. At this stage they told me the application process had changed and I now needed to go to another interview. Having done this (three years after being told I only had my medical and physical left to do), they sent me a 4 line letter telling me I had b…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. missd83
    Started by missd83,

    hi, i am in search of other TVP applicants who might be able to advise me how long roughly the wait list is for a fitness/medical date? i passed a/c in march, did my forms with GP and had them back by beginning of april, TVP then wrote for further info from GP which has been sent back today. Assuming theres no issue with what the GP has written, any ideas how long i should expect to wait now? i keep calling to ask but they never really know thanks! x

    • 5 replies
    • 383 views
  5. hanja359
    Started by hanja359,

    Hello, I just wondered whethe the follwing link Police Practice Papers is genuine and legal? I was planning on getting one set of the papers as they are pricey for the job lot but if anyone knows who has bought these in Scotland please let me know if they are A. ok and B. helpful!! Thanks very much.

    • 8 replies
    • 429 views
    Joss1546620652
  6. suzwhite
    Started by suzwhite,

    Just been invited for my Final Panel Interview for Lothian and Borders on 17th June! Very excited but extremely nervous at the same time!! Any advice anyone?

  7. Guest lucas_lizak
    Started by Guest lucas_lizak,

    does someone knows if i can pass my medical test even if i have curved backbone ????

    • 1 reply
    • 214 views
  8. lucas_lizak
    Started by lucas_lizak,

    does someone knows if i can pass the medical test if i have curved backbone ?

  9. officerzz
    Started by officerzz,

    HI ALL. WHEN I WAS DOING MY INITIAL FINTNESS TEST MY ANKLES AND SHINS STARTED TO GET EXTREME PAIN WITHIN 3 MINS OF RUNNING. I TOOK THE WISE CHOICE, LOL, AND KEPT CONTINUING THROUGH THE SEVERE PAIN AND PASSED THE TEST!! HOWEVER, EVERYTIME I GO INTO THE GYM NOW AND STEP ON A TREADMILL AND START RUNNNING I KEEP GETTING EXTREME PAIN IN MY ANKLES AND IT STARTS WITHIN A MINUITE OF RUNNING!! PLEASE HELP ME GUYS AS IM FEARING THE TIME WHEN I'LL HAVE TO SIT THE FINAL FITNESS TEST... ALSO, I DONT THINK ITS SHIN SPLINTS CAUSE I GET THE PAIN WITHIN A MINUITE OF RUNNING. AND ALSO, I HAVE FLAT SOUL SHOES AND HAVENT CHANGED THEM YET AS IM NOT SURE IT'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. THANKS.

    Ello_ello_ello
  10. Rebecca82
    Started by Rebecca82,

    I've just applied for a transfer to Avon& Somerset, after 4 years with Greater Manchester Police. I'd be interested to hear from any officers who can tell me more about this force - particularly how uniform roles are organised in the Bristol area, how performance is measured...and even advice on areas to live. Any advice would be much appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 661 views
    johnnypbristol *
  11. Lucky_7
    Started by Lucky_7,

    I have recently booked my place on one of the Talking Blues course. Just wanted to ask anybody that has been on this what their experience of the day was like, who else came along (first time applicants, specials, etc), and if you enjoyed the day? Any opinions you have would be great, and prepare me for the upcoming day!!!

    • 5 replies
    • 549 views
  12. ryanv
    Started by ryanv,

    I was just wondering if anyone else is in this same position, recieved my letter back in mid may and looking at some posts i can see alot of people have went very quickly to SET, i applied at the start of march and iam curious to see if anyone else is thinking that there post man is playing with them aswell, he only brings me junk mail

    • 3 replies
    • 295 views
    Claire251546620654 *
  13. police_expert
    Started by police_expert,

    Hi All, I am very sincerly sorry for you all who have had today the phone call from the MET HR informing you your application has been binned. The good news is that BTP next year will recruit depending availabilty. MDP will recruit as soon as possible depending on their budget review that they are doing at the momment.I have heard rumours it may not be as bad as first thought. People who have had their application binned look at other forces if they are recruiting although it's very very limited in the climate we are in. Regards

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Hardstylemw
    Started by Hardstylemw,

    As one of the many people waiting for a start date, I was wondering if anyone has gotten any letters/calls since the letter we all got at the end of march?

    • 1 reply
    • 980 views
  15. johnwelsh88
    Started by johnwelsh88 * ,

    I am currently serving in the Regular Army, Infantry. I would like to apply to join the police force, preferably Cleveland or Durham. However i do not know where to start, and with the army needing one year notice of resignation i would not know when to resign or how long the application process takes. I would be very greatfull to hear from anyone who could give me information and help on the recruiting procedure. There are a lot of questions i would like to ask such as information on Armed police units, and the track of promotion. I also have a none offensive tattoo of latin writing on my right forearm will this be a major problem? Thanks to all those who may be of he…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.