Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. vickyfield
    Started by vickyfield,

    Hi I have a 2.1 degree in Criminology and Psychology and currently studing a Masters in Forensic Criminology. I would like a career in the Police and are interested in their fast track graduate scheme. Does anyone know how I apply to get on this scheme. Thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  2. hm204
    Started by hm204,

    hi all, i was wondering how a history of self harm might affect an application? - nothing on medical records as far as i know.. id be interested to hear your views. many thanks

    sykes1545925530
  3. Ash3
    Started by Ash3,

    I had my final interview on Tuesday, and I'm waiting for my results through the post. And the wait is killing me! I don't think I did that well to be honest, but I just want to know either way!! Any idea how long they usually take?

    • 3 replies
    • 306 views
  4. pat89
    Started by pat89,

    the date of this topic was the day I found out my brother was convicted of growing 12 cannabis plants in his household. I do not live with my brother and I have little contact with him. Unfortunately I found out he was convicted by reading the local telegraph. The issue, apart from all the stress is that I have an on going application for the city of london police, I only have my vetting to go which i sent my forms off in February and have a potential start date of August or november. How will this affect me, will I fail vetting and lose all this progress?

    • 5 replies
    • 770 views
  5. bakedbeanleg
    Started by bakedbeanleg,

    Hi guys just a quick query if anyone has done the fitness test at ecclesfield police training centre! I have my fitness test tomorrow at 17.00 and I'm completely panicking now!! Just wondered how things generally happen down there? Do you do the run in a gym/outdoors on a court? Do you do the run first or the push/pull? Are there shower facilities? Do you turn up in what you want to wear for the test or change when you get there? Sorry for the complete lack of knowledge, but was only told of test on thursday, so no written confirmation of what to expect on the day. Just wanted a little info to put my (very nervous) mind at ease...Thanks!

    TopLoader1546620233
  6. ed87
    Started by ed87,

    Hi, I have my assessment centre next week, and managed to locate the dyno machine in Glasgow and get a practice on it today. I thought I would have been ok as I have been chest pressing/doing back pulls at around 35 kg so I was hoping this would be good enough! When I tried the push test, I passed it each time once I figured out the technique(I tried the test about 10 times lol), still managing to get an average of 40 kg even on later trys when I was a bit sore (I need 39 kg on both average). However, the pull part is another story! I didn't have a specific technique for this except pull as hard as possible, and I found that I kept averaging at 38 kg. The first pull of …

  7. presidentbush
    Started by presidentbush,

    Hi, A little bit of advice/opinions would be appreciated. I am currently waiting for a start date for D&C Police as I have passed day 1, day 2, fitness & medical etc, but am now deciding whether or not to pursue any further. By working for the police I will be taking a reasonable pay cut and at the moment I am trying to balance out money verses a job I think would be very rewarding personally and also would provide long term security for myself and my family, but also have to look at the financial side of things. After talking to several police officers they all seem fairly negative due to all the paper work and “red tapeâ€, which impacts the job every day. I…

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  8. admisc
    Started by admisc,

    Sorry if this goes on a bit, but I want to give as full a picture of my situation as possible, and any advice would be much appreciated. I am a 20 year old guy, at the moment I'm coming to the end of my first year at University. I haven't really enjoyed this year much, and am not sure if I want to come back next year. I am interested in joining the Police, but my local force, Devon and Cornwall, says on their website that they are not currently hiring, and the situation will not be reviewed until January 2011. Further to this, I have been reading posts from people on here saying that the application process can take up to 3 years. I haven't yet arranged for anywhere to …

    Aw92331546620630
  9. tommass
    Started by tommass,

    Hey guys. Been a lurker for way too long, finally signed up, so hi :) Basically I have applied for the Communications Officer recruitment drive for the Met I've got an appointment later this month. I know somewhere in the region of 100,000 have applied for 150 jobs, so I've got a huge chance getting the job Just wondering if any of you guys had any tips or advice, would be greatly appreciated! Cheers T

    • 7 replies
    • 700 views
  10. Amie Louise
    Started by Amie Louise,

    http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41586 I just read over on another forum - that someone received the dreaded letter on Saturday - not good news take a look at the link!!

  11. abberbob
    Started by abberbob,

    Hi All, I have my assessment days in approximately 6 weeks on February 26th & 27th up at Tulli. I was wondering if anyone can help me with training for the push pull. I go to the gym on a regular basis, but I've been trying to focus on my Cardio for the last year. I've shed a few stone in preparation for my application. I'm well broad shouldered and chested and naturally quite strong, I'm currently working on dumbell bent arm flys, and presses at 20kg and straight arm Flys at 15kg. I tend not to bench with a bar as I'm not fully comfortable when I do, and I don't train with any one to spot me. I also do press ups at reps of 20 - 30, and dips on a kitchen counter c…

    • 18 replies
    • 674 views
    Follow The Sapper
  12. m.rooke1987
    Started by m.rooke1987,

    Hi everyone.. I am awaiting a date for my assesment center so in the meantime I have booked onto a 'Talking Blues' course. Has anybody had and experience of these courses?Maybe you have been on one or know of someone who has. I am really nervous about my assesment and hopefully this will settle my nerves and make me alot more confident on the day! Thankyou.

    • 5 replies
    • 307 views
  13. Mackers
    Started by Mackers,

    Hi there, I've been checking out the forum for weeks now seeing how the recruitment process is going for everyone else around the UK. Is anyone out there applying to Cumbria? There must be some people out there because I'm in a waiting list! I passed A/C in Jan and am now waiting for medical and fitness. How's anyone else doing? Any Cumbrian applicants following the same lines? I'll be honest I'm not fussy, I'll chat to anyone me. This waiting game's fun isn't it? Personally I prefer Twister but hey ho...

    Lantern Rouge
  14. wannabesearge
    Started by wannabesearge * ,

    I have received acknowledgement of my recent application to join my local force (Strathclyde). I am thrilled to have the chance to prove myself now at the next stages however I have an issue I require some advice on. When I was 16, around 15 years ago, I was cautioned for smoking a cannabis joint with some friends. I was driven to a station where my details were taken, some questions asked, then I was released without being charged. This was the end of the matter as far as I am concerned. My questions are should I be worried about this affecting my application? And would such a thing be recorded anywhere? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

    Ryk1546620256
  15. Snooky
    Started by Snooky * ,

    Doe's anyone know whether not dotting i's on your written exercise counts as a grammar mistake? I ran out of time on my first exercise and realised I hadn't dotted my i's. I made sure on my second exercise that I did but I'm worried I might have failed as I think there may have been a few. Can anyone help?

    • 0 replies
    • 266 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.