Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Thomas88
    Started by Thomas88,

    Good Morning All, I'm looking to apply to Central Scotland Police shortly and I've noticed that it is shift work. What are shifts like? As I have never worked them before. I have only really worked Mon-Fri 7-5. Is the job enjoyable? I can imagine it would also be a lot of hard work and is a big commitment, even whilst off duty. Also, once you have completed to years, do you then have the option to specialise? Thanks, Thomas.

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  2. KLDawson
    Started by KLDawson,

    hey everyone! im soon to send off my met police application.. and im starting to think about the fitness test. at college i heard that the bleep test had been taken out...is this correct? and what are the requirements for the running section if anyone knows?? thanks! KLDawson x

    Vicarinauniform
  3. police_expert
    Started by police_expert,

    Now we have the results of the Uk election of 2010 with the outcome of a Hung Parliament. Now there is a negiotation between the Tories and Lib Dems. I have just heard what David Cameron had to say about a coalition with the Lib Dems which looks promising. Who thinks Tories and Lib Dems should go into coalition? From what I heard from the news conferance by David is that the Tories will work together with the Lib Dems(if there is an agreement) on their manifesto and help them get most of what they want. It's what I have understood. Lib Dems want 3000 more police officers on the streets with more money going into the police and paperwork being cut and unecessary resource…

  4. deadleg
    Started by deadleg,

    Ive been thinking of joining the police for ages now and the urge is still as i was a year ago. Still studying at uni atm though but only a year left maybe less depending on these exams :whistle2: Just wondering if policemen off duty are allowed to go clubbing or get drunk? what would happen if an officer was to get a drunk and disorderly caution/offence? Not that Iv'e every gotten one. Have you had to make any personal life changes? I mean if i saw a police officer I knew off duty, smoking weed or getting lairy, dancin down the road, I would be "ello ello ello". Personally not thinking anything wrong with it unless it gets out of hand. thankyou

  5. littleun1546620628
    Started by littleun1546620628 * ,

    Hi guys I've got my A/C in 3 weeks, getting quite nervous now. I've been reading about medicals and eye testing stuff, luckily I don't have a problem there. It's my hearing - I wear hearing aids in both ears. Does anyone know if this will hinder my chances of getting into the force? One of my colleagues used to work at Tulliallan and he doesn't seem to think there would be a problem because they're not allowed to discriminate now. Is this right or are my chances really hindered now? Thanks Jen

    • 1 reply
    • 156 views
  6. WSOp in Sept
    Started by WSOp in Sept,

    Hi, anyone got their results back from a/c at ryton in march 2010? I got 64%! just wondering if anyone knows how many passed and when the interviews are scheduled for.

    • 4 replies
    • 270 views
  7. Alexrvf
    Started by Alexrvf * ,

    Hi all im currently filling out my secruity check form, and i just had a question about the sponsers, question is who can go as my sponsers ? if anyone could help that would be great.

    • 0 replies
    • 881 views
  8. police_expert
    Started by police_expert,

    I have read on this forum that under special circumstances day one assessment results are valid for 2 years. Recession is a special circumstance? I have emailed NPIA for a clarification. Is this true or a false statement that I have read? Who is waiting to transfer their day one assessments to a force?

    • 3 replies
    • 615 views
  9. Nat1
    Started by Nat1,

    Hi, I am just waiting for a start date for merseyside- may take a while as recuitment been put on hold! :-( just trying to work out what my net pay would be when i join. As i will be taking a pay cut i need to know what i will be left with eachmonth when i join so i can make sure i can afford my mortgage etc...... Does anyone know what % of wages will have to be paid into the pension scheme? Just wanting to see if anyone else has looked into this? Thankyou for your help

    • 1 reply
    • 711 views
    bobbydrake501546081223
  10. TomG1546620647
    Started by TomG1546620647 * ,

    I'm 18, never had a job before, currently on the dole (actually do want a job though). God knows when my local police force is recruiting again, so I was wondering if any of you know of any jobs that would look good on my police application when they finally do recruit.. I was thinking maybe CCTV operator or something..

    • 2 replies
    • 440 views
  11. Follow The Sapper
    Started by Follow The Sapper,

    Hi all Given the number of members asking for advice on fitness training; this link will give you access to a 6 week fitness programme created by the Scottish Police College, although I am sure it will also be of help to our cousins South of the border!! http://www.tulliallan.police.uk/recruitment/documents I can't find the original post so don't know the original poster, big thanks anyway as it helped with my training. REgards

    • 0 replies
    • 285 views
    Follow The Sapper
  12. Hawkmoon269
    Started by Hawkmoon269,

    Evening all.. Just joined the site, read a couple of the threads and picked up on/noted some comments made. Applied to TVP in their window back in March. Just wondering if anyone out there has heard yet on if they've been successful or not in the papersift or if anyone has got an A/C date yet. Perhaps it's still too early.. Regards..

  13. marty77
    Started by marty77,

    Hi guys, just looking for some advice. I have my initial fitness test in two weeks time and am struggling with the 1.5m run. Ran it in 13 min on Saturday but yesterday and today really struggled and had to stop mid way through with some back pain. Long distance has never been my thing as I play football and stop start is usually the way. Any advice at this late stage as to what I should be doing to chop that extra minute off? Thanks in advance for any advice.

  14. claire688
    Started by claire688,

    Hey All, Just thought I would post on here that I passed the A/C for TVP, woop woop!! Can't believe it as I was convinced I had failed. I got 60% overall which was cutting it a bit fine. I will be celebrating tonight, hope everyone else who was there on the day passed aswell. Big Smiles Claire

    • 5 replies
    • 353 views
  15. Tammy1546620647
    Started by Tammy1546620647 * ,

    Hey guys i have my assessment centre 2 day on the 27 May :) going for Central Police in Scotland! Has anyone else got that date? Oh & can anyone help me prepare, apart for the set papers & fitness. I mean for the CTT & Interview parts Thanks Tammy

    Scotia1546081133

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.