Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Hi there, I've got a copy of the 15 meter bleep test (Thanks Black rat, who I think pinned it)and there's a couple of bits I'd like to clafiry. When it starts, there's a double bleep and says level 0ne. I'm guessing you start on the double bleep? Then when you hit level 2 after 7 shuttles there's another double bleep and it sayd level 2. I'm guessing that it is continuous and you don't stop in between the levels? I've scribbled down the shuttles per level and does anyone know if these are correct amounts? Just no point in practising something which is wrong! Thanks - Level one (taking start from the first double bleep) – 7 shuttles Level two – 8 shuttles Level…

    • 5 replies
    • 489 views
  2. Eddie_Alex
    Started by Eddie_Alex,

    I have my medical on Wednesday and Yesterday morning my nose was really bunged up and I had a painful sore throat. This morning my throat is still pretty sore, voice can be very deep at times and it's very dry so I keep trying to relief it, gonna buy plenty of soothers and stuff for it today. My nose is still pretty bunged up too. I just wondered with the Medical Being so close, could this affect the outcome? It's only a temporary issue, I rarely suffer with a mild sore throat, and rarely have a cold.

  3. kuytd
    Started by kuytd * ,

    HI. I have an assessment day on Friday for Wiltshire PCSO, it says group discussion and group physical problem exercise. Does anyone know any more about what the physical part would be, or be able to offer any advice as to how I prepare for this day? Thanks in advance......

    • 2 replies
    • 513 views
  4. Polizist1546620659
    Started by Polizist1546620659 * ,

    Hi, my name is Mike, 24 years, and a serving German Police Officer with 2 years service. As part of my training I'm required to carry out research into Police Procedures and submit a report. To this end, I'm researching the Scottish Policing System and Probationary Constable Procedures. Do you know any useful sources where I can find information? Thank you.

    • 1 reply
    • 640 views
  5. shahzadh
    Started by shahzadh,

    Hi there in school we done a bleep test and i got 8.4 just want to know is that good or do i need to improve? Thanks

  6. Webby1546620659
    Started by Webby1546620659 * ,

    Evening all :wink: Read the forum on occasions, took the plunge. I, like many others have been waiting for a year and a half to join the MET police, and subsequently received the phone call informing me my app had been dropped etc etc. Gutting wasnt the word. Anyway im trying to take heed of my own situation and decide what i wanna do with my life / career, and at the moment im unsure whether to give up on the police dream and pursue a different line of work? All they are offering us 'Binned' is to become a special and maybe in a year / 2 years or maybe 3 we will get the opportunity to become full police. The idea of them keeping me on hold and messing me around fo…

    • 4 replies
    • 539 views
    Stamford Hill guy
  7. EKMSC
    Started by EKMSC,

    How long is the "Compact" training? (Obviously not the 23 week course). Just trying to work out if I have enough holiday at work! Thanks in advance you helpful bunch!

    • 11 replies
    • 881 views
  8. deebee
    Started by deebee,

    Hi guys, I recieved my application forms from hampshire last week, I printed off all of the application paperwork so i could start to roughly fill it out. Ive now done this and i need to print off another copy to fill out "in best" but i cant find it anywhere in the e mail i was sent!! everything else seems to be there but i cant find the actual application form. Please dont tell me you can only open it once! and also none of the questions match any questions i have seen examples of. Is this just because all forces use different questions? Cheers, Dan.

    • 2 replies
    • 422 views
  9. RogerDelmore
    Started by RogerDelmore,

    Hey, Can anyone help me I'm wanting to become a QPO and I'm just wondering how hard is it to get to the academy??

    • 0 replies
    • 434 views
  10. nottsgem
    Started by nottsgem * ,

    Hi, Not sure where I should post this, so I decided with here. Im currently working as a social worker within child protection, but want to get into child protection within the police force and hopefully end up working to 'catch' paedophiles who groom children over the internet. Now I haven’t got a clue how I would do this, would I need to complete my basic police training and work my way up? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!! Would also be good to hear from anyone woh is currently in this role. Thanks Gemma

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  11. missd83
    Started by missd83,

    hi, im just waiting for my fitness test for tvp and keep asking them about vetting. all they ever say is "vetting is ongoing throughout your whole police career" i see though that some people have "passed" vetting. so is there a point where its confirmed and you know that you have passed or is it like they say - ongoing forever? im a bit confused with it all !

    • 1 reply
    • 432 views
    Iceman_gooner
  12. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello, I am not sure if this if the correct place to post this but I am soon to start my police training with Northamptonshire police and was wandering what can a normal regular police officer drive and what can they do, by this I mean can they initially chase someone, respond to a call with blue lights on our do they need to have more driver training for this, sorry if this has been posted before. mike

  13. domino_dom
    Started by domino_dom,

    Heya! Does anyone know, when you are allocated an 8 week old (or so) puppy for bonding and familiarising etc once you pass the home checks etc. What happens to work? Presumably you can't always do shifts with a tiny puppy at home? So what happens do you stay on borough or do you move to dogs and take the puppy with you? Do you take leave for a the first few weeks? Any ideas? Thanks!! :)

    • 1 reply
    • 874 views
  14. Imi
    Started by Imi,

    Hello! I've only been a member for about 3 hours, but I've read a good amount from people panicking about their BMIs and I just wanted to put forward my own wee story that worked for me, and maybe grab a few more (sensible!) ideas from other people. Maybe there's another topic around exactly the same as this, and if there is I'm sorry (this is the first post I've made on a forum EVER, let alone on this particular forum.. I'm such a technophobe). Anyway, I started off about 6 months ago, just after all the Christmas chocolate, thinking I should probably try to lose the Christmas blob. So here's how it started: Diet For Christmas I got a £10 Argos voucher and couldn't …

    • 8 replies
    • 330 views
  15. Prophecy
    Started by Prophecy,

    Hi everyone, Nice forum you guys have got here! Maybe you could give me a little bit of advice... I'm a 24 yr old male in Northern Ireland. I have been applying for the PSNI for the past few years since studying a National Diploma in 'Uniformed Public Services' at college. I have previously got through everything (initial test, assessment day, vetting, medical) and fell short at the last hurdle, the 50/50 selection process as I'm from a protestant background. Last week I was informed I have passed the assessment centre again, and I really hope I get in this time, though I realise the chances are still very slim. If I do not get accepted this time, I will apply to…

    • 10 replies
    • 941 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.