Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. officerzz
    Started by officerzz,

    HEY ALL. I passed my set/fitness test on 21 may 2010. how long approx do i have to wait until i get my initial inteview date?? cause some people get thier dates within 3 weeks. and also, how does the interview work?? and any major tips would help. thanks. also, wht do i ask the probationary officer when i visit my local police station and what website is the best to visit to get all information i need. thanks again!!

    • 0 replies
    • 247 views
  2. thepeachroom
    Started by thepeachroom,

    Does anyone know the current assessment centre % pass mark for the following force? Devon & Cornwall Avon & Somerset Gwent Dorset Hampshire Thanks

    thepeachroom
  3. police_expert
    Started by police_expert,

    Hi All Does anyone know when MDP will recruit again and when will their current situation change? I was told a review on recruitment will begin after the election which I have found no outcome as yet so does anyone know the outcome if a review has taken place? It has been said by a couple of people, ''the situation they are in are not as bad as they first thought,'' which could only be good news. Has anyone else heard the same statement? Many Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 480 views
    police_expert
  4. aw92331545925621
    Started by aw92331545925621,

    Hi, Just got my scores back from an application I made ages ago to Gwent. Was wondering how the scores break down. I though they were graded A, B, C etc. but mine are numerical. Any ideas? Cheers, Andy

    aw92331545925621
  5. Aw92331546620630
    Started by Aw92331546620630,

    Hi, Just got my scores back from an application I made ages ago to Gwent. Was wondering how the scores break down. I though they were graded A, B, C etc. but mine are numerical. Any ideas? Cheers, Andy

    Aw92331546620630
  6. pizzahutboy
    Started by pizzahutboy,

    Hey guys, If you are applying to a job and need to put pen to paper, consider converting the job application into a electronic form that you can type directly onto. You might think why? Because a typed up form is neat and consistent, unlike some peoples hand writing. They will have no problem reading it. It looks very professional and will stand out against all the other hand written applications. (the interview panel at avon and somerset constabulary all asked how I did it) http://www.iEffortless.com Free for a limited time!

    • 2 replies
    • 603 views
    sykes1545925530
  7. czechplastik
    Started by czechplastik,

    Hello there, Unfortunately my greetings are tinged with sadness. I was dismissed after 5 years service earlier this year. It was for performance issues, in particular paperwork, not inability to do it, just keeping on top of the sheer volume of it, along with full time response duties in a depleted section. I have never been disciplined for any issues in the past. Why I am here isn't so much of importance but what I want your views on is the legislation that prohibits Police Officers from claiming unfair dismissal at an industrial tribunal. Some of you may know this already, some may not, but a piece of legislation over 50 years old prevents us from lodging a claim of u…

    • 8 replies
    • 7k views
  8. liam_twin
    Started by liam_twin,

    Hi All, apologies if this post is repeating a previously answered question. I have a criminal conviction from over 10 years ago, (I was 19) its now in a status of "spent". Its was a complete drunken mistake, want to this day i deeply regret. I lifted a mobile phone when i was drunk which turned out not to by mine, in my drunken state i made a few phone calls on it and then throw it away. The police then arrested me and i pleaded to guilty to the charge of phone theft and theft of airtime. I am deeply ashamed by this act. Can anyone help me in understanding me if this would hinder my application to the force? I currently work for the council and have pass…

  9. smiddit
    Started by smiddit * ,

    Hi folks. Just wondering if someone could clear this up for me. I'm going to be applying to Tayside police quite soon and my eyesight is -2 in each eye, I've read the topics on here but everyone seems to talk in different numbers!! Is this acceptable or do I need to consider laser surgery? Any help much appreciated. Thanks, Brian.

    hibee1546620559
  10. smiddit
    Started by smiddit * ,

    When I was 15 (I'm now 28) me and a group of friends were out watching an older guy we knew fire a blank firing handgun in a deserted park. Thinking we were well away from civilisation and not doing any harm apart from a loud bang we watched for a while as any male teenager probably would have. Then the police turned up and everyone ran apart from me and the older guy. We were taken to the police station where my details were taken and then I explained I hadn't fired the gun and had only been watching and was allowed to leave. The police then came to my parents house with the gun to show my parents what I had been up to and that was the end of it. I'm seriously worried…

  11. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Hi Poopers! Just wondered if there is anyone going for Cheshire PCSO? It was the seminar in Apr, I've have letter to say I've passed the application and after talking on the phone(I had to ring, they spelt my name wrong)! I aksed if the assesment centre could be July / Aug time and the guy said that sounds quite likely. Any takers?!

    • 0 replies
    • 339 views
    Mr So Special
  12. googlebasher
    Started by googlebasher,

    6 montha ago i failed my AC and this time ive recieved my information pack and it seems the names of the roleplay excercises are identical! They wouldnt give me the same excerises again .....would they?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Mr So Special
  13. captain black
    Started by captain black,

    Hi everyone, after watching the news yesterday about where the cuts are going to be made to save £6bn, I was wondering if all Police recruitment is going to be frozen as part of the Civil Service recruitment freeze?

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Mr So Special
  14. police_expert
    Started by police_expert,

    Hi All, This year MOD budget of 36 billion pounds will not be cut although 25% of the budget in future will be cut and it will come from administration and beaurocarcy. Will this be good for the MDP? Does anyone know when the MDP current recruitment situation will change and recruitment begin again? Home Office police budget will now be cut by 130 million pounds from 6 billion leaving the budget total 5 billion 8 hundred and 70 million. Met would also face a cut but there budget comes from the mayor of london and the numbers has not been disclosed to my knowledge. Luckily the MDP does not get any money from the Home Office. I was told by someone who works in recruitme…

    • 2 replies
    • 509 views
    police_expert
  15. pizzahutboy
    Started by pizzahutboy,

    Hey guys, Just incase anybody here wanted to apply to any Avon & Somerset Staff vacancies be sure to check out http://www.iEffortless.com the electronic form will make it so much easier to apply to multiple vacancies as all your details stay the same the only section you might need to change is the section where you write about your skills and behavioural competencies. Check out the preview here; http://www.iEffortless.com/preview.pdf (it will also make you stand out from the other hand written applications, trust me, been there) This doesn't just apply to Avon and Somerset by the way, it applies to any job application that you have.

    • 0 replies
    • 242 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.