Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. celt
    Started by celt,

    I've sent my vetting forms over about a month ago and my 2 personal referees have been written to and returned their forms. I've just taken out a car loan (last week)and my credit score was perfect (I used a credit reference agency to check). I've contacted my bank today for a loan to clear my overdraft and this has been refused, they didn't give a reason. I'm assuming that they will record this on my credit file I'm very anxious now as I think I will fail the financial check (this could be because my credit history has been search 3 times in 1 week). I've got some credit cards but these are always paid off on time, I've never had a CCJ or a IVA. Do yo…

  2. Pumpkin83
    Started by Pumpkin83,

    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the site but I am in the recruitment process and couldn't find anywhere else suitable to post this! I just wondered if many people out there have childcare 'issues' and work in the police full time? I have a toddler and plan on him staying with his childminder when (hopefully) I join. I will sometimes have issues though when my husband goes away on work. My childminder will have my son overnight so I think this will be ok but I am curious to the sorts of arrangements other people may have? I have tried to find out shift patterns but as they are different for each division (Cambs) recruitment cannot tell me until I am assigned…

    • 3 replies
    • 415 views
  3. MetApplicant09
    Started by MetApplicant09,

    Hey guys, Like the majority of you I'm also waiting for a start date. While reading this forum I have heard differing accounts for the number of recruits to be taken on as police officers in the FY 2010/11. I have recently read a report from the MPA meeting dated 25th March, and the findings are no where near what I was expecting considering there are 2000 people waiting for start dates. Having been optimistic after receiving the latest letter i'm now a lot less hopeful. Please read the following vis a vis No. 46. http://www.mpa.gov.uk/committees/mpa/2010/100325/07/ If this isn't news to you please let me know as well as any opinion…

    MetApplicant09
  4. littleun1546620628
    Started by littleun1546620628 * ,

    Hi I'm new at this so not sure what the correct way of going about it is. Anyway, I submitted my Shared Recruitment Form last week and got an invitation through my email today asking me to come to the assesment event on the 15th April. I noticed that there is a fitness element to it, which is one of my problems. I can't get the time off work, and also I'm carrying a knee injury where I'm not allowed to run for at least another 3 weeks (covering the dates of the assesment). Are they OK with rescheduling assesments or do you have to go when you're told to? Obviously 2 weeks isn't very much time.... Any help/advice would be gratefully recieved! Thanks Jen

  5. Michelle113x
    Started by Michelle113x,

    hey just wondering if anyone knows the specifics of this rule? i applied for merseyside pcso mid november....it is obv only 4 months since then as opposed 2 the 6 months but not sure if the rule applies across pcso's and constable....ie could i apply for constable now as last time was pcso? also...my bf who works in security so works closely wit pcsos and police has spoken 2 a few of them bout me applying and a couple of them have actually said that although the 6 month rule is in place, forces dont actually check up on this when they recieve applications!?.... anyone know anything bout this? as eager 2 apply again asap. many thanks michelle

  6. jay1985
    Started by jay1985,

    Hi all, this is my first post so be gentle! I was just wondering if anyone else applied to Warwickshire in Jan? I sent off my application and got it there on time but havent heard anything back from them? Not even a letter to say its been recieved. Is this normal as its now been 6 weeks and i thought i would of heard something.

  7. Hope55
    Started by Hope55,

    Anyone know what financial checks are carried out at application stage, apart from the credit reference agency check? Thanks.

  8. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    What does this part of the medical consist of? Is it just simply looking at an opticians chart or...??? I've been doing the eye tests on the computer from near enough 6 metres away and I think I should pass depending on what they test involves. I tried looking at the pictures test and I could barely see them! Help/advice is appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 178 views
    Mark.1546620627
  9. skomer
    Started by skomer,

    Hi all, was wondering if somebody could let me know where the intial training for dyfed powys police takes place. Any help much appreciated, cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  10. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Does anyone know if the 6 month rule for applying to another force also applies if you fail vetting? I only applied to Notts 2 weeks ago but had a letter today saying I had failed vetting. I am going to appeal but if this doesnt work does it mean I cant apply again for 6 months from now?

    • 0 replies
    • 504 views
    Times_champion
  11. trishat
    Started by trishat * ,

    hey i need help with this, i am hoping to join the police force some time in the future but in my current employment i have been given the chance to get my own personal liqour licence but im sure i have read in the past some where that this may be an issue when applyiing for the police, does anyone know about this? i would be gratefull for any help

  12. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Need some advice please.... My application was rejected at the vetting stage with merpol and told it's because of me and I have no right to appeal. I talked to a nice lady in recruitment who advised me i could write in but i would still be rejected. She did say i should get a subject application for more information as to why. heres the thing I already have, and nothing came up. So it's all very frustrating....do people think I have good grounds for a appeal?

    • 6 replies
    • 661 views
  13. gavinhowells
    Started by gavinhowells,

    Hi everyone, Anybody know what the Assessment Centre pass mark is for Dyfed Powys? Many thanks Gavin

    • 8 replies
    • 629 views
  14. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi folks, I have began studying for reconvention. I am wondering if any people who have recently been through reconvention could give me some advice? I find that there is so much detail to go over on all the general issues and I don't want to get bogged down and miss the more important topics. For example I have been reading up on anti social behaviour today and there is so much info on closure notices, dispersal orders, touting, blocking the lawful passage of another. It's hard to remember all the detail. Are there specific areas covered or is it literally everything? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, C

    • 4 replies
    • 2.4k views
    scottishchicky
  15. Jonomc
    Started by Jonomc,

    Been looking at the MOD police and am interested if anyone on here has applied or has previously attented the assessment centre? I see the assessment is two days, apart from the four interactive exercises, interview, two written tests and the verbal and numerical reasoning test, what else is done during the two days? I have tried searching the forums but i couldn't find anything relating to the MOD police. Was looking at my local forces but the MOD police seems quite interesting.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.