Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi, Is anyone going to the assessment centre in June this year???
-
- 13 replies
- 599 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, First of all great site with heaps of info, I have just received confirmation that I have an interview for a detention officer and was wondering, if anyone had any information on the next stages???? Also Is there a fitness test ?? Many Thanks Jay
-
- 14 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding my application and was wondering what your thoughts are as I know many of you may be in the same position as myself. I have passed most stages of the recruitment process (Day 1, Day2, Vetting) and am now currently waiting for my references to be sent out before I can get a start date. I was told on my Day 2 to expect them to be sent out in 3 months time (December 2009) and after that to expect an estimated 6 months to start which would bring me to a start date of around June / July 2010 (next year). If that is the case, then I am going to get a job until then because I do not fancy being skint! I was told during my Day 2 this w…
-
-
- 514 replies
- 85.2k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi all I'm new to the forum and thinking of applying to become a police officer. I noticed that the hampshire constabulary website states that they will be recruiting throughout 2010 but the recruitment even on 12th June is fully booked up. Does anyone know when the next events are likely to take place? Or how many officers hampshire are looking to recruit this year? What is the likely timescale from application to appointment (assuming each stage is sucessful!) Finally, how many people attend the recruitment days and assessment centres and what is the success rate? Thanks in advance
-
- 8 replies
- 989 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Does anybody know what the training times are for the classes at bishopgarth and huddersfield uni?
-
Hi guys, im new on this board so hello I attended the recruitment day for hampshire on saturday and im now in the process of filling out the application forms. My big worry is my sick record from my current job which is pretty bad to be honest, but not through skiving but due to a slight health issue that is now fully resolved and is no longer a problem. from memory I think I have had around eight sickness periods in the last twelve months, should I be worried? do I need to do anything before sending in my application and, at a stretch, will they even check? Cheers, Dan.
-
In the Scottish forces sections I have come accross people mentioning a 'Home Visit Interview', just curious to know what this entails and if I have applied to L&B will I need one? Thanks in advance
-
I'm looking at putting an application into Strathclyde in about a year (long time, I know, but I need to make sure I'm physically capable and I want to finish my degree first =]). The only problem is it's asking about details of my mother - I have not spoken to her in nearly 2 years, I do not have a phone number for her and I certainly do not have an address for her. I don't have any contact details for anyone on her side of the family or any of her friends. Basically, unless she decides to get in touch with me within the next year I have no way of finding out anything about her and, without trying to be too grim, I don't even know if she's alive or not. Would this be a p…
-
Hey! I'm in the process of filling out my application and had my eye test done yesterday. I wear glasses or contact lenses at all times. The standard for uncorrected Binocular vision in 6/36 but mine is 6/240. The optician advised me that, at times, if you tick all other boxes they sometimes overlook this and it's at the discretion of recruitment. So, I filled out the query form on the police website asking if I should apply or if I would immediately be turned down as I don't meet the requirement. The response I got was just to confirm that I don't meet the requirement and no mention if this is an immediate knock back or not. I then phoned the recruitment helpline …
-
- 5 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All Does anyone know when MDP will restart recruitment for Police Constables? The last time I spoke to someone in MDP HR she said they would wait to see who the new government is and see the outcome of their budget review(this was before the general election). So does anyone know the outcome of their budget review? I have read that MDP budget situation MAY not be as bad as first thought. I hope that is good news. This is my opinion: I think MOD needs the MDP for reasons of security so I believe it will be unlikely they would be disbanded even though MOD will have to suffer from budget cuts but I believe it will not effect frontline services as it would not be pop…
-
Hi guys, can someone tell me how you find out the exact dates of any cautions I may of had in the past? my local station say that I must fill out a form and apply, but its a six week wait which is no good to me if my forms have to be back in in 13 days! anyone help? Dan.
-
I've recently become qualified as a Special in Surrey, where they are still piloting the PLC course for the regulars. My course as a special is the first to be run in line with the same sylabus as the regs. I've been hearing a lot of rumours that, with this new course that they're doing for the specials it could work to negate the need for us to go through the PLC. My class is the first in the country to graduate from this new sylabus so obviously it's all very brand new and probably has alot of work to be done on it, but I was wondering if there's any one out there who knows something I don't as to whether or not people who do the course I've done as a special will need …
-
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while, I was called into occupational health in feb this year after telling them I had a slight hearing problem in my right ear. I took the hearing test and I failed, I was so gutted but determined that this wouldn't stop me getting in. I went to see a consultant and was told I have a rare hearing problem called 'blunting', the consultant told me`he could operate but there would be only a 60% success rate. I decided to take the chance and loged an appeal with West Mids Police, they accepted this and now I'm 8 months down the line. I have had my operation(5 hours long and 3 weeks off work with a massive head and lots of stitche…
-
Hi- In both 2005 and 2006 I received a penalty notice for non payment of car tax. Both times, I paid the fine and it was marked as an out of court settlement. I am now applying to join the police and need to declare all previous convictions. Would this be deemed a conviction? I basically don't know whether I should declare it on he application form. DVLA say it's not a conviction but should I declare it in the interest of honesty?
-
Got my S.E.T. on friday 18th, anyone have any last minute words of wisdom?