Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but, on the application form you get a question like this: Q1 It is vitally important that police officers show respect for others, irrespective of their background. Try to recall an occasion when you have challenged someone’s behaviour that was bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. Do not use an example where the other person was simply angry or upset. Their behaviour must have been bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. You will be assessed in this question on how positively you acted, and on how well you understood what had happened. What if you have never been in a situation where you have had to challenge someone's b…

  2. SmokeyH
    Started by SmokeyH,

    Hey After a long wait, the time has come for the next stage of my move from Specials to Regs. I have my assessment centre with Thames Valley on 28th this month. Does anyone else here have the dates? Sorry if this is in the wrong section (please feel free to move), but I found it useful with my Specials application to find other applicants, so hope can do the same now. Chris

    • 2 replies
    • 458 views
  3. Lee1231546620547
    Started by Lee1231546620547,

    Hi I have applied for Notts back in Jan have passed the paper sift stage but i am still waiting for an assessment centre date i have been told this should hopefully be the start of next year hopefully. I am considering transferring my application to either Hampshire or Dorset - Dorset are recruiting from the 1st September and Hampshire may be recruiting in 2010 possibly April i am concerned if i don't transfer to Dorset and wait for Hampshire that i may have gone to far through the process with Notts and not be able to as i am not sure Hampshire will definitely be recruiting in April, but i don't want to transfer to Dorset then transfer to Hampshire if it may have a n…

    Lee1231546620547
  4. rye12
    Started by rye12,

    Hi everyone, I submitted my application for Norfolk at the beginning of January. I received an email 3 weeks ago to say they had received my application. Does anyone know how long it will take before I hear anything else? Thanks Ryan

  5. npl1977
    Started by npl1977,

    Hi all, About to start at Tulliallan for basic training and wondered what sort of Physical Training I can expect i.e how often we train, what type of training etc. If anyone who's been there and done it can offer some info that would be great! Cheers

  6. tjosmith
    Started by tjosmith,

    Did anyone else notice the following points in the Lib Dems election manifesto yesterday regarding the police and the community? They have pledged to pay for 3,000 more police on the beat, to be funded largely by scrapping ID cards, and to reform the police, with a full review of terms and conditions for police officer recruitment. It would be interesting to see what they would change?!

  7. hm204
    Started by hm204,

    Hi, I am trying my best to occupy my time during this wait doing something constructive! As such i was wondering whether anyone could reccommend any books that might help me prepare for becoming a police officer? Many thanks,

    • 2 replies
    • 574 views
  8. j4klancpol
    Started by j4klancpol,

    Hello all, After transferring my PC app from Lancs in Feb this year. I've got my Final Interview date through from Merseyside (14th April 2010). Are there any others out there?! If so, shall we set up our own support network and share our knowledge to help get us through? I'd love to hear from anyone else in the same boat as me. Good luck everybody!

    • 16 replies
    • 796 views
  9. garfield07932
    Started by garfield07932,

    Is anybody going to the centre on the 16th Feb 2010? in the AM?

  10. skomer
    Started by skomer,

    Hi all, Was wondering if anyone who passed they're assessment has heard anything about the fitness test yet? or if anyones received any feedback from the assessment yet?

    • 3 replies
    • 155 views
  11. kfc84
    Started by kfc84,

    Looking to buy some second hand past papers, anyone willing to sell or donate?

    • 2 replies
    • 677 views
  12. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hey, just wondering if anyone could give any advice concerning the logical reasoning test. I have been practising over the last few days and im not feeling so confident with them. I'm getting one wrong every other question and its knocking my confidence. Anyone lend any tips ? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 239 views
    Iceman_gooner
  13. mdeer
    Started by mdeer,

    Got my assessment day this weekend, just wondering if I have to come up with new examples for the competencies or if I can simply use the ones I put on the application, in the interview?

    • 2 replies
    • 366 views
  14. JamesGrf1933
    Started by JamesGrf1933 * ,

    Morning all. Just after your views on transferring to the MET. I'm currently a DC in Leicestershire CAIU but have been successful in my application to join the Major Investigation Team in the MET based at Barking. Everyone I have spoken to about the MET only has good things to say about it as a Police Force, I've yet to meet someone who has anything negative to say. I'm waiting for my security and vetting checks to be completed before an offer and start date are made so thought it would be a good idea to get the views of people that have made the move or those that work in the MET. I really want to make the move but it's a massive step, any comments and advice from f…

    JamesGrf1933 *
  15. Chouser
    Started by Chouser,

    Dear all, After a flurry of frantic and frenzied activity, endless posts and regular updates from the January intakes it seems that they've all gone to ground and haven't been seen around these parts in a while. No doubt they've all been extremely busy and have had a tough time completing the hybrid (never to be repeated) IPLDP but I for one would be very interested to learn how they're doing. So, for anyone that started in January, and you were a regular poster on here, would you be kind enough to give the next lot of wannabees, future applicants and general 'hopefuls' a flavour of your Surrey Police Student Officer experience thus far please? Man…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.