Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Sorry if this has been asked before, in a bit of a rush with the baby don't have time to look through the forum. Do you have to declare on vetting if an officer has stopped you and just taken your name down in there note book? (just remembered as it was years ago) thanks KiftyGT

    • 8 replies
    • 621 views
    Iceman_gooner
  2. churchill Cardiff
    Started by churchill Cardiff,

    just really wanted your help guys. if an application was completed and passed with a good grade, would you be allowed to re use the same Competency question answer to submit another application with another force or will they scan it through to check for previous submissions? any if same answers and scenario they will decline the app as a duplicate? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 425 views
  3. ranjit
    Started by ranjit * ,

    Hi guys, I need some help, I am looking for somewhere or a gym near to Aylesbury or Milton Keynes - where I can use a Dyno machine to practice my technique for my fitness test... I failed my first fitness test this week - I pushed 31kg because my technique wasn't right - yet in the gym I could push 35kg. I have my next test in 3 weeks.... little worried now. Thanks

    carlyjadebaldwin
  4. hm204
    Started by hm204,

    Hi, I have my final interview approaching and was wondering whether anyone could reccommend any books that might help me prepare for becoming a police officer? Many thanks,

    gavincarter1976
  5. jan80808
    Started by jan80808,

    With regards to the medical I have been told by an officer that if you have a condition of being flat footed you will fail the medical. I have also heard this in the army aswell. and there is an article on wikipedia to back it up regarding the army medical. Is what I have said true with the police medical? Any advice will help thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 323 views
    Follow The Sapper
  6. hm204
    Started by hm204,

    Hi, I have my final interview approaching and was wondering whether anyone could reccommend any books that might help me prepare for becoming a police officer? Many thanks,

    • 1 reply
    • 394 views
  7. kuiboop
    Started by kuiboop,

    Hi guys, am excited to be invited for the PIRT test on the 19th of March (Essex PCSO) Am wondering what's these test like, how many question, what subjects, whats the pass mark. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 138 views
  8. thompsonfitness
    Started by thompsonfitness * ,

    Hi all, Having been in your position myself some 7 years ago and having served in the force for 6 years, I can help you PASS the fitness test first time, no messing about!! As a fully qualified + experienced personal trainer, I can assist in getting you fit enough VERY QUICKLY using the latest methods and tricks of the trade. I guaruntee that regardless of your current fitness levels, I can get you through this test :) Please be aware to guys that passing this test doesn't mean your fit/strong enough to do a good job out on patrol!!! Having been in 'scrapes' and chases every week of my police career, I can assure you the fitness test itself is NOT an indicator of the p…

    • 4 replies
    • 578 views
  9. brad007
    Started by brad007,

    I have a question about the application form. I'm in the process of filling out rough copies and I'm having trouble on the part where you fill out family members DOB, full name, previous names and place of birth. Problem is there isn't enough room to put in my wifes full name, previous names, DOB and place without it looking really really scruffy and crammed. Is there any ideas to this or can I leave out previous surnames. Thanks guys.

  10. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    I appealled to Occupational Health of West Midlands Police at the start of January as they failed my application to join the Specials regarding a shoulder operation I had. I had a shoulder operation in 2007 due to me dislocating my shoulder twice. The aim of the operation was to prevent the shoulder from dislocating again. The surgery was a complete success and I have had no problems since the operation. I now regularly visit the gym to maintain my strength. It is now 8th March and all I have received back is a letter on 13th Januray to say that they will get back to me once they have made decison. Do you think I have got a chance with this appeal and anybody have any ro…

  11. Flash
    Started by Flash,

    Hello to all you ukpoliceonliners. Has anyone out there recently applied for the city of london support group transfer. Which was recently advertised. Has anyone out there heard anything?

    • 0 replies
    • 787 views
  12. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hey guys I'm filling in my application for gwent police specials. This is my 2nd attempt, so i know abit about the competancys, however, i have came across this question Try to recall an occasion when you have challenged someone’s behaviour that was bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. why did the other people involved behave as they did? - gwent special app Why do you think the other person behaved as they did? - other apps My problem is with the question on gwents app, what other people are they asking about ? As there is one person who's bullying another and no one else involved (except me ) what should i put ?? I know this may not make sense, so sorry for …

    • 4 replies
    • 455 views
    Iceman_gooner
  13. Tweedledee

    Hi everyone, i am seriously concidering applying to join the Police [whenever another recruitment drive comes up for either of my chosen forces [GMP or Merpol] and i was wondering if the fact that i can speak a little Polish [and by the time i come to apply, will hopefully be fluent ish] will be an advantage for my application? My thinking is that i'd be quite useful to have a round if a translator is needed urgently! Or do they already have people on the team who can speak other languages or a way to access translators urgently when theyre out and about on the beat? Thanks :)

    • 12 replies
    • 734 views
  14. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    I appealled to Occupational Health of West Midlands Police at the start of January as they failed my application to join the Specials regarding a shoulder operation I had. I had a shoulder operation in 2007 due to me dislocating my shoulder twice. The aim of the operation was to prevent the shoulder from dislocating again. The surgery was a complete success and I have had no problems since the operation. I now regularly visit the gym to maintain my strength. It is now 8th March and all I have received back is a letter on 13th Januray to say that they will get back to me once they have made decison. Do you think I have got a chance with this appeal and anybody have any ro…

    • 0 replies
    • 370 views
  15. Hope55
    Started by Hope55,

    Hi there I have posted on another forum but had no responses as yet and a little anxious. Does anyone know if the financial checks for regular officers is the same as specials? I have made first application to become a special and just wanted to know what exactly they check financially? I have nothing in my credit file to indicate a problem that I can see, but wondered if they just check credit files or any other organisations records, for example HMRC for tax credits etc?? Myself and my husband were overpaid a small amount which the HMRC said they would take back from entitlement this year, due to the assumption system of calculating your eligibility ie, they assu…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.