Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Anyone going or anyone got any idea what to expect?

    • 1 reply
    • 661 views
  2. tyers
    Started by tyers,

    Well i've done this test many times in my life through school and college. Ive always got to stage 10+ and the last time I did it was about 4-5 years ago. Will it be exactly the same test as the ones i've already done, or do the police speed it up abit? I need to know how much to prepare as I dont do much cardio work anymore, just the odd bit of footy. Thanks Mike.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. phooey
    Started by phooey,

    Hello All, Am lucky enough to have a provisional start date of April 2010 for Notts Police...can anyone tell me what the format and hours are during training / probation? ie. are there standard 9 to 5 hours during the first x weeks of training and then move to shifts?, or shifts from day one etc? - dont seem to have much information about what will happen once we actually start? Would welcome any information from experienced hands! Neil

  4. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

    Hey there, I'm waiting for Fitness and Medical tests, but at the moment I'm having no luck with eye surgery as my prescription isn't stable enough, but one company has suggested Contact lens implants, Actually in my eyes, I can't see anything about them anywhere in the Police Medical requirements, so Are they allowed? Regards, Lee

    • 0 replies
    • 106 views
    Lee.S1546620511
  5. scottishchicky
    Started by scottishchicky,

    Hey Guys Just wanted to wish all of you that will be starting up at Tulliallan a week on Monday good luck - U will be the new B Division as I am due to pass out this coming Friday (19th), all the staff for B Div are really nice, tho some will be leaving when we do to go back to their respective forces. Good Luck & Enjoy

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  6. klo306
    Started by klo306,

    Hi all, I am due to graduate from a policing degree this July (2010). Just in time for the recession to take hold on public sector budgets (sods law). As it can take up to a year from application to appointment ideally i'd have my application in the system by now. Problem is none of the Constabularies i'm interesting seem to be hiring, in fact of the 20 or so Constabularies I checked none seemed to be hiring. Does anybody have any idea of when this freeze on recruitment may be lifted?? If its going to be like a year I guess I could wait it out but if its like 2, 3 or 4 years i'm thinking the army may be a good choice. Any inside info/ rumours are welcome. P.S. I'm …

  7. PatPatPat
    Started by PatPatPat,

    .... .. PatPatPat2010-03-01 21:00:47

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. kuiboop
    Started by kuiboop,

    Hi guys just posted my application for PCSO. Am wondering about medical test, what is the allowed BMI and how strict are they? Am worried because i might be a bit over weight. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. gavincarter1976
    Started by gavincarter1976,

    Hi Guys I just wanted to chat with anyone who's had their Surrey assessment day in Ryton this week, I had mine yesterday. I should mention we can't talk about specific exercises as we signed a confidentiality agreement and I don't any problems. I really messed up my first interview but felt like I did pretty well in everything else.....it's gonna be an agonising wait

  10. G4rry
    Started by G4rry,

    I have been informed that the Scottish Police College takes a 2 week summer break. What is the situation with the student officers who's course runs through that 2 week break. Are they given holiday or are they assigned elsewhere for the fortnight?

    • 8 replies
    • 3.2k views
  11. will251
    Started by will251,

    Hey, Can anyone tell me what the equalisation allowance is? Ive noticed it posted on some of the police related jobs. Thanks Will

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  12. madyakermatt
    Started by madyakermatt,

    Hi Guys, I have been invited to attend a Pre-Assessment for Bedfordshire force in a few weeks. This will involve an interview and a 20 minute written assessment. Has anyone got any advice on what revision and research I should be doing? I am going through "Written Exercises for the Police Recruit Assessment Process" to help me with the written part. My main issue for the Interview is that I am not from Bedfordshire and know next to nothing about the area. I have started looking at the forces structure i.e. it is split in to two Divisons: County and Luton. I have also printed of some crime stats, and am trying to keep up to date with current events taking place within the…

    • 0 replies
    • 237 views
  13. Pete1546620600
    Started by Pete1546620600,

    Something that I want to know is how badly is being a smoker viewed in applying for the police force and how much is it frowned upon once you are in? I know it's a bad habit and am going to try and quit but if I don't magage to before I apply do you think it will affect my chances?

    • 5 replies
    • 755 views
  14. Drummer01
    Started by Drummer01,

    Hi guys, Finally have my offer all confirmed to start with Essex Police in March - anyone else on the March intake?? The uniform fitting got me even more excited to start - can't wait!

  15. daybo
    Started by daybo,

    Does anyone know the legality (police act) or policy with regards to after receiving your official start date letter and putting in your notice in with your current force? What happens if your new force changes their mind after you have put in your notice? Are forces allowed to do this and are your current force obliged to withdraw your notice? Daybo

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.